DWARF LOVE

Comments

• Babe said:
    Honestly, I can't stand dwarves, I really want these dwarves in Ashes to not be cocky or racist, every game I've played involved egotistical dwarves which are cancerous. 

• Babe said:
    Honestly, I can't stand dwarves, I really want these dwarves in Ashes to not be cocky or racist, every game I've played involved egotistical dwarves which are cancerous. 
    Well, my lady, don't ye go judgin' dwarfkind based on those few from other realms!  Ye judge a dwarf as ye judge any other soul in the world, by his own deeds and actions!

Should we find ourselves in the same adventuring party some day, I hope ye'd see there's more to us than has apparently met 'yer eyes thus far!

;)
  • Babe said:
    Well, my lady, don't ye go judgin' dwarfkind based on those few from other realms!  Ye judge a dwarf as ye judge any other soul in the world, by his own deeds and actions!

Should we find ourselves in the same adventuring party some day, I hope ye'd see there's more to us than has apparently met 'yer eyes thus far!

;)
    Maybe so, I'd look forward to traveling around with you, you watch my back I watch yours right?  ;)
  • So so tempting to suggest that's because they're based on the Scottish....but then I am English so I am pig headed and ignorant....
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Babe said:
    Babe said:

;)
    Maybe so, I'd look forward to traveling around with you, you watch my back I watch yours right?  ;)
    I'd defend 'yer back and the back's 'o all me other fellow adventurers as if I was defending the very halls 'o me ancestors!   To the very end!

:)

• Don't think @Diura will need defendin, ya Big Bulwark!

• Babe said:
    @Babe </3 xD
  • I hope dwarfs get a bonus to making brew!
  • So excited to play a Nikua, it's awesome they did something so incredibly different with them.
  • So excited to play a Nikua, it's awesome they did something so incredibly different with them.
    Well said! I came to say hi @Abrakazaam - I mean you couldn't be a gown wearing fairy with a name like that! ;)

• A interesting video to watch for those of you interested in the theoretical and practical fighting techniques for Dwarves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seih9n2MuYc

edited July 2017
    I wouldn't mind having a big meaty orc boyfriend. They seem really playful and bashful, I just can't tolerate racist dwarves or dwarves that are constantly grumpy for no reason. 
    I really don't want the stereotypical dwarf either, fat and chubby likeImage result for sexy dwarf male art
    this, I want the proportions to be accurate like humans but they're only smaller. 
    Something more like this
     Image result for sexy dwarf male art Image result for sexy dwarf male art
  • Czar said:
    I wouldn't mind having a big meaty orc boyfriend. They seem really playful and bashful, I just can't tolerate racist dwarves or dwarves that are constantly grumpy for no reason. 
    I really don't want the stereotypical dwarf either, fat and chubby likeImage result for sexy dwarf male art
    this, I want the proportions to be accurate like humans but they're only smaller. 
    Something more like this
     Image result for sexy dwarf male art 
    Oh no, 'yer one of "them!"

;)

Dwarves traditionally have a lot of mass, as they've been classified as "medium" instead of "small" in most fantasy games. 
    The proportions you describe, more human like but scaled down, sounds more like Halflings to me - at least in my mind.

But all that being said, I'm hoping character creation is going to be a very robust and detail oriented system... one that can accommodate a great many appearances per race. 
  • I love all the pictures and comments keep it coming !!
  • Maddstone said:
    Hail cousins!

Just wanted to throw my support into this most marvelous thread!

In the past I have mostly played as a hunter in WoW (4 hunter Alts, I know it's crazy) and a couple of warrior alts. I was involved with The Brotherhood of Iron on Wyrmrest Accord but left WoW several years ago and bounced around just about every MMO that came out.

Waiting for more info on classes before I start plotting my first character.

Looking forward to Ashes and this new community and hopefully a new home in a glorious Dwarf only guild and creating a Dwarf influenced Metropolis, based on the responses I have seen I am sure we can put the numbers together!

