Easy solution for the June backer reward problem.

2»

Comments

• Megs said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. It would cheapen every single pledge made on KS and put IS into a dubious situation, legally speaking. It is pretty much the same as selling a Adidos shirt, it is pretty much the same with a slight change, mocking the original. This "solution" ridicules backers and gives no reason to properly back this during June. The idea is simply bad.
    Yup, as I said I got that wrong and misunderstood what ace was asking for, sorry for any misunderstanding
    No need to apologize @Megs lol. You were trying to stick up for him/her, and that's nothing to apologize for. And my fat fingers pressed *agreed* for your apology damn it. Sorry :3 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Now I know how you really feel :) you know, agreeing with my apology and all
  • Kratz said:
    Megs said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. It would cheapen every single pledge made on KS and put IS into a dubious situation, legally speaking. It is pretty much the same as selling a Adidos shirt, it is pretty much the same with a slight change, mocking the original. This "solution" ridicules backers and gives no reason to properly back this during June. The idea is simply bad.
    Yup, as I said I got that wrong and misunderstood what ace was asking for, sorry for any misunderstanding
    No need to apologize @Megs lol. You were trying to stick up for him/her, and that's nothing to apologize for. And my fat fingers pressed *agreed* for your apology damn it. Sorry :3 
    You two are adorable.

I mean it. I went "aww" in a really girly way reading this exchange.
  • I understand it upsets you that you are unable to get the "cosmetics" you so desired by not being able to meet the dead line.  That's unfortunate and I'm sorry.
    What I don't understand is, why would you even want to back a game if it is only the cosmetics that make or break it for you?  Cosmetics do not make the game.

Most people are backing this game because we believe in the what it hopes to offer us in play.  The cosmetics are only an added perk.  Cosmetics are easily covered and changed where as a really good game is near impossible to find.

I really hope you have a change of heart.  If not am sorry for what you may ultimately lose out on.
    1. Well, for me it's not about dead line. I was following this project since day 1 and was absolutely excited about it and really waited for the paypal option, but it never happened.

2. It's not just the cosmetics. I have pledged like 15 different games on KS. Some games never made it and got canceled, some became utter crap and a few ones really held up to their promises. But I can say one thing for sure: if a game really gets developed until v1.0 greatly depends on the communication with the community, or at least it is a good indicator on how likely it is that the game will happen to be developed until the end, because it shows how good the developer is organized and if he can handle the whole project (which includes communication). This is especially the case when we talk about an MMORPG, because communication with the community is a key factor for success. I think Intrepid did a mistake already, because they didn't do their homework. They should've learned from past projects, who KNEW that some people dont have debit/credit cards that are accepted by KS and therefore made an alternative paypal account to give everyone the chance to back. And on top of that, they didn't answer any messages at all. I messaged 5 projects about creating a paypal account and ALWAYS got a response from the devs, telling me the paypal option will come later during the campaign. Intrepid is the first developer who didnt answer my message. And it's no excuse that there probably were many thousands messages. I backed other projects like Star Citizen and Pillars of Eternity, who were similiar successful and probably got also thousands of messages.

If Intrepid finds a good solution, it would show me that they understand how to handle problems they created themselves (which happen alot in MMORPGs). I think the current solution is not the best choice though and that's why I suggested a different solution. Right now june backers finance additional items for KS backers who dont have to do anything to also get them, while not offering a solution to get KS items at all during June and that's just not a good solution. 
  • Welphgryn said:
     I really hope you are able to make peace with the outcome, and more importantly, with yourself.
    Well, in the end it would mean I will probably not back the project and as a result not play the game at all in the end. First of all I dont want to finance new items which will also be offered for free to KS backers (but not even getting the KS items themselves) and secondly, like I already said, the cosmetics are important to me and I would like to have a chance to get the KS items, since Intreprid could have offered alternative methods right from the start, but didn't, sadly. I think it's the responsibility of the developer to plan/consider those things before starting a campaign. If it isn't possible at all, even with the solution I have suggested, I will just probably play other games and live with that. Like you said, that would be my way to make peace with the outcome.
    A massive shame you won't back or play the game purely over a cosmetic. Shame
  • Hmm can't really seem to quote properly for some reason.
    Anyways, @Phayned The KS-FAQ stated "Can I back ashes of creation using another method?" "Currently Kickstarter is our only method, but we're working on it!" 2 May

It looks to me like the other method they're talking about is the June backing. With how Kickstarter works, you can't really just go to another site and ask for more money there until after the Kickstarter is over. They worked on the alternative payment method and now it's coming here soon.
  • How about no, would be a breath of fresh air if a company would not plant a knife in the back of the playerbase to get more money. geuss we will see in 4 days when KS release the funds if they keep there word and exlusive stay exlusive.

