Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I Have a Beef - Re: Twitch Live Stream 5/24/17 - Kickstarter Mounts

Comments

• Options
    Is that all people do is cry?
    Why do you need a mount at level 1?
    I certainly hope they are just skins and not everyone is running around on day 1 with the same mounts.
  • Options
    Skins sound like an excelled idea able to be applied on and off at will!

When you get your first mount you can have the visual choice of two!

Win, win!
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/i-have-a-beef-re-twitch-live-stream-52417-kickstarter-mounts/page/2/#post-28939">Ezenkrul87 wrote:</a></div>Is that all people do is cry?
    I certainly hope they are just skins and not everyone is running around on day 1 with the same mounts.

</quote>

Well No one is crying, I identified an issue since on the Kickstarter it says "Recieve Backer Exclusive Mounts", Not "backer exclusive skins for mounts that you can't acces until later in the game" As it is very misleading when people are actually expecting to receive cool looking mounts.

I even proposed separate recommendations for it constructively. So what is your point?
  • Options
    </quote class="d4pbbc-quote"><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/i-have-a-beef-re-twitch-live-stream-52417-kickstarter-mounts/page/2/#post-28939">Ezenkrul87 wrote:</a></div>Is that all people do is cry?

</quote>

Well No one is crying, I identified an issue since on the Kickstarter it says "Recieve Backer Exclusive Mounts", Not "backer exclusive skins for mounts that you can't acces until later in the game" As it is very misleading when people are actually expecting to receive cool looking mounts.

I even proposed separate recommendations for it constructively. So what is your point?
  • Options
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/25/ashes-of-creation-first-look-an-mmo-that-lets-you-be-the-boss
    <em>"The AI normally has to kill a certain amount of people, and then it can eventually delevel a node by killing enough NPCs," Bard said. "If the player takes over and finishes that script successfully, then they're going to get rewards mostly based around the context of the event, so they'll get clothing customizations, appearance items, or mounts."</em>

I'm guessing those mounts would also be skins??
  • Options
    Well No one is crying, the Original Post identified an issue since on the Kickstarter it says "Recieve Backer Exclusive Mounts", Not "backer exclusive skins for mounts that you can't acces until later in the game" As it is very misleading when people are actually expecting to receive cool looking mounts.

• Options
    I think the idea of it being a skin is awesome! You can reapply the look to whichever mount you prefer without having to worry about swapping the mount stats or anything.
  • Options
    My point is that the skins should be applicable account wide, and should state that they ARE skins not actual mounts on the kickstarter.

Many were confused over this. And specifically the Dawnstrider and Tidesnapper mounts. How will those be "skinned"?

See what I mean? And the mounts skins (currently stated) can only be applied per One Character on an account
  • Options
    Another issue are dyes.

They also seem to only applied to one character with an additional limitation of "one time only"

Meaning (if I'm not mistaken) That you can ONLY use the dye once and then it's gone forever
  • Options
    Ahhh but are the mount skins just one time use? That wasn't answered.

And yes, I'm very disappointed in the exclusive dyes being one time use. I wish it was the GW2 system that once you obtained a color you got to use it on anything dye-able and as many times as you wanted.
  • Options
    I believe the mount skins are re appliable, So it doesn't make sense why Dyes would not be Re appliable as well.

But the way they stated the mount skins is that you have to actually already Own a corresponding mount to use your Exclusive skins. And furthermore that it can only be used on one character at a time. These are very strict limitations on purely Cosmetic features
  • Options
    <blockquote>
    I believe the mount skins are re appliable, So it doesn’t make sense why Dyes would not be Re appliable as well.

But the way they stated the mount skins is that you have to actually already Own a corresponding mount to use your Exclusive skins. And furthermore that it can only be used on one character at a time. These are very strict limitations on purely Cosmetic features
    </blockquote>

Yeah, all your points are fair. No one is crying or throwing a hissy fit. We just want transparency and clear language used. I also think that the Kickstarter wording is a bit misleading. I'm currently backed at Braver of Worlds atm as well, so this information does shape my decision to stay put or not.

