Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

character slots

I know it will probably 8 charters slot , as so many different options for  characters 64 in all , not include what /if any races will bring to the mix .how many character slots would be be enough for you guys and girls   

Comments

• One
  • My goal is to play every combination. It will take forever I know, but hey, I'm an elf, there's plenty of time.
  • I like the idea of starting with 8 but I think the more the merrier but that's the RP side of meself
  • Doesn't matter to me, I usually only play 1 anyway huehuehue
  • One always to max, eventually. The alts are always good intentions, usually end  up storage, occasionally gatherers and now and then one makes it to max.  
    I usually try different roles but mostly stay with my healer unless I get burned out on healing people who die of the disease called "stupid"  too often and blame me for not having the cure.  Variety is the spice of life. lol
  • I always have one character only - I'm not an Alts gal :) I'm dedicated to my "Diura"
  • One always to max, eventually. The alts are always good intentions, usually end  up storage, occasionally gatherers and now and then one makes it to max.  
    I usually try different roles but mostly stay with my healer unless I get burned out on healing people who die of the disease called "stupid"  too often and blame me for not having the cure.  Variety is the spice of life. lol
    I though death was the cure for stupid... maybe I should stop removing warning labels?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    One always to max, eventually. The alts are always good intentions, usually end  up storage, occasionally gatherers and now and then one makes it to max.  
    I though death was the cure for stupid... maybe I should stop removing warning labels?

Yes but you will never convince them of that!

I mean seriously. do you really expect them to read warnings when they can't get out of their own way in a red cross fire?

Yes but you will never convince them of that!

I mean seriously. do you really expect them to read warnings when they can't get out of their own way in a red cross fire?
    Well you know why they make warning labels? Because someone decided to do what it is warning not to do
  • I only need one  to change the world
  • 2 slots. one for pvp and the other pve. then after iv mastered them both, ill move on to every other slot i could get :)
    edited June 2017
    Would like at least 8, one for each primary class, but I would also like enough slots to have one of each race which is I think 9 or 10 now.
  • All of them, every slot for every class /race/mix. They're going to stay financially afloat from my alt slot purchases alone :)
  • I will make one person and if they make a undead class I will eat that up quicker that dwarves on the red feast
    edited June 2017
    Diura said:
    I always have one character only - I'm not an Alts gal :) I'm dedicated to my "Diura"
    I'm all for only playing one character. But there is always room for Alts to hold all that loot your main is going to acquire. >:)o:)
  • Need to see when we can get into the alphas and betas that will give you an idea of what you will need to do as far as creating alts. During that time I want to try test the systems for bugs. The character customization will get a good going over.
  • About 3 should be fine with me, the main, a secondary and some "for the lulz"/auxiliar character.
  • I need at least 3. Although one for every race would also be nice to start out with just so I don't have to keep my characters on 10 different servers  :D
  • Maybe starting off with 5 and the possibility to buy more ( max 10)
  • I need three. My main, my failure and my 'I am being anti social".
  • At least three, I hope. The main, the support and the spy alternate POV.
    edited June 2017
    I think around 5 character slots baseline sounds good. Not too many, not too little.

I personally can never find a class that perfectly suits me, so I tend to have 2-3 "main" characters with different classes and "stories" (as I envision these characters in the game world), and I occasionally switch them up. In WoW they were druid and priest (with occasional paladin and mage), and I'm eager to see what AoC brings to the table.

But I really, really hope I can finally find a class that will suit me 100%. Never had something like this.
  • I will probably end up just making one character and sticking with it, unless there are any really good benefits of making an alt.
  • As a known altaholic, I hope for a decent number (8 seems fine) so that I can have a few different classes to hopefully moderate playstyle burn out and so that I can change the character I have to look at on screen every now and again.
  • I would like 4. I am an altaholic so if I get more that's great but for my plans 4 would be sufficient. 
    edited June 2017
    I'm really hoping for five to eight to begin....

Too many and then you start to have naming issues for new players....

However I am an Altaholic:

for rp reasons I love having different characters to interact/goto

for gaming reasons whilst I love PVE, occasionally you just have to go in and attempt to cause serious injury and my playstyles are totally different for both - npc mobs are just never going to be as intelligent as people, so are generally easier to predict/plan your standard strategies for. 

to get the ability to play the whole game, all the classes all the professions

Because of this I would be disappointed if:
    WolfwingX said:
    Maybe starting off with 5 and the possibility to buy more ( max 10)

..there was a max cap that didn't take into consideration the 64+ different toons that we're going to be able to possibly roll...
    Personally if I had to make a decision for the team, I'd not have a max cap, but either lock additional character slots behind a high price, or an increasing price...
    For example:

Slots 1 - 5 - base game
    5 - 10 :  $10
    10 - 15: $20
    15 up:   $40 for every additional 5 slots

I just want a chance to really get into each class, and to truly understand the best secondary class for that one for myself. And limiting the numbers just wouldn't be enough for me.
  • I see this as a two part issue. The first part is what has been asked: How many characters per account. The second is how many servers will an account be able to access? If the answer to the first question is eight and the answer to the second is all then the altaholics will be very happy.

However I believe that this would not result in the best game experience for everyone. This game will require/promote a significant level of character interaction. A character will need to develop real relationships with other characters and with the society of the sever that they are on. Keep in mind that these will be significantly different from server to server.

I confess that I am an altaholic. One of the results or this style of play is that my characters tend to go it alone and spend more time interacting with each other: experiencing archetypes, sharing inventory, dividing up crafting professions, and sharing resources than they do interacting with other player characters. I also meta game between my characters. These behaviors will not work very well with the stated design intentions of this game.

My sense is that each account should be limited to X number of characters per server and Y number of servers. The discussion should be what are the values of X and Y. I would suggest: X < 4, Y < 4 and X*Y < 9. But remember I am a confessed altaholic and am asking the designers to control my addiction for the good of the game.  
  • PERFECT WORLD UMJI WISH ONE SLOT~

NOT PERFECT SO BE MANY SLOT.

RANDOM GOBBO SAY NUMBER IS THREE ADD ONE.
  • I'd be happy with just 1 slot but 2 slots would be good
  • Unlimited. I prefer to live and think that way ;)