Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

All Kickstarter rewards to be offered on website now! (I am not amused)

Comments

• Options
    * waits for KS backers to realize they'll have to fork out more money to get these "non-KS" rewards *

@Steven, your ability to milk people of money is uncanny. You should get into MLM. Oh wait...
    i Kinda agree with slagathore a bit cause if the rewards are better why have the kickstarter , it will show how true the studio is as many other companies have done this to players i want to believe is not like the others but i been let down so many times that now the treading dangerous waters 
  • Options
    So many people don't have credit cards and could only pay with PayPal. Just last night a user by the name of Bunny came online and said exactly that. He wished he could at the very least get the Pioneer to be able to pick his name before the game comes out. He was desperate, and I created a new email/Kickstarter account and bought a Pioneer for him with my card. He will send me the money via Paypal. 

I was okay with doing that so he could ensure that he had the backer rewards and the early name picking. It sucks missing out on something like that. Let's not forget the fact that the game got massive reception/exposure pretty much during the Kickstarter. That means that some people only found out about the game and Kickstarter in the dying days. What happens if their finances didn't allow for them to purchase a backer pack, or if they needed time to get themselves a credit card. 

Whoever is against Steven's new plan, you have your reasons, however, it just seems really petty and selfish from my standpoint. It hurts no one, and it gives other players a chance to grab some cool things. It is INCLUSIVE to the community, which IMO is the whole point of the game, to be inclusive to MMO players that felt other games either let them down or ostracized them. This suggestion should be embraced. I don't see it as a further cash grab, but rather as the devs throwing a bone to players who due to no fault of their own, couldn't purchase through the very strict Kickstarter platform.
  • Options
    tinukeda said:
    <incorrect things> 
    FFS, read the dang update.  KS backers will get all the website backer perks too.  No cost.
    It's easier for some to make posts and jumping to conclusions without actually reading. Reading must be becoming more difficult lately as i see this kind of behaviour more and more often.

• Options
    * waits for KS backers to realize they'll have to fork out more money to get these "non-KS" rewards *

@Steven, your ability to milk people of money is uncanny. You should get into MLM. Oh wait...

Seems you are mistaken sir, about a great many things.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Did Steven not say they will be offering new ITEMS for June backers?

I see he says KS backers will get all rewards based on BACKER COUNT milestones, but what about the new items he is promising? If he offers a goblin's head trophy to June Backers, I see nowhere where he says KS backers will get that item, just the rewards based on the June Backer Count.

Oh, and they should stick to their word about KS exclusive rewards being exclusive to KS. Inclusiveness and for the better good be damned, they gave their word, and now here they are asking everyone to take them at it but they back-peddled before the KS is even cold.

• Options

It's in the 4th and 5th paragraph of the confirmation email sent out today entitled, The Journey Ahead.

• Options
    I think it's only fair to those who can't use Kickstarter (and there are ALOT!)

They are only keeping up through June as well, not a perpetual offering like some other games.

This is the right thing to do.
  • Options
    I get paid once a month and did not get paid until after kickstarter ended. But now I'll be able to as soon as I can fiqure out where on the site to do it, as I went to the forums before finding out about it
  • Options
    Jesus people. What's wrong with more players? What's wrong with more development? It's like some of you want the game to be lesser because you want to be part of this super exclusive Kickstarter club.
  • Options
    To be fair, I don't think Jesus people have got anything to do with it. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    KS exclusives should stay KS only exclusives !!! That's all I'm gonna say about this fiasco !

EDIT: Was worried about nothing.

A few important notes;

-Backer Goal Rewards achieved in Kickstarter, will only be given to Kickstarter specific backers.

-Backer Goal Rewards achieved on our website during June will be given to both Kickstarter backers as well as June website backers.

-No Early bird pricing will be available on the website during June.

-There are no stretch goals (avoiding scope creep)

• Options
    Selfish af OP.

I pledged 2.5k and I am actually happy they extended this out for people who can only pay using paypal or other means. Now if they did this MONTHS down the road that would be different however they are doing it for 1 month EXACTLY after the original kickstarter ended so they could reach out to all their fans not just those with Debit and Credit cards. 

Good job Intrepid. 

Do this in a few months with the same kick starter rewards and I will hunt you down tho. :joy:
  • Options
    Did Steven not say they will be offering new ITEMS for June backers?

I see he says KS backers will get all rewards based on BACKER COUNT milestones, but what about the new items he is promising? If he offers a goblin's head trophy to June Backers, I see nowhere where he says KS backers will get that item, just the rewards based on the June Backer Count.

Oh, and they should stick to their word about KS exclusive rewards being exclusive to KS. Inclusiveness and for the better good be damned, they gave their word, and now here they are asking everyone to take them at it but they back-peddled before the KS is even cold.

My God, man! Read the statement! Has anyone offered rewards other than the milestone rewards? It's made clear that May KS pledgers will be getting ALL of the milestones that June Backers get.

None of the June Backers will get anything "exclusive" that the May KS pledgers got.

They never said that they would not continue some type of crowdfunding AFTER the KS expired. In fact they announced BEFORE, on yesterday's twitch that  they would be having a crowdfunding thingy through the website AFTER the KS....

sigh...

• Options
    Fer the sake of SANITY! Please read the real, true info.... It's in your damn mail box...
  • Options
    What some folk seem insistent on overlooking is the IS goal of building a large community. In order to build that, it's important to be as inclusive as possible; exclusive is good for epeen and all, but it's not so good for building a community. This way, we original KS backers keep all our shinies, and have the option to upgrade, and get new shiny stuff, and potentially interact with even more folk. From my perspective as a recruiter for a guild, this is all to the good.

