You Want To Be Proud Of This MMO

"Look. This Here. This Is My Home, And I'm Proud Of It."

I said this exact phrase in another thread on this forum. We were discussing something about Ashes Of Creation, and finished my point by saying that this game is something I want to hang my hat on and say: "Look. This here. This is my home, and I'm proud of it."

I wasn't referring to a Freehold or city mansion, but the entire game itself. I feel this is something that each and every member of this forum community can agree on (for once). We all desperately want to see this MMO succeed in providing for us that sense of belonging that we've missed from previous MMOs, that sense of "home".

I know you miss it, I have empathy, I feel it too. The reason we are all so passionate, one way or another, on this forum is because we so badly want this Ashes of Creation to be everything that is lacking in other games. Don't be angry with the other forum goer who's opinion is different than yours. That person ALSO wants to see this game succeed.

At least we all have that in common.

Comments

• Well said @Krojak. I would suggest that heated debates and stormy exchanges at inevitable and part of the course as far as MMO forums go. Everyone should heed your words my friend, but it's also evident, to my mind, that this is probably the friendliest community I've encountered online since LOTRO. The nature of her is bound to change as more and more players join the community, but it will be fundamentally up to the Ashes "Golden Oldies" to keep our forum as we want it and help steer her from the mirky waters to the open skies. 
  • I want a crypt or a mausoleum just to show off my wealth with undead guards walking around in a dark forsest is that so hard 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Kratz said:
    Well said @Krojak. I would suggest that heated debates and stormy exchanges at inevitable and part of the course as far as MMO forums go. Everyone should heed your words my friend, but it's also evident, to my mind, that this is probably the friendliest community I've encountered online since LOTRO. The nature of her is bound to change as more and more players join the community, but it will be fundamentally up to the Ashes "Golden Oldies" to keep our forum as we want it and help steer her from the mirky waters to the open skies. 

There is definitely a good vibe here and on Discord.  Especially when the dev's are so inclined to pop on and give a thought.  I don't know that I've seen devs jump on discord as much as the AOC team.

And there will always have that one or two guys in the community looking to stir trouble... I'm looking at you Full Loot thread creator...
    edited June 2017
    I look forward to the day where our "home" has progressed to the point where I can meet 'ye, and already oh so many others here, in a tavern to share an ale after a day's adventuring! 

Gods forbid, should this home never become a reality, it shan't be for lack of effort on our own behalf, I say!  

And 'yer right, the foundation has been laid here by many passionate folks such as yourself, so I have little doubt in me mind that clearer heads shall always prevail when tempers flare because we are all here united for the victory of Ashes!  

• Draedin said:
    Kratz said:
    Well said @Krojak. I would suggest that heated debates and stormy exchanges at inevitable and part of the course as far as MMO forums go. Everyone should heed your words my friend, but it's also evident, to my mind, that this is probably the friendliest community I've encountered online since LOTRO. The nature of her is bound to change as more and more players join the community, but it will be fundamentally up to the Ashes "Golden Oldies" to keep our forum as we want it and help steer her from the mirky waters to the open skies. 

There is definitely a good vibe here and on Discord.  Especially when the dev's are so inclined to pop on and give a thought.  I don't know that I've seen devs jump on discord as much as the AOC team.

And there will always have that one or two guys in the community looking to stir trouble... I'm looking at you Full Loot thread creator...
    *Discord flash backs* Im happy here on the fourms
  •  we are all here united for the victory of Ashes!  
    I'll drink to that! :3
  • Aye! I've been looking for that exact thing @Krojak, well said. 
    I've backed Star Citizen with the same idea, though I feel like this game will be here first haha.

Also, you guys talk a lot on the discord, I've felt reluctant to mix myself into it. It's a scary place
  • Draedin said:
    Kratz said:

Oh no plz don't ruin this beautiful thread by provoking a Russian... the FSB is everywhere...
  • GaFl4Ever said:
    Draedin said:
    Kratz said:

Oh no plz don't ruin this beautiful thread by provoking a Russian... the FSB is everywhere...
    He'll behave so don't worry, I heard he Putin a June pledge.
    edited June 2017
    Kratz said:
    GaFl4Ever said:
    Draedin said:
    Kratz said:

He'll behave so don't worry, I heard he Putin a June pledge.
    Nice of him.
  • Also to the OP,  I jumped on your stream the other day and really enjoyed it.  Keep driving the passion Krojak!
  • Draedin said:
    Also to the OP,  I jumped on your stream the other day and really enjoyed it.  Keep driving the passion Krojak!
    Shhh! That's still a secret... Kind of.