I appreciate that Steven replied to this thread, but I hope he clarifies on multi-character usage and re usability for the dyes.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/i-have-a-beef-re-twitch-live-stream-52417-kickstarter-mounts/page/2/#post-28841">Steven wrote:</a></div>Hey Guys!

Sorry if the KS was not clear enough on this, I will have an FAQ updated to reflect the appropriate information.

To clarify for everyone here;

The mounts in the KS package are skins that can be applied to mounts that you attain or breed in game. We did this so that you could reapply the skin to new mounts you may obtain as you progress in the game. In addition it removes the p2w component of “buying” a mount off the bat.

<3
    </blockquote>

To be precise your braver of worlds package reads "Dawn Breaker Epic Mount" if it is just a skin then this is blatant misrepresentation.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/i-have-a-beef-re-twitch-live-stream-52417-kickstarter-mounts/page/2/#post-28841">Steven wrote:</a></div>Hey Guys!

Sorry if the KS was not clear enough on this, I will have an FAQ updated to reflect the appropriate information.

The mounts in the KS package are skins that can be applied to mounts that you attain or breed in game. We did this so that you could reapply the skin to new mounts you may obtain as you progress in the game. In addition it removes the p2w component of “buying” a mount off the bat.

<3

</blockquote>

Tried posting this again.
    Braver of worlds package reads specifically
    "Dawn Breaker EPIC MOUNT" not skin.
    This could cause many people to decide not to back at all.
    Mounts are hardly pay to win if you can do a quest to get one starting at 5th for free. Then all we would be doing is paying for uniqueness. I truly hope you change your mind as with h the braver of worlds package is clearly misrepresenting your intent.
  • Options

<3

</blockquote>

Mounts are hardly pay to win if you can do a quest to get one starting at 5th for free. Then all we would be doing is paying for uniqueness. I truly hope you change your mind as with h the braver of worlds package is clearly misrepresenting your intent.
  • Options
    Steve posted
    "Hey Guys!

The mounts in the KS package are skins that can be applied to mounts that you attain or breed in game. We did this so that you could reapply the skin to new mounts you may obtain as you progress in the game. In addition it removes the p2w component of “buying” a mount off the bat. "

• Options
    I agree I appreciate @Steven 's Open communications. But this is a very big point, and
    a large driving force behind backers who thought these Cosmetics would actually be available to them come game time.

The Characters Mounts and Dyes should both definitely be multi-functional for different characters as well as dyes. And there shouldn't be any reason why Dyes would not be re appliable? Especially kickstarter exclusive ones? That baffles me a little. Does a little shine or flash give one a boon in combat? Perhaps by blinding with extravagant colors ????
  • Options
    I took it upon myself to let everyone know
    On kickstarter that the wording in the packages was not exactly what is listed.

Hopefully steven or the other developers will take notice and CHANGE the Cosmetic options regarding the mounts and dyes
  • Options
    The skins will be available come game time.
  • Options
    I like the idea that you have to breed / tame / obtain a mount in game with your own effort and that then this mount can have it's own attributes, but then you can use some skin on it for aesthetic purposes, and you can obtain skins from various sources, including KS or CS.

It's like crafting your own gear in game with your own effort, or getting it in dungeon, gear having it's own attributes, but then wearing a costume skin on top of it for your own aesthetic feel, costumes being obtainable from various sources, including KS and CS.
  • Options
    The packages do not reflect this, They all very specifically say recieve a kickstarter exclusive Mount.

What about the Dawnstrider, and Tidesnapper?

We are essentially paying for cosmetic items that won't be available to us even at launch.
  • Options
    As far as the mounts / skins go I am actually glad they are skins that I can use on the related mounts (land mount, water mount, etc.) as I level up and get better performing mounts, otherwise they would become useless mounts that you would end up only bringing out for show. Also this makes since for the future of the Cash Store where you can purchase other mounts skins for your related mounts.

