Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So you think you can Bard? (Bard discussion)

13»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Diura said:
    Diura said:
    Diura said:
    would like some good unique skills so its not a dead class not just buff and debuff support 
    The intrepid team confirmed that the bard will have a more active playstyle than your usual passive bard ^^
    Yeah, that'll be nice. I thought the bard in eq2 wasn't particularly passive, it belonged to the rogue archetype so positioning, interrupting, mezzing was everything I was doing. I'm looking forward to seeing how much more active they can make it.
    I know I've said this a bajillion time but I reckon it will be similar to the bard class in ffxiv ^^
    I should check it out. I only played a little of FFXIV when it was launched... and I played a lancer. Man that game was unplayable during launch. lol
    Stormblood is coming out on the 20th and it's revamping the classes :)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRzCnCF2lo
    I will be playing it to get used to an active bard playstyle anyway - even If it's not similar it so nice to practice non passive play xD
    I'm installing it now actually. I don't have any of the expansions... yet. 

Edit: Bah, I'll actually have to reactivate my subscription. Will read more about FFXIV before I decide to give it another go tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Diura said:
    Diura said:
    would like some good unique skills so its not a dead class not just buff and debuff support 
    The intrepid team confirmed that the bard will have a more active playstyle than your usual passive bard ^^
    Yeah, that'll be nice. I thought the bard in eq2 wasn't particularly passive, it belonged to the rogue archetype so positioning, interrupting, mezzing was everything I was doing. I'm looking forward to seeing how much more active they can make it.
    I know I've said this a bajillion time but I reckon it will be similar to the bard class in ffxiv ^^
    I should check it out. I only played a little of FFXIV when it was launched... and I played a lancer. Man that game was unplayable during launch. lol
    Stormblood is coming out on the 20th and it's revamping the classes :)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRzCnCF2lo
    I will be playing it to get used to an active bard playstyle anyway - even If it's not similar it so nice to practice non passive play xD
    I'm installing it now actually. I don't have any of the expansions... yet.
    I'll be on Zodiark server if you're in EU ^^ Check the video see what you think of the bard ^^ I have old expansions but not the latest for PC but I'll be getting stormblood ^^
  • Options
    Is FFXIV a sub MMO?
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Is FFXIV a sub MMO?
    Yeah it is ^^ it's pretty good - heavily pve focus though 
  • Options
    hmm I'm a little busy at mo but I may do some research on it and pick it up for the summer if it's as good as you guys say.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    hmm I'm a little busy at mo but I may do some research on it and pick it up for the summer if it's as good as you guys say.
    Sorry this thread has gone way off topic xD I'll keep you updated and if I reckon it's worth you giving it a shot I'll let you know ❤️
  • Options

Sounds good my friend :)

• Options
    Umji said:
    nagash said:
    Umji said:
    SUMMONER, BARD SMALL PART MAYBE YES!
    You would tarnish the good name of a summoner with another subclass?
    BARD KNOW MORE PEOPLE. GOOD CHANCE OF FOOD FOR UMJI.
    *psst @Umji, you've got someone stuck in your teeth. 
    GOTTA HARVEST A BRANCH TO TOOTHPICK IT OUT~ 
  • Options
    I just saw a recent discussion about bards and concerns about their ability to solo due to their role in groups.

What do you guys think about this? Is this a concern? 
  • Options
    I'd love to see a Bard/Healer combo. The Bard in Aion is one of my favorite classes in an MMO, something like that would be really cool.
  • Options
    Yuukie said:
    I'd love to see a Bard/Healer combo. The Bard in Aion is one of my favorite classes in an MMO, something like that would be really cool.

Yeah. I think the combinations of those 2 classes will be very popular. Those who want to focus on healing will choose the Cleric primary with the bard augments obviously. 

How did the bard in Aion play? I've never played that game.