If not i hope they offer refunds because im not giong to back a company that cant keep there word.
  • Hmm can't really seem to quote properly for some reason.
    Anyways, @Phayned The KS-FAQ stated "Can I back ashes of creation using another method?" "Currently Kickstarter is our only method, but we're working on it!" 2 May

It looks to me like the other method they're talking about is the June backing. With how Kickstarter works, you can't really just go to another site and ask for more money there until after the Kickstarter is over. They worked on the alternative payment method and now it's coming here soon.
    You are entirely right about that, which is also the reason why I am mainly critisizing the way IS has communicated, not how they have done things. As I have said, at best they mislead the community, because of faulty communication and that is pretty much what happened, thus angering a lot of people.
  • Weolian said:
    Welphgryn said:
     I really hope you are able to make peace with the outcome, and more importantly, with yourself.
    Well, in the end it would mean I will probably not back the project and as a result not play the game at all in the end. First of all I dont want to finance new items which will also be offered for free to KS backers (but not even getting the KS items themselves) and secondly, like I already said, the cosmetics are important to me and I would like to have a chance to get the KS items, since Intreprid could have offered alternative methods right from the start, but didn't, sadly. I think it's the responsibility of the developer to plan/consider those things before starting a campaign. If it isn't possible at all, even with the solution I have suggested, I will just probably play other games and live with that. Like you said, that would be my way to make peace with the outcome.
    A massive shame you won't back or play the game purely over a cosmetic. Shame
    It's not just purely the cosmetics, which I have stated already. here, a quote of myself:

"It's not just the cosmetics. I have pledged like 15 different games on KS. Some games never made it and got canceled, some became utter crap and a few ones really held up to their promises. But I can say one thing for sure: if a game really gets developed until v1.0 greatly depends on the communication with the community, or at least it is a good indicator on how likely it is that the game will happen to be developed until the end, because it shows how good the developer is organized and if he can handle the whole project (which includes communication). This is especially the case when we talk about an MMORPG, because communication with the community is a key factor for success. I think Intrepid did a mistake already, because they didn't do their homework. They should've learned from past projects, who KNEW that some people dont have debit/credit cards that are accepted by KS and therefore made an alternative paypal account to give everyone the chance to back. And on top of that, they didn't answer any messages at all. I messaged 5 projects about creating a paypal account and ALWAYS got a response from the devs, telling me the paypal option will come later during the campaign. Intrepid is the first developer who didnt answer my message. And it's no excuse that there probably were many thousands messages. I backed other projects like Star Citizen and Pillars of Eternity, who were similiar successful and probably got also thousands of messages."
  • Just out of curiosity, How did you contact intrepid?
  • @Ace_Nightfire

Honestly dude, what's your goal here? Are you upset and venting? Do you feel you are "informing" people? Do you want us to talk you into or out of something?

Because this thread is just full of you belly-aching about everything from Kickstarter to Cosmetic items. It's seriously old, and I'm tired of seeing this same thread over and over.

Personally, I think you are a major downer and get off on trying to stir the pot about an issue that isn't even a confirmed issue yet. I feel like I'm literally wasting my time writing this because you don't want solutions or even answers, you want confirmation bias.

If this isn't​ the game for you then maybe it's time you move on.
    Good luck.
  • I don't think there's anything more that can be added here unfortunately. All has been said, and whether you agree or disagree I believe nothing will change. Good luck.  
  • Megs said:
    Just out of curiosity, How did you contact intrepid?
    via Kickstarter message, like I did on all of the previous projects and I always got an answer. But it doesn't matter, since Intrepid themselve already said that they got asked many times for alternative methods, so they will probably also have read my message.