More people means more potential guildies. Just that simple. And potentially some kickin' alliances.
  • Options
    Being angry will give you wrinkles.
  • Options
    Many successful kickstarting enterprises that foresee continued benefit from crowd funding continue to provide avenues to advance their resource funding after the promotion ends.

This is no different and can only be positive to developing a more sophisticated and stronger game.

All for it here! 

For myself that has backed already, I would be prepared to back more if something worthwhile were offered after I have seen some more design development down the track! 
  • Options
    If everyone had an equal opportunity I may agree with you. Seeing as some people had no opportunity to be involved, and (if it stays true to the statement) the time period is not grossly extended you should be happy for your fellow supporters who can join the party officially.  

ie. dont be a dick
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    As a Braver of Worlds, I'm kind of, "meh" about this. But had I sprung for Royal, as I was considering, I would be not cool with this. If I was someone who pledged below Braver of Worlds, this would make me super happy.
  • Options
    Why is everyone still fighting over this when we multiple responses from Steven saying this isn't the case.
  • Options
    I think feature creep would be bad. If the new rewards are easy skins or things, then that's not a problem.
  • Options
    With the "June Backer" rewards spelled out (No KS Exclusives) and any mention of stretch goals removed my concern has lessened.  While I still wish that an announcement of "slacker backer" style options would be available after the KS, these are the kind of website backer options/rewards should be given.

This could have all been solved much earlier with out any misspoken wordings had the initiative just been taken earlier.
  • Options
    As long as you get what was agreed upon, no wrong has been done in my eyes.

It's entirely possible that they had no idea how successful this would be. This is evidenced by the fact the initial goal of 750k was met many times over.

Some have suggested here that intrepid could have said something earlier. Sure. But I still don't think they've done you any wrong.
  • Options
    Good problem solved, ill make sure to buy a small June pack and people who feel cheated now look me up in game im sure we can have a good War over it.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I really don't see the problem here.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It is just people crying to cry honestly.

But what is the point in offering another "kickstarter" for the people who did not get a chance to pledge because they lacked a credit card if the rewards are lesser than that of the initial kickstarter that ended not even 17 hours ago. 

Please do not insult your "june" supporters with crap rewards.
    I see no issue in giving them the same thing the kick starter got after all this should still be considered the kickstarter as you are just having this to allow people with other payment methods to pledge. 

anything after this however should not be considered as part of the kickstarter. just my opinion though to each their own.
  • Options
    Kickstarter is an exclusive deal between the one seeking funds and the one backing it. Nothing prevents the company running privately another campaign with exactly same rewards but it really sets bad premises for trust into the company. Especially since it gives impression of a cash grab which is exactly the opposite of their agenda.

I'm not surprised that they decided to run another monetization campaign on their website because that's pretty much what all KS run games have done lately. The simple fact that the game needs $20-30 million to become reality means this was likely. Steven himself has pushed "only" about 2 millions into the game so far. The rest has to come somewhere and I'm not sure if he can fund the game fully out of his own pocket to be honest.

The need for extra money kind of hints the opposite but maybe this was a Xanatos Gambit for the company.

It doesn't sway my backing one way or another - especially since you can't withdraw KS backing so it was pretty safe to the company to wait for this "surprise announcement" until KS was over. I went into the KS knowing that the game might never come out and paid what I was comfortable to lose. Still I find myself slightly annoyed they went the standard "withold information until it's too late to act on it" route. This seems to have been planned far beforehand and should have been stated openly as part of the KS campaign. Not hidden in depths of some random discord channel only to be plugged out with "See! I told you this would happen! I'm not lying!" attitude.

That's exactly the type of behavior that erodes my trust into the companies and the faith in "open communication". Not the fact that there's after campaign but the fact that it was not openly communicated.

This is a negative mark on integrity of Intreprid in my books. Luckily not a huge one and the fact that the rewards are different is a mitigating factor. If they want to remedy the situation they could offer refunds within this extra month for those who feel cheated as a sign of good faith.
  • Options
    A project on Kickstarter can last from 1 - 60 days. This is a sort of an extended campaign within that timespan (possible with lesser rewards).
    I see nothing wrong in Intrepid Studios listening to Europeans w/o CC. I guess their money counts too. After all they want a big community for their game.

Meanwhile KS veterans can up their pledges.
  • Options
    You are entitled to your opinion of course, however I personally feel that this is a rather selfish attitude.

Not all were able to pledge, especially in other countries, because their main payment option (PayPal) wasn't available on KickStarter. Giving them a month to pledge and have access the rewards seems not only reasonable, but essential to the integrity of the "no P2W" ethos of the game. 

Imagine telling a community only those in developed western countries with certain cards are allowed access to these rewards. This attitude exactly the opposite to what the game strives to be. 

I personally have no idea why you would be upset by allowing the entire community the opportunity to not only support the game the same way you did, but have access to the same rewards for a limited time. In fact I find it disheartening that people within the community would have this attitude. 
  • Options
    Foldon said:
    A project on Kickstarter can last from 1 - 60 days. This is a sort of an extended campaign within that timespan (possible with lesser rewards).
    I see nothing wrong in Intrepid Studios listening to Europeans w/o CC. I guess their money counts too. After all they want a big community for their game.

Meanwhile KS veterans can up their pledges.
    I'm a bit surprised about the "I'm European. I have no credit card!!!" angle because I've yet to be in any European country where you couldn't get a Visa or Mastercard debit cards which are enough to participate.

Hell, I should know because I have a debit Mastercard which I used for the Kickstarter. You don't need actual credit card (that is a card which allows you to overcharge past the limit of your bank account).

I haven't paid in cash for years. I mean it's not like Europe is some land of luddites from the 1800s...
This discussion has been closed.