Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How involved in node progression will you be?

So, according to the developer's blog:

"There are four types of Nodes, each with a different strength. We will give you the details in the future, but the four types are: Military, Divine, Economic, and Scientific. For example, a Military Node will have combat oriented benefits. Stronger walls, combat buffs for citizens etc. Being a part of these Nodes shape the benefits you receive. If you find the benefits you want aren’t available because another Node is present, you can seek out an area to form one (or seek to destroy an established Node to make room!). Choice, needs, and differing motivations cause strife, which the Node system thrives on."

I curious in the degree of involvement you think you'll have in the progression of nodes. Will you be totally apathetic towards the advancements of nodes, willing to move or stay anywhere that suits you (like in a normal MMO with prebuilt cities). Or will you be totally driven to achieve the Node of your choice in the game, willing to even destroy another city that stands in your way?

I personally will likely be actively involved in advancing a node (attempting to influence, helping to plan if needed) a node. I don't think I'm driven to the point where I'll attempt to destroy another node in my path. hahah. 

What about you guys?

Comments

• Options
    when i choose to do something, i'm loyal to that choice.  
  • Options
    At the start I may be a little aloof. It all depends on the local community and the type of Node, but overall I plan on making a guild with all of us defending the Node and our personal interests. They will rue the day they set foot into our lands!
  • Options
    For the realm of the dead I would do anything 
  • Options

I personally will likely be actively involved in advancing a node (attempting to influence, helping to plan if needed) a node. I don't think I'm driven to the point where I'll attempt to destroy another node in my path. hahah. 

What about you guys?
    I am of the same mindset.
  • Options
    for a realm of his dead, i would consider doing maybe something.
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    At the start I may be a little aloof. It all depends on the local community and the type of Node, but overall I plan on making a guild with all of us defending the Node and our personal interests. They will rue the day they set foot into our lands!
    Haha, yeah, I'm thinking that I'll probably go with the flow. I find most of the different node types intriguing and really wouldn't mind helping to build any of them up. 
  • Options
    You have your dreams I have mine 
  • Options
    I do plan to wage war against heretic nodes though...
    Image result for deus vult meme
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I could see myself dying for those dreams.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    That means I win ^^
  • Options
    I'll actively defend what's mine and seek it's advancement.... but whilst right now I think won't go out to actively slay,  I'm not going to rule it out....
  • Options
    GaFl4Ever said:
    I do plan to wage war against heretic nodes though...
    Image result for deus vult meme
    That's warring more for gameplay/roleplay purposes than for progression. So it's all good!
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    That means I win ^^
    You don't win till I give up.
    I might choose to die but i'll never give up.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    That means I win ^^
    why do you assume that being dead is a bad thing? only in death do you find the tranquillity of what you sought in life. I was like you, once, clinging to life and blind to the truth. When I uncovered the truth, I too shuddered and paled with fear.
  • Options
    I will actively be involved, I just have to find the right location first.

I wonder if @nagash will build his city of the dead in the over world or the under realm?
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    That means I win ^^
    why do you assume that being dead is a bad thing? only in death do you find the tranquillity of what you sought in life. I was like you, once, clinging to life and blind to the truth. When I uncovered the truth, I too shuddered and paled with fear.
    The only thing i fear is that by the end of the year i'll likely be knocking on freeholds: going " s'cuse me sir and or mad'Am, do YOU have a moment to talk about our lord and serviette, Nagash. Or as he likes to be called, Mr lord bony face" 
    While folding a silken robe over 1 arm and a book of obituaries in the other. 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    That means I win ^^
    Perhaps he means to die to battle you for your mantle of Lord of the Undead. :)
  • Options
    @SageVonAwesome I already have the layout planned ^^
  • Options
    If I find the right guild in alpha and the guild survives release (and a ton of them do not) then I will focus on whatever the guild is node wise. If I don't find the right player/world/guild mix then I will spend about a week bouncing about before I settle down. I am good with that. I have time to spare. 
  • Options
    Sozia said:
    If I find the right guild in alpha and the guild survives release (and a ton of them do not) then I will focus on whatever the guild is node wise. If I don't find the right player/world/guild mix then I will spend about a week bouncing about before I settle down. I am good with that. I have time to spare. 
    Yeah. I get what you mean.

I'll probably let someone else in the guild decide the type of node and I'll participate in helping more because I like doing things as/for a guild. 

• Options
    nagash said:
    You in the center with corpses surrounding you?
  • Options
    It is my hope that I'll be an active, viable part of the community of our node; further, it's a desire that our guild be an active, viable part of the community of our node. For this reason I will not be doing the gung-ho balls-to-the-wall stuff I see as the first choice, but I'll happily work to build up and defend our node, and to engage in what might further that node's growth and viability. Further, I'll expect to be a part of making the decision to let it fall, in order to build and further something else.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    You in the center with corpses surrounding you?

There has been a misunderstanding I have a empire to run and a empire needs a crown city 
  • Options
    I won't mind what kind of node I fundamentally contribute too. I'll let another decide and I'll support it as best I can. To a point I'll focus on whatever needs to be done because it's that kind of progression that will prove stimulating in the long run, but I'll stay on the back benches. Intrepid could not have chosen a more ironic name for my pledge.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I won't mind what kind of node I fundamentally contribute too. I'll let another decide and I'll support it as best I can. To a point I'll focus on whatever needs to be done because it's that kind of progression that will prove stimulating in the long run, but I'll stay on the back benches. Intrepid could not have chosen a more ironic name for my pledge.
    Do you want to work with me ^^
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:
    Kratz said:

With?
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Kratz said:

I would gladly help you my friend as long as it did not cost me my life :D
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Kratz said:

With? WITH? 

Who are you and what did you do with the real @nagash?

The real @nagash will never work with anyone. He would demand everyone work FOR him. 

Hmm. Married life must have made you soft. I am happy for you and @Krojak.
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    nagash said:
    Kratz said:

With? WITH? 

Who are you and what did you do with the real @nagash?

The real @nagash will never work with anyone. He would demand everyone work FOR him. 

See I try to be nice ONCE and it backfires *sigh* well back to killing and burning I go then 
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    nagash said:
    Kratz said:
    Wow - take 2 hours off for some lovely Sunday roast and look what happens? I missed so much it's like 10 weeks of Home and Away wrapped into 1 morning. Since when did that happen? :o