You Want To Be Proud Of This MMO

124»

Comments

• Krojak said:
    You need a powerful, commanding voice! Not some weak, wimpy little elf voice ;D
    you take that back you big armored bully!
  • I pop in discord when I can but sometimes the chat is too quick for me! Great community on the discord too and most certainly worth checking out! I even pop on voice occasionally (when I'm not shy!) 
  • Yeah, I use discord but I prefer it for smaller groups.  For voices in mass, I prefer the pace of the forums. 
  • Yeah, I use discord but I prefer it for smaller groups.  For voices in mass, I prefer the pace of the forums. 
    I agree. It's pretty hard to pick @Rumbleforge out in a crowd..
  • I feel that the Devs pop on discord more than they do here at the moment (probably because it is quick chat) so if you want the opportunity to say hi to Steven go go discord!
  • Sigh... guess I'll get to building then
    /craftsman

*mutters to himself at the forge*
  • Diura said:
    I feel that the Devs pop on discord more than they do here at the moment (probably because it is quick chat) so if you want the opportunity to say hi to Steven go go discord!
    I think part of it is also the fact that Discord is the latest and greatest trendy new communication service and that's where the hip young devs feel comfortable. 

Its old gamers like us that feel more at home here. ;)
  • I'm not a fan of discord myself to be honest. It's hard to just walk into a conversation 
  • Diura said:
    I feel that the Devs pop on discord more than they do here at the moment (probably because it is quick chat) so if you want the opportunity to say hi to Steven go go discord!
    I think part of it is also the fact that Discord is the latest and greatest trendy new communication service and that's where the hip young devs feel comfortable. 

Old gamers like us use Discord, because it's just really good.
  • Age has nothing to do with it. I find it hard to start a conversation or carry one on when im online. I just wish the devs paid as much attention to the forums as they did the discord 
  • Yeah it's okay to prefer one over the other, but doesn't seem right for them to ignore one over the other. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Krojak said:
    Diura said:

Old gamers like us use Discord, because it's just really good.
    I consider myself an "old" gamer and actually agree with this.

Discord is a great place for me to spin tales of my youth and how much easier life is now for young people. It's also a great resource to remind me to take my heart pills because it tags everything with the time. 

But the best thing about Discord for an old gamer is it let's me check on all the kids and make sure they aren't on my gal darn lawn!
  • What I like most about it is that it's basically IRC, with built in modern social media mindset. 
    It it just had old Hotline style file server access, it would be perfect. 
  • #oldGamers unite.
    "It's PM not DM!!"

It is interesting that there's a forum group and a discord group.  :)

my favorite thing we do on discord is we'll play card games, board games, D&D, and more.  It's pretty fun.
  • What I like most about it is that it's basically IRC, with built in modern social media mindset. 
    @Rumbleforge just wants tell them brats to get off his lawn :angry:  
  • lexmax said:
    What I like most about it is that it's basically IRC, with built in modern social media mindset. 
    He IS one of the brats on my lawn!

• Karthos said:
    lexmax said:
    What I like most about it is that it's basically IRC, with built in modern social media mindset. 

I'm a dwarf! I tunneled UNDER your lawn!

;)
  • Karthos said:
    lexmax said:

I'm a dwarf! I tunneled UNDER your lawn!

;)
    Don't dig up the bod.. the begonia.