Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

DWARF LOVE

Need to see some Dwarf love !! anyone seen anything for Ashes on dwarfs? I would love to see some dwarf art or anything.

Comments

• Options
    Apart from the concept arts available we don't have much information but over the next months the team will be giving in depth blog updates on classes and race details I imagine. We know that their histories are very in depth and we will learn about them within the game ^^
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/concept-art/#
    A concept art for Nikua and Dunir are there :D oh yeah 2 races of dwarf exist :3
  • Options
    For some reason the forum won't let me post link to the concept art page :( sorry!
    Anyways - asides for the concept arts available on the Nikua and Dunir we don't know much about the races but we know once we play we'll be learning the in depth history of each culture ^^ 

• Options
    Here's some concept art with the two Dwarf races

• Options
    I am definitely going to have a dwarf something, perhaps a dwarf tank\cleric.  Mountain dwarf for sure. 
    Depending on how the race class thing pans out perhaps a rogue/bard, this one might have to be human but one can always hope. 
  • Options
    I'll be a female dwarf and depending on the character creation designs I'm not sure which race I'll choose. Might go Nikua because the appear to be less popular ^^ If they implement the body tattoos dwarves are gonna loook amaaaaziiiing.
  • Options
    Aye a good old dwarven tank, thats something you know what is! I'm really looking forward to seeing what racial traits they will get :) + Ofc. more lore, more of everything.
  • Options

Haven't played a good Dwarf character since LOTRO in 2007. I hope my first character will be a Dwarf Bard. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Options
    Will ply you with Ale Kratz if you can boost me with lyrics. 
  • Options
    oh no problem at all, they'll even rhyme! ;)
  • Options
    I typically play a Dwarven Paladin, but I want to play something more akin to the "Dwarven Defender" archtype this time around....  might take some experimenting in the game professions to figure out what the closest combo would be for that.  (Tank/Tank maybe?) 
    But as long as I can play a dwarf that can wield a battle hammer and shield, I'll be as happy as can be!
  • Options
    Oh I certainly believe you'll be able to do that @Rumbleforge and I saw some artwork yesterday regarding all the crumb catchers that'll potentially be available to us. They'll go gloriously with your hammer and shield!  
  • Options
    Dwarf 4 life. I have always loved playing a mountain dwarf who has seen many a battle but still enjoys a good laugh. May the Gods guide my axe true.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    My friend David, whose a little person, yells "Dwarf Love" when ever he's drunk and is going to get naked...

So thanks for making me choke on my coffee reading this post.
  • Options
    lol NP bro @Karthos and TY @Neviathan for the pictures I hadn't seen the one of the dwarf in the cave
  • Options
    Apart from the concept arts available we don't have much information but over the next months the team will be giving in depth blog updates on classes and race details I imagine. We know that their histories are very in depth and we will learn about them within the game ^^
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/concept-art/#
    Nikua and Dunir concepts are there :3 oh yeah two races of dwarf xD
  • Options

I wonder how the racials are going to impact class choice. I want to be Bard and a Dunir but the Nikua seem the more likely of the Dwarves to be this way inclined. Decisions, Decisions.....like you say @Diura. We're going to have to wait.

*starts fidgeting*

• Options
    @Kratz I've been looking into Dwarf - Tank/Bard but as we get closer and racials are released I might go Tank/Tank who knows. I have been into the DÜNIR from their brief description but this might change as things are released also. so much HYPE and anticipation.  
  • Options
    Yep. Lets hope they release class information in alphabetical order.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Lmao xD love it ^^ I sure hope so too :P
  • Options
    Big Dwarf lover here.
    No Dwarf = No Game
    So far love both dwarf races, especially the Nikua, since its so out of the box.
    Hoping for great racials, for both.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Kratz said:

I second that!

Although pondered on a LOT of threads.. Dwarven Mountain Nodes needs to be a thing!  A reply to the idea of Dwarf Mountains are that it would be OP.  I believe the people that are against Dwarf Mountains are 1) not attacking the problem it 'could' raise 2) jealous because they are some sort of stink, like Elves!
  • Options

Dwarfs for life :D Cant wait to roll a mountain dwarf tank/tank-bard-cleric-fighter (not sure about seconds spec yet)

One thing is for sure, I hope they get massive armor and ofc have nice combat animation/shieldslams etc.

Go go beta!

• Options
    Dude yes! @Valheru Huge shoulders and huge shields so big you can't even see my character and a huge one handed mace or FLAIL! OMG I'm so excited. the more I think about it the more my hype level sores.
  • Options
    Hail cousins!

Just wanted to throw my support into this most marvelous thread!

In the past I have mostly played as a hunter in WoW (4 hunter Alts, I know it's crazy) and a couple of warrior alts. I was involved with The Brotherhood of Iron on Wyrmrest Accord but left WoW several years ago and bounced around just about every MMO that came out.

Waiting for more info on classes before I start plotting my first character.

Looking forward to Ashes and this new community and hopefully a new home in a glorious Dwarf only guild and creating a Dwarf influenced Metropolis, based on the responses I have seen I am sure we can put the numbers together!

Maddstone

• Options
    I'm a massive dwarf fanboy too, played WoW in a dwarf only guild for the longest time and I hope to make something similar in Ashes of Creation.

Currently leaning towards either a Tank or a Cleric, most likely it's going to be a tank but it's all going to depend on how useful tanks are in PvP scenarios.

I hope to see some interesting underrealm and mountainous nodes to inhabit and reclaim our ancestral homeland one bit at a time!
  • Options
    Welcome Maddstone! :) A few others have expressed an interest in a Dwarf only clan/guild. I'm sure you'll find yourself in good company in this community and there seems to be a large number of Dwarves around which is only going to ensure a glorious beginning to Ashes.
  • Options
    All you manly men dwarf will be fighting over my lady bearded dwarf xD
  • Options
    Bearded Dwarven ladies with Scottish accents. hmmmmm :D
  • Options
    @Maddstone Welcome! I'm going to be coming from WoW also and I have played a Dwarf Warrior the entire duration of my WoW playtime ! I can wait to see what Ashes has in store for us I'm sure it will be EPIC and probably make my head explode when they release something....

anyways welcome to the forums and I hope to see you trolling around !

Everyone calls me Fatarms
  • Options
    Honestly, I can't stand dwarves, I really want these dwarves in Ashes to not be cocky or racist, every game I've played involved egotistical dwarves which are cancerous.