• Didn't know you were a streamer @Krojak? What are your details  - I'll make sure I'm listening attentively during your next stream :)

• Kratz said:

Didn't know you were a streamer @Krojak? What are your details  - I'll make sure I'm listening attentively during your next stream :)

I don't want to come to this community and start plastering my stuff around like some form of advertising. I'm here to be a genuine part of this little family we have going on here. Don't worry about anything else :)
  • Krojak said:
    Kratz said:

Didn't know you were a streamer @Krojak? What are your details  - I'll make sure I'm listening attentively during your next stream :)

I don't want to come to this community and start plastering my stuff around like some form of advertising. I'm here to be a genuine part of this little family we have going on here. Don't worry about anything else :)
    My request was sincere I promise you :) I seldom have the time to watch such things never mind undertake the craft myself so I admire those that invest into their games and their communities. It's certainly not abstract advertising is it. Well, if ever you do have the urge to share your creations, I for one will be waiting for the invite. ^^
  • As will I even if its just a PM I would be happy to watch your streams 
  • What are you all doing in my home? Who let you in here?!?!?

Chatting with you all has been a pleasure, and if the general attitude of our community can be maintained through the live launch of the game, we'll all be winners :)
  • Krojak said:

"Look. This Here. This Is My Home, And I'm Proud Of It."

I said this exact phrase in another thread on this forum. We were discussing something about Ashes Of Creation, and finished my point by saying that this game is something I want to hang my hat on and say: "Look. This here. This is my home, and I'm proud of it."

I wasn't referring to a Freehold or city mansion, but the entire game itself. I feel this is something that each and every member of this forum community can agree on (for once). We all desperately want to see this MMO succeed in providing for us that sense of belonging that we've missed from previous MMOs, that sense of "home".

I know you miss it, I have empathy, I feel it too. The reason we are all so passionate, one way or another, on this forum is because we so badly want this Ashes of Creation to be everything that is lacking in other games. Don't be angry with the other forum goer who's opinion is different than yours. That person ALSO wants to see this game succeed.

At least we all have that in common.
    I couldn't agree with you more. When I talk to my friends about this game, they think I'm just hype of possible game mechanics or systems the Intrepid Team is talking about. No, I'm passionate about what this game means. Finally we get a game that focuses on us as the player, not theme parks or playgrounds that hold your attention for a month then you give up on it. So far there has been a real community here. We talk to each other, some with a little more spice, and help each other out with answering questions and adding, or debating on ideas and how certain systems might work in the game.

Overall, I believe this game is going to make World of Warcraft, and other AAA MMOs look like Runescape. The rides are fun the first time around, but after the initial rush you want to just go home where the food isn't overpriced and you don't have to wonder which child you are going to sell in order to get the fancy trinkets. Down with theme parks, down with limited playgrounds and death to pay to win! 
  • Ghyx said:
    What are you all doing in my home? Who let you in here?!?!?

Chatting with you all has been a pleasure, and if the general attitude of our community can be maintained through the live launch of the game, we'll all be winners :)
    Looks around in confusion. "I thought this house was mine? I'm sorry, I wore your bathrobe and ate the sandwich out of the fridge."
  • Krojak said:
    "Look. This here. This is my home, and I'm proud of it."
    "And I help make it a reality."
  • I think you guys have done wonders already at making this place feel like home. <3

• Megs said:
    I think we've done wonders already at making this place feel like home. <3

Fixed it for you @Megs ;)
  • Anyone who has 3 stars @megs as done something to make this place feel like home
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:
    Anyone who has 3 stars @megs as done something to make this place feel like home
    Two stars, but working on it.  :)

Trying to catch up with my wife @Isende.
  • I love you guys x x 
    And no, that's not the booze talking, ok it might be... but it's a sunny day and the barbeque was lit... So excuses.
    Aww shucks you all rock
  • Krojak said:
    Ghyx said:
    What are you all doing in my home? Who let you in here?!?!?

Looks around in confusion. "I thought this house was mine? I'm sorry, I wore your bathrobe and ate the sandwich out of the fridge."
    Umm that was my sandwich... lol
  • Possum said:
    nagash said:
    Anyone who has 3 stars @megs as done something to make this place feel like home
    Ok then let me reframe it then anyone who is active and people know make this play a great place to  be ^^
  • Possum said:
    nagash said:

Trying to catch up with my wife @Isende.
    It isn't the stars that mark your contribution here, it's essentially your post count and your familiarity with others in the community, and you already have that @possum ;) Think of all the DOZENS of posters you've inspired here to..........to........get a better sig :D 
  • nagash said:
    Possum said:
    nagash said:
    Ok then let me reframe it then anyone who is active and people know make this play a great place to  be ^^

I like this one better than the other. Haha. 

Awesome post @Krojak, I too hope for a vibrant community with healthy, vibrant and civil discussions regardless of the of the nature of the topic. 

;) 
  • nagash said:
    Possum said:
    nagash said:
    This is rather sweet thing for a unholy undead creature of the night to say.