DWARF LOVE

13»

Comments

• Well I can't imagine dwarf women without beard.
    Its just part of this race. 

• love love love 
  • Looks more like halfling women for me 
  • Nope, Dwarves.
  • INT increase while consuming alcohol, that's what dwarf bonus really is.

• Rift gave dwarves bone density when it launched, reducing fall damage lol.
  • We need to see some Alpha play time with Dwarfs in there.....
  • makinoji said:
    This is excellent, is there a larger version of this artwork posted anywhere?
    (Aside from the two characters who have been colorized for this month's store sales outfit.)
  • I hope they include Dwarven mini games in AoC!

You're gonna burn too for laughing....
  • makinoji said:
    (Aside from the two characters who have been colorized for this month's store sales outfit.)
    @Rumbleforge as much as it pains me to link dwarven art... ;)

• lexmax said:
    makinoji said:
    @Rumbleforge as much as it pains me to link dwarven art... ;)

You're my hero, Lexy.

• I missed you my short friend ^^
  • Any updates floating around of Dwarfs in game?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    Have you seen this month's cash shop?
  • nope .. what it is? I'm at work in Africa. 
  • As a former member in the Brotherhood of Iron (as well, I see) we found a way to RP many different styles that one hopes to see flourish here;
    • Those that feel a strong attachment to their own kin (for various reasons) and wish to see them grow stronger.
    • Those that see a strong alliance with like-minded individuals of other races as the best for survival, a strong economy, etc.
    • Those that felt a dwarf-centric guild made for cohesive RP as well as helped theior understanding of dwarven lore.
    • Those that RP'd their alts of other races as much, if not more, than their dwarf alts.
    • As well as many other, varied reasons.
    There were downsides to being so  dwarf-centric such as giving an appearance of xenophobia (which we weren't but could give off that vibe during guild meetings). Also, the guild was very small during the first few months of its existence and only by shear stubbornness and persistence did it finally start to grow.

Make it clear to prospective members what your core principals are and why they would feel welcome.

I write all this to both encourage as well as point out difficulties that any race specific guild might find themselves dealing with.

• @McStackerson

OH boy here comes the flatbook... I just went and had a look hey... So good, I'm going to have to get he lot! Its a dwarf month! Already got the leader of men. Should just need the caravan, outfits, mount and the housing appearance. Thanks Stackerson! 

• @SaintJoanna or breast beards !
  • @SaintJoanna or breast beards !
    how impious
    edited July 2018
    DWARF LOVE! I am loving the stuff they have in the shop right now... just really wish instead of bears we had Badger mounts. More of an underground vibe to them as opposed to bears. I love bears, don't get me wrong, but it just feels stale a bit.
  • @-Sev- and Honey Badger has no F***'s given!
  • Yeah, my love of all things dwarven compelled me to drop $100 in the cash shop.  

The bear mount purchase was on the fence for me a bit too... I don't really associate bears with dwarves, and I might prefer something like a boar or ram.... but you know, there is something compelling about the idea of sitting high up on the bear that I like.  Also, the dwarven gear on the bear looks great.  So I got that mount in the end. 

Traditionally, the size of the mount scales to the size of the character in these games.  But I very much hope that isn't the case in Ashes. As a dwarf, if Im going to galavant about on a bear - I want it to be the same sized bear as the next person.  
  • @Rumbleforge
    This is a very good point! It would be beast to be on top of a massive bear with our little arms and legs flopping around.
  • nagash said:
    @SaintJoanna or breast beards !
    how impious

That's how I roll son!
  • At least I'm not the only one that had to buy the cosmetics this month!
    edited August 2018
    If anything is worth corruption it's killing dwarves. My guy will be Uber religious about it those so it's ok
  • i love dwarves too!, if yall are looking for a all dwarf guild for AOC consider joining Kazak Dar! https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/40410/kazak-dar-dwarf-only-pvp-rp-unique-mechanics-warhammer-influenced#latest

Lookin to show yer mettle in battle, kick some arse, sen' hateful looks t' those smooth faced elves and get back t' the hall for Bugman's Finest Ale before sunset? Look n' further than Kazak-Dar wee beardling, fer ya found the right place. Settle grudges, tell tales, push an elf, and cleave orcs with the best ('nd worst) of yer fellow dwarfs. If ye were sober enough to read this, join the ranks, 'nd taste vengeance!
  • Dwarves are my favorite to fight alongside, it's easier to shoot over their heads than the humans. =p
  • Dwarves are my favorite to fight alongside, it's easier to shoot over their heads than the humans. =p
    Don't be so sure lassie, some Dwarves are longer than others ;)