Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Marriage?

Would you potentially like a marriage type system? To marry and become a husband/wife ingame? Why or why not? Possible perks? Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    I would like it to be and option, even if it's only for social porpouses or for RP. 

Also, about perks... Maybe shared storage or ownership of freeholds, although I seem to recall this being mentioned as "not likely" on Q&A.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Timmy said:
    Would you potentially like a marriage type system? To marry and become a husband/wife ingame? Why or why not? Possible perks? Discuss.
    As I understand it, they've already confirmed this is a go. Hmm *wanders off to research*
  • Options
    I am big in to RP, and would love to see this in the game. 
  • Options
    I think its a great idea. That and my wife also loves theses type of games so there is always that aswell
  • Options
    The devs have confirmed marriage to be a thing in ashes. They haven't gone much into detail on what it offers other than giving an example on shared freehold storage.
  • Options
    I just hope its not limited to husband/wife only
  • Options
    Valkeries said:
    I just hope its not limited to husband/wife only
    You will be able to marry those you want. It's not restricted by gender or race
  • Options
    Closest I'll get to marriage in this game will be renting myself out as a Bard for the wedding.
  • Options
    @Kratz I may have need for your services then  ;) 
  • Options
    nagash said:
      If you need a wedding planner im your man i plan exellent redweddings >:)
  • Options
    nagash said:

I shall work on my repertoire in the months to come my friend. I also know a reputable provider of ale which should make your big day run more smoothly. *points @Megs* ;) 
  • Options
    "Looks at rib cage" I will have to pass on that my self but sure I look forward to seeing your work  :)
  • Options
    Well I think that I might be the only one with this wish but I would love to see a same gender wedding. It's just a personal preference. 
  • Options
    @Schattenbestie In this day and age I dont see why that would be a problem 
  • Options
    It shouldn't be a problem, sure. But I learned that not everybody is ready for this "step". 
  • Options
    we are all the same ^^

• Options
    It shouldn't be a problem, sure. But I learned that not everybody is ready for this "step". 

Not everybody will want a marriage in a game but since It's coming anyway why not take the "step".
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Oh you're really cute, thank you :) 
  • Options
    Sorry but the dwarf drank all the beer :) 
    Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials though.
  • Options
    Yes u can
  • Options
    Yea and nagging will be a skill that can be leveled up as well.  Look out for that.
  • Options
    I played a game (an old game, probably close to 20years old at this point) where you could marry or become a blood brother with another person. That gave you the ability to teleport to one another. That would be pretty cool actually, just have one person you could always teleport to, but just one person. 
  • Options
    Thank the heavens that isn't possible irl @Karthos!
  • Options
    Why would they build a system for one of the cringiest aspects of role play possible?
  • Options
    I suspect it's to do with the fact that there's enough support for such a feature as this thread shows.
  • Options
    Definitely want something like this!
  • Options
    Zomnivore said:
    Why would they build a system for one of the cringiest aspects of role play possible?
    Because its cute and not everyone finds it cringy ^^
  • Options
    @Timmy I have never married in a game before, but I think I may let myself get lost in the RPG element of this game. If I find someone who takes my breath away as that character, feels the same, then proposes... I may do it. lol
  • Options
    I could get on with a small stat boost when within a small distance of each other(say 5-10m) or a teleport feature so long as its with only one other person and there would have to be either no way to undo the marrage/bonding or make it so there is like a 3-6 month real world cool down before you can enter into another marrage/bond if you back out of the one you are in
  • Options
    I don't really see the appeal of it, but I'm not in to RP. People like it so don't see why it shouldn't be an option. Don't think you should gain any extra benefit from it thou.