Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bard job!

Hey, any fellow bards out there :), looking to see what other people think about the bard class i have not heard much about it!, but things i would really like to see is lots of different variety of instruments, would also be cool if different instruments could cause different effects IO making you switch your instrument to cast different ability's and buffs, sure its cool using the same instrument to cast all your abilities but its nice to have different music notes played on the battlefield and keeps us bard on our toes!, also interested to see all the different bard/sub jobs there will be! :)

Comments

• Options

Hello \0

I'm going to be a Dwarf-Bard-Cleric, I think? I'm a lute lover personally but I agree that there needs to be a whole repertoire of instruments available as I've already promised to contribute to a wedding and an ale festival of sorts so hopefully there'll be time for us Bards to put on collective entertainment at Freeholdings across the land.

I'm a little light on real facts about the Bard but I know that Intrepid plan on releasing progression vids in the near future so hopefully we'll have more info then to help pass the time. :) 

• Options
    I plan to go Tank/Bard, does that count.

I want to scream at my enemy showing off my tone deaf ability and banging my drum shield
  • Options
    Haha yes that would be glorious! Solemnface!
    Kratz that is great!!! I would love to see an entertainment system where we can set up and play, possibly write our own music! I'm super excited to see what they have in store for bard! I think every group needs a bard ????! As for me dwarf  or an elven not sure if I will be (pure buff healer) or (buff DD) so many choices! :)
  • Options

Yep choices is good!

Not sure if you ever played LOTRO but I'd love it if Intrepid implemented what was called an ABC system which would allow characters to play famous songs with their instruments in sync. Had some great fun doing that after too much alcohol had been consumed, but we also annoyed a few people along the way. Dwarves care not about annoying folks.

• Options
    I'll be dwarf bard/something xD
    im hyped to see how they design bard as a class since they said they are not a fan of how bards are usually passive players. I'm curious but I love bards so much xD I hope I can wield a warhorn as a weapon xD warcries from my warhorn will buff my allies and strike fear in the hearts of my enemies!
  • Options
    Alongside healer bard is my most favorite class to play in mmos. Can't way to see their design choices in AoC
  • Options
    Windwaker said:
    Alongside healer bard is my most favorite class to play in mmos. Can't way to see their design choices in AoC

Yep, cleric/bard will be right up your alley I suspect :)
  • Options
    I wanna try bard if he/she has some animal taming/provoking abilities. It was really fun to play in UO!
  • Options
    Law, that would be freakin awesome! And a good feature, I would love to tame beasts with my music!
  • Options
    Bards will make a load of money from everyone who wants them to tame the coolest mounts in the world.
  • Options
    Kratz said:

Yep choices is good!

Not sure if you ever played LOTRO but I'd love it if Intrepid implemented what was called an ABC system which would allow characters to play famous songs with their instruments in sync. Had some great fun doing that after too much alcohol had been consumed, but we also annoyed a few people along the way. Dwarves care not about annoying folks.

Wow we sure did! That  was great fun  Minus the alcohol for some of us. o:)

• Options
    I would like it to be as in Ultima Online. Where you could lure monsters with your music to tame them afterwards.

Or a system where you need to use instrument X for attack spells, instrument Y for healing, and Z for buffing. Next to that with a choice as Bard which "tree" you would like to be best in to avoid being good in everything. Needless to say there has to be a cooldown after changing instruments for a few seconds as it would be to OP if you could do it all.

Also, making your own instruments on a certain high level should give you a slight advancement, perhaps not in more damage/healing/buffing output but perhaps in durability etc.
  • Options
    Is anybody else a little scared after having read the Bard Class description that says: "Bard knows secret and powerful words, able to speak into being terrible nightmares, or to convince foes to become friends"?

Is it just me or does that actually sound like a fear skill and a skill to convert enemies #wololo

Sounds like you better don't mess with bards xD
  • Options
    Kratz said:

Not sure if you ever played LOTRO but I'd love it if Intrepid implemented what was called an ABC system which would allow characters to play famous songs with their instruments in sync.

That would be amazing if they did! :smile:
  • Options
    Sateda said:
    Is anybody else a little scared after having read the Bard Class description that says: "Bard knows secret and powerful words, able to speak into being terrible nightmares, or to convince foes to become friends"?

Is it just me or does that actually sound like a fear skill and a skill to convert enemies #wololo

That's one of the reasons that I'm tempted to try Bard/Sumoner...or Summoner/Bard. 
  • Options
    Diura said:
    I'll be dwarf bard/something xD
    im hyped to see how they design bard as a class since they said they are not a fan of how bards are usually passive players. I'm curious but I love bards so much xD I hope I can wield a warhorn as a weapon xD warcries from my warhorn will buff my allies and strike fear in the hearts of my enemies!
    And you can drink mead from it too!

Sateda said:

I cast charm person, roll save on will
    ----------

After all, I think I managed to get my hands a very rare screenshot of a bard/bard

• Options
    Im going to be Elve-Bard. I will leave the second class until I see a detailed description of every class habilities. 
  • Options
    I like music systems that are inclusive, like Asheron's Call, where players would select an instrument then a playstyle and they would begin playing a tune.  All instruments would be in sync, so if a bunch of people sat around a fire playing instruments, they would make a decent sound, and the group would grow, parties would form and when they got back from adventuring there would still be a music circle to join.   The system in Lord of the Rings Online was certainly flexible, but it also created a more exclusive system where the technically inclined had an advantage over people who did not have those skills and could not compose music.  

• Options
    Lead game designer is a bard, fear not, we will have all kinds of music, hopefully some metal as well :)
  • Options
    question, what weapon shal the bard have? a whip? a letter opener? a bow? the power of rock?
  • Options
    question, what weapon shal the bard have? a whip? a letter opener? a bow? the power of rock?
    We don't know yet but weapons are not class locked sooooo you could have pretty much use anything ^^
  • Options
    I'm choosing between a bard/cleric, or a bard/summoner/caster. I'll make my decision when I get into the game, the one thing I'm not certain about is what race I'll be. I'll make that choice when they release all the artwork, and player models for them!
  • Options
    I was thinking maybe Bard/Summoner? what could we see out of that! xD
  • Options
    I'm hoping bard gets a range of instruments with different persistent buffs. 1 handed sword could be an option, but unfortunately we just don't know. All the more to look forward too. :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I'm picturing a southern bard playing a washboard, and a mongolian one, throat singing.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Do we have ANY info at all about the bard ?

i Think i have seen every video on Youtube, and never heard Them say anything about bard (except that they want to make it feel engaging)
  • Options
    Last time they discussed Mage, Archer, Cleric an tank. Hopefully we will get info about Bards soon. All they told afaik is that it won't be a passive char during PvX fights and that Bards will be able to solo content. 
  • Options
    No bard class at PAX... :( It's reasonable that they design the standard classes first though. I played a bard in Rift when it came out and I really hope bard is going to be awesome here!
  • Options
    The classes on PAX are limited in their skills, just 4 or 5,not the complete arsenal. 
  • Options
    I imagine Bard/Summoner being supercool in the future. I am really interested how these different combinations will play out.