Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I liked the live stream

2»

Comments

  • Options
    The live stream made me sour... :unamused:
  • Options
    The live stream made me sour... :unamused:
    why's that?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I really enjoyed the stream. If I have to be picky, I must say I did not entirely agree with the questions they chose from the forums. There were a few I hoped were gonna be answered and didn't get picked, and a couple which I found kinda trivial that got picked.

    Other than that, the video was awesome and it is always a pleasure to get in touch with the Intrepid guys. I wish we had these streams weekly.
  • Options
    Battle pets was confirmed in a previous live stream. They haven't given away that many details though.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    they actually answered some good questions about pets, guns, characters, skills etc. and that floaty was kind of funny aha
    no keys though. 

    Pretty sure the confirmation of battle pets is new. Yes!
    Last I heard that was still under discussion.
    I would take "Battle Pets" with a grain of salt. He was talking about the difference between cosmetic pets and pets that can fight. And Steven tends to get a bit excited and throw out words that don't mean what the community immediately grasps onto and hangs onto for dear life. "He said battle pets, it must be just like WOW!!" He could have been equating summoner pets with battle pets, maybe husbandry has a skill that you end up being able to use mounts in battle ala chocobos in FFX14. So I think it is a bit early to tell without clarification.
    I tagged @GMSteven and @Yaviey in a post on the discussion thread for the live stream questions to ask for clarification on this before it gets too misconstrued either way.  I feel he meant combat pets that fight with your character, but I would like clarification so we can be certain.
  • Options
    I think with battle pets they mean the summoners pets.
  • Options
    Valkeries said:
    I think with battle pets they mean the summoners pets.
    I think all classes can get battle pets not just summoners
  • Options
    Where is the Agree button when you need it?  sigh* :(

    Love how Steven gets so excited and blurts out spoilers.  B)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I love when they show us concept art/drawings. I would like them to upload what they showed us onto the website, and keep it coming with more!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'll admit I don't always like the questions selected but it's not like my questions are necessarily that much better either, so I don't want to be on a high horse. Overall, I liked the stream.

    Game production has come a long way. The ability to generate a huge forest of trees like that must save a ton of time when doing game environments. I assume there's some kind of algorithm or randomization script to make sure the trees have slightly different textures and model tweaks (different location for branches etc.). Even though Ashes won't be a procedural world, it appears they're able to use procedural generation to create an environment and then tweak it around and save it as a static model. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing, so I'll need to pore over some articles to catch up to the industry.
  • Options
    Possum said:
    I'm just watching the archived stream right now.... just got to @Krojak 's question!
    Huzzah!
    Oh, @lexmax 's question now!  Huzzah again! 
    I was watching the chat looking for names I recognized from the forums. Saw Lexmax and Possum. Then I heard them answer Krojak's and Lexmax's question. Score. Hah
    I saw @Kratz, @Diura and @I_Am_Sithis in there too.
    Yessir yessir
  • Options
    Possum said:
    I'm just watching the archived stream right now.... just got to @Krojak 's question!
    Huzzah!
    Oh, @lexmax 's question now!  Huzzah again! 
    I was watching the chat looking for names I recognized from the forums. Saw Lexmax and Possum. Then I heard them answer Krojak's and Lexmax's question. Score. Hah
    I saw @Kratz, @Diura and @I_Am_Sithis in there too.
    Yessir yessir
  • Options
    Solarion said:
    Game production has come a long way. The ability to generate a huge forest of trees like that must save a ton of time when doing game environments. I assume there's some kind of algorithm or randomization script to make sure the trees have slightly different textures and model tweaks (different location for branches etc.). Even though Ashes won't be a procedural world, it appears they're able to use procedural generation to create an environment and then tweak it around and save it as a static model. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing, so I'll need to pore over some articles to catch up to the industry.
    Yes, I'm assuming they'll be using Unreal Engine 4's procedural generation tools for the initial pass then customise it from there.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    The live stream made me sour... :unamused:
    why's that?
    I guess I was expecting more questions answered? The Q&A was all I was looking for. I guess realistically it was pretty good. I was just trying to get more answers
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    GOOD. FUNNY.

    ENJOY 1 HOUR.

    FEEL REAL.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    The live stream made me sour... :unamused:
    why's that?
    I guess I was expecting more questions answered? The Q&A was all I was looking for. I guess realistically it was pretty good. I was just trying to get more answers
    I think this was just to show us around and what they are working on at the moment. While future stream will have more questions 
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Solarion said:
    Game production has come a long way. The ability to generate a huge forest of trees like that must save a ton of time when doing game environments. I assume there's some kind of algorithm or randomization script to make sure the trees have slightly different textures and model tweaks (different location for branches etc.). Even though Ashes won't be a procedural world, it appears they're able to use procedural generation to create an environment and then tweak it around and save it as a static model. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing, so I'll need to pore over some articles to catch up to the industry.
    Yes, I'm assuming they'll be using Unreal Engine 4's procedural generation tools for the initial pass then customise it from there.
    Neat! I wasn't that familiar with what possibilities UE4 opens up (well, I don't know much about game engines to begin with). I wonder how much faster game production has become now.
  • Options
    Solarion said:
    Neat! I wasn't that familiar with what possibilities UE4 opens up (well, I don't know much about game engines to begin with). I wonder how much faster game production has become now.
    It's super fast now with all of the open source tools available. Indie studios can crank out polished games with tiny teams. Darkest Dungeon is a popular title that comes to mind. I recall they raised about $300k and released within two years. 
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Solarion said:
    Neat! I wasn't that familiar with what possibilities UE4 opens up (well, I don't know much about game engines to begin with). I wonder how much faster game production has become now.
    It's super fast now with all of the open source tools available. Indie studios can crank out polished games with tiny teams. Darkest Dungeon is a popular title that comes to mind. I recall they raised about $300k and released within two years. 
    god I loved that game
Sign In or Register to comment.