Maddstone

Welcome aboard, and as you can see, there's quite a bit of love for you shaggy mountain goats ... er, folk!
  • The one thought that always crosses my mind when people talk about stereotyping Dwarves as having large bellies being bad....is how out of touch with brute muscle we've become.
    Dwarves are STRONG.....
    Think worlds strongest man Eddie hall, (or wsm competetor Hathor Bjornson, aka the mountain in got) rather than a six pack physique.

Eating enough protein to support that much muscle each day leads naturally to a huge gut.
    Think I'm joking? 10000-12000 calories a day. *sagenod*

Luckily women just don't put on muscle the same way, you'd actually be hard pressed to pick some of the worlds strongest ladies (naturally/steroid free) out in a crowd. So just shorter than normal. 

• Megs said:
    The one thought that always crosses my mind when people talk about stereotyping Dwarves as having large bellies being bad....is how out of touch with brute muscle we've become.
    Dwarves are STRONG.....
    Think worlds strongest man Eddie hall, (or wsm competetor Hathor Bjornson, aka the mountain in got) rather than a six pack physique.

Eating enough protein to support that much muscle each day leads naturally to a huge gut.
    Think I'm joking? 10000-12000 calories a day. *sagenod*

Luckily women just don't put on muscle the same way, you'd actually be hard pressed to pick some of the worlds strongest ladies (naturally/steroid free) out in a crowd. So just shorter than normal. 

Interesting you should bring that up. There's a very old report about gladiators that stated that most of them were large, almost lumbering men with large bellies. This was seen as good, as the extra padding kept their vitals safer; a sword slash was more likely to open a wound rather than tear viscera.

Now I'm gonna have to go see if I can track down that report, lol!
  • @Czar A smaller proportioned human is a midget, not a dwarf.

Personal note: my very first character I ever created in a MMORPG was a female dwarf.  <3 the dwarves.
  • T-Elf said:
    @Czar A smaller proportioned human is a midget, not a dwarf.

Personal note: my very first character I ever created in a MMORPG was a female dwarf.  <3 the dwarves.
    Not necessarily, i don't believe Midgets are evenly proportioned, take their heads compared to their body sizes, it isn't like dwarves.
  • I hope dwarfs get a bonus to making brew!

I think @Diura will!

• @Czar

midget

[mij-it] 
    Spell Syllables
    noun
    (not in technical use) an extremely small person having normal physical proportions.
    any animal or thing that is very small for its kind.
    adjective
    very small or of a class below the usual size.
    being a miniature replica or model.

•  I Love my Dwarf Paladin , And cant wait to restart my Adventure in AOC. Natashha will be an Island Dwarf seeking Her great Trophy Skull to make as her Freehold Home in the new world.....Hope to see all of my Brothers and Sisters there ;)  I love the theme of trophy hunter in ( Shadows of Mordor Dwarfs story ) and of course Yoda's little home on Degoba.
  • Nikua dwarf summomer sounds like an interesting combo for me. Break away from almost all of the stereotypes.
  • The Nikua definitely caught my interest from the beginning. Cant wait to see how they blend the Dwarven and Polynesian cultures together. Also I really hope they model up some of the Polynesian weapons made of wood and shark's teeth
    Blasphemy... Nikua aren't dwarves, they're Pigmies...
    edited March 2018
    Pub sport #1 = Dwarf tossing! Who's the winner? the one who tosses farthest? The Dwarf who is tossed farthest? Nope, the one who laughs loudest! Dwarf love in some forms is likely a crime in some places. Tossing however is a tradition celebrating our sturdy tossable companions enviable durability.Three gold on the redhead!
  • If the dwarves would be anything like the Witcher series then female dwarves would naturally have beards... ahh how fun that would be :3
  • I'm here to support this Dwarf appreciation thread!
    I'll be rocking a Dwarven Cleric/<undecided> when Beta rolls around.