Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How will you prepare for release date?

I have a 2 Step Plan, they are as follows:

Step 1 - Get rich.
Step 2 - Retire.

No idea how I will do either yet, however, if I'm successful with Step 1, based on my calculations, Step 2 should follow shortly after.

What's your plans?

Comments

• Options
    I will take some days off work and buy a few cases of energy drink. :smiley:
  • Options
    I'll have some pizza and caffeine prepared for an all-nighter :)
  • Options
    Setting money aside so that I can build a high end pc. 
  • Options
    I'll request a couple of days off, get snacks and drinks stocked up, and not leave the house lol
  • Options
    Buy stock in frozen pizzas and tell my daughter and husband I love them and will miss them, add extra beds and bones for the dogs in my room so they are comfortable and happy while they watch me stare the computer for many hours at a time. 
  • Options
    xlog said:
    Setting money aside so that I can build a high end pc. 
    Me too. This old laptop probably won't be able to play it. I've got 1 year to find a sale and get a better one.
  • Options
    Save up 2 weeks of paid vacation days :) 
  • Options
    Step one: Pray to every god there is and might be, first of all the holy spaghetti Monster, that the releasedate doesn't fall into a university test week.

Step one point one: Predo any thesiswork, since we talk 2 years it should be around that time I have to do that too ._.

Step two: Get a thermocan for tea, or a watercook thing to make it right beside me.

Step three: Precook some meels so I only have to warm them up again.

Step four: Having uninterrupted fun.
  • Options
    Step 1: Make sure the wife is away for around a week
    Step 2: Same with kids
    Step 3: Mute my cellphone
    Step 4: Close windows and curtains (no I ain't home)
    Step 5: Be ready to get punished by the wife and kids when they read this.

Damn I'm doomed

• Options
    Need to prepare my PC first. Will upgrade it within this year to be ready for Betas at least. And for the release day, I should take at least 1 week off from work to set things right with the game and my guild.
  • Options
    Might upgrade my PC, too. 
    Meanwhile I'm looking for some german players and many many englisch ones to polish my english "skills". I like meeting new people <3 
    On release day I'll get distracted by every flower and butterfly, which means I won't move far away from my spawn point... 
  • Options
    Probably open a window so I don't die from suffocation while playing the game. That would be kinda a waste... 
  • Options
    Beorn said:
    Step 1: Make sure the wife is away for around a week
    Step 2: Same with kids
    Step 3: Mute my cellphone
    Step 4: Close windows and curtains (no I ain't home)
    Step 5: Be ready to get punished by the wife and kids when they read this.
    pretty much this
  • Options
    Hope that the release date is on a friday so i can be antisocial for the whole weekend :smile:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I thought of some more...

1. Workout and eat healthy leading up to release as I probably won't move once it's out 
    2. Buy an automatic dog feeder 
    3. Tell all friends and family I've left the country and won't be back for some time
    4. Breakup with the gf 

• Options
    1. Spend the dev. time getting youngest ready for school.
    2. Send all children to school. (play while they're away)
    3. Remind kids of their chores. (Which are really MY chores I neglected to do while playing.)
    4.Reward them by playing the character of their choice.
    5. Put them to bed and play moar!

(All meals will be prepared via crock-pot for at least 1 week...)
  • Options
    My plan is remarkably similar to the OP's.  I'm already well into Step 1.  I hope that if the stock market (the real one, not the $3M stretch goal) doesn't crash and my other investments perform well that I'll be able to retire early in late 2019 or early 2020, which is about when I'd guess that AoC may release.
  • Options
    1. Earn money to build high end pc
    2. Take a Week of from university 
    3. Minimize time to sleep 
    4. Grind my ass off ^^
  • Options
    Well, I am going to do a lot of research so that I know which class I think I will have the most fun with. At the moment it is really a MASSIVE toss up because I love the idea of all classes, bar the bard!

I have a gamer pc so I don't need to worry about that, and since I reckon this game will be released on a friday...I will be pulling all nighters all weekend :)
  • Options
    Pretty standard I guess...

1. Upgrade PC within now -> launch
    2. Wait till launch date is revealed
    3. Book vacation, at least 1 week, maybe 2
    4. hoard food/drinks/toilet-paper/etc.
    5. Enjoy 
  • Options
    Eh, not much to do to prepare. By that time, probably get a new PC (or upgrade this one) and that's it. I won't take time off for launch, as tempting as it is. I think the wife wouldn't agree with it :smiley:
  • Options
    Make sure the spouse is well supplied in food and drink then put the Do not Entry the Dragons Den sign on my computer room door!
  • Options
    release is just way to far off to even thing of preparing for lol
    but first  get lost in Star Citizen as that game will be in open beta by time this game gets in close beta stage 1.
  • Options
    Just like with other releases. I'll take some days off. 
  • Options
    Not much I can really prepare with. I'm still in college so I just have to make do with what I've got.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    If i am still working with the same company.... I will take release week off for vacation. I will load up on Smartfood white cheddar popcorn, Madjack hard Rootbeer and Ambrosia apples... my blackout curtains will be pulled tight so no daylight will ruin my mancave's ambience, phone off the hook..
    My pc is ready.(i think) i have a 5960x, 1440p gsync monitor, a asus rog 1080Ti gpu... 
    ............and its game on for many days straight :)
  • Options
    If college starts off liked planned hopefully ill be doing my RNA by the time this game officially comes out ill have free time to play this amazing looking game but for now ill be dying trying to wait for this game to drop XD and upgrading my pc.
  • Options
    Might just have to skip some days of school!! :D
  • Options
    Turn my phone and take a week off, buy enough food to don't have to go out of house for that week