Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Port cities and their imPORTance

13»

Comments

• Options
    Umji said:
    PORT NODE. 

ONE MORE CARAVAN MODE. 

USE SHIP. 

RICH. MANY FAT MERCHANT. 

MUCH CHANCE OF ROB. 
    You're not afraid of the water @Umji?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I hope to become a trader at sea. Owning my own trading vessel and travel to distant lands, bringing exotic wares to sell. You know, the good ol sea life.

It would be amazing if this could be tied in somehow to node development aside from just trade caravans. 

E.g
    the governing body of the node sets out trade writs for trader (players) to undertake, requesting commodities from different nodes

The trader accepts the writ and travels to pick up the goods. Upon pick up, the player is tagged as a trader and marked for PvP (hey no risk no reward right? And pirates need to eat :#). 

The trader then braves the seas to transport the goods back to the requesting node and either gets rewarded for the writ or robbed along the way. 

Sounds nice? 

I think individual traders should not be flagged as combatants.

Individuals can't carry enough for that.' I think ships will be limited to carrying the same amount of goods as mounts.

It's the naval caravans that will have similar PvP flagging as land caravans - and the "pirates" would be those who attack those caravans. Especially attackers not aligned with a major city.
  • Options
    I'm guessing from last Q&A that there will be  one-person ships and Raid-like ships for many people to use at once.
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    I'm guessing from last Q&A that there will be  one-person ships and Raid-like ships for many people to use at once.
    Row row row your boat....
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    < starts headbanging \m/ >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9vf2N9lvw
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    ruairidh said:
    < starts headbanging \m/ >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9vf2N9lvw
    ....well thanks for providing my guild a theme song... never heard this before but its now on my list...
  • Options
    It is my duty to provide knowledge to the young ones. 
  • Options
    If only i could still claim youth.... cruel world wasting youth on the young.
  • Options
    Xontian said:
    A couple points here.
    When sieging a Port node maybe some of the preparations for the siege will be Naval based. Like you will have to assemble a fleet (either through purchasing the ships or Having players pledge their ships.) You may have to Make a large harbor chain to block off the port this is the things i think of.

I wonder if there will be Underrealm Port nodes Set in big Undersea Caves along the coasts. Would be interesting to see.

I am really hoping the get the systems in this game right so they can easily expand upon them after launch. I hope they make expansion easy on themselves. Everything doesny have yo be in at launch but the building blocks should be.
    Duuuuude underground ocean sea monsters you has my vote good sir. I might panic when some weird alien looking creature attacks my fishing boat but that's an awesome thought.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    There could be so much content on the sea, its crazy. It would be cool if port nodes would be siegable from the sea (I know they're considering it). I would like to see each player to be able to have his own ship or ships controlled by more players and also maybe like a huge man o' war type of warship for guilds, controlled by many guild members. Would be cool during sieges :-)
    There could be fishing, underwater exploring, naval caravans guarding and ransacking the same way it works on land, sea bosses and underwater monsters, events, pirates and much more...
    ...but then again seas are really scary, I might just have to stay in my mansion inland :D