As for the dyes I would hold for a clearer answer, I think they really just conformed that dyes were consumable which is how they should be. The way I read the KS Dyes is that I will have access to custom colors in addition to the standard colors when creating my dyes.

Maddstone
  • Options
    Why are you saying the skins for the mounts won't be available even at launch?
    We won't be able to use the skins for the first few minutes after we log in. We will be able to use the skins within the first play session or two.

It's not that big of a deal.
    I guess we should just demand the devs to give all the backers a Level 0 mule just to make everyone happy.
  • Options
    @Maddstone
    "The way I read the KS Dyes is that I will have access to custom colors in addition to the standard colors when creating my dyes."

That's exactly how I interpreted it too but since this whole mount skin confusion, I'm not sure if I can go with my gut instinct on this one. It could be custom dye only in character creation suite. Though this is a backer goal, not a pledge issue, so we're getting the dyes regardless of how it's implemented.
  • Options
    I'm fine with them being skins if mounts get Better as you upgrade, but the Kickstarter should
    have properly reflected this as skins.

In addition having them only per one character is limiting

Yes I agree on the dyes, the way I read it, it SHOULD be a set of additional dyes that US as backers should have access to utilize not a "one time" consumable. As that makes no sense
  • Options
    Most people here are in favor of mount skins as a balancing element. I like the idea too. Being able to have an epic mount early game would indeed be P2W-ish. It's just a matter of principle and wording as a business practice.

It should say that we're getting skins and not mounts. I personally don't like the idea of getting a lightning fast mount at level 1 either, but each Pledge tier is a lot of money and the wording should accurately reflect what we're getting.

For Freehold <strong>appearance</strong> bundle, Pioneer cloak, Royalty costume, and so forth, you know for sure that you're getting an aesthetic modifier.
    The wording of "White Runic Steed" does not say "Skin for White Runic Steed."
    It should be the latter, and there should be some asterisk further clarifying like this:
    *Skins for mounts are account-bound but they can be used unlimited times by any characters simultaneously. This means your main and your alt can both being applying the White Runic Steed skin to their respective mounts at the same time, but their mount speeds will vary depending on the tier and breed quality of the mount to which you apply the skin.
  • Options
    @Dygz
    "It’s not that big of a deal.
    I guess we should just demand the devs to give all the backers a Level 0 mule just to make everyone happy."

I don't think the gripe is about getting a mount or not. It's about being misled on the KS.

Some people, like myself are pledging for different reasons, other people pledge specifically for the mount. Intrepid has been doing very well to not mislead people during their Q&As and what they release to the public, don't you think that same standard of care should be taken for promises made in their KS package?

No one is going to demand the devs to give out mounts to everyone. I think what people want is clear and transparent promises so they can make an inform decision on how much to pledge. It should be done Asap as the deadline for pledge is ticking.
  • Options
    exactly my thoughts @CloudStrife

In addition as I said, they should open up functionality for the skins to be appliable to multiple characters at once if the player desired. I don't see why we would have to go through all the added load of having to take it off. Log off,

Also with the Exclusive dyes as well, they should be an additional amount of dyes that backers can utilize multiple times. Also on multiple characters. Not doing so is misleading and doesn't make much sense
  • Options
    It's about people not understanding the details.
    There is nothing in the KS that states we will be able to ride a mount the minute we log into the game.
    Anyone who thought that added something to the concept that wasn't written.
    Added something that should be difficult to believe since the devs keep saying that their game is not P2W and that cash rewards are cosmetic.
  • Options
    Do I literally have to spell this out for you?

It says VERY clearly on the packages that backers RECEIVE an EXCLUSIVE MOUNT.

There is no confusion in that statement on ALL those packages. That is a purely POOR wording. (no offense to the developers and Steven)

So now we have a conflict of interests as all these backers have been thinking (up until yesterday which was when we actually learned they were skins NOT mounts) thought they were going to get Mounts with their pledges.

Having a fancy way to move around is NOT p2w. It's a cool way to show off while you travel around. How do you even remotely get p2w off a cool looking mount?