Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP lvl 100 v 2 lvl 50

I was thinking. Would the open world PvP be ruled by all the higher levels or for exsample 2 lvl 50's be able to take down a level 100? would the level 100 just wipe the floor with them? How much would your level scale compared to others? 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I assume a lvl 100 should wipe out those two lvl 50 easily.
  • Options
    Arkanth said:
    I agree, that level gap is too far. Perhaps if the levels were 2 level 80's and 1 level 100 MAYBE but you have to think... the higher you go in level the bigger of a difference there is between each level.

Those 2 level 50's wouldn't even scratch them. DPS classes will 1 hit them in such a difference in level
  • Options
    In the case of Ashes, it seems it's going to be 1 Level 50 v 2 Level 25s.
    We will still have to see how large the vertical power gap will be as opposed to a large horizontal abilities gap.

But, Level 50 does seemingly indicate an insurmountable gap in power such that the abilities of a Level 25 affecting a Level 50 will be relatively insignificant compared to the damage a Level 50 can quickly deliver to each Level 25.
    That's like Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee fighting two purple belts.
  • Options
    Not to mention evasion. If this higher level character is an evasive type class, we can assume the other two won't even be able to hit them
  • Options
    depends on skill and tactics 
  • Options
    Dinomitey said:
    I was thinking. Would the open world PvP be ruled by all the higher levels or for exsample 2 lvl 50's be able to take down a level 100? would the level 100 just wipe the floor with them? How much would your level scale compared to others? 
    Mmmm, its an interesting question, probably, the others lower levels would die easily but there are so many factors involved there.
  • Options
    Dinomitey said:
    I'd Devs did state that a Player's Skill Level will contest against a Player's Level / Gear. In addition, other Variables would need to be considered:

Is the LvL 100 Player Corrupted ? If so, by how much ?
    Are Both Combatants ( Purple Name ) ?
    Is the 2 LvL 50 Players SkillFull while the other LvL 100 is just Geared / Higher-LvL 
    ( vice versa )
    Does the Environment have a role in Combat ? If so how much emphasis would it have ?

And probably other Variables that have yet to be considered.

atm, coin flip  :/
  • Options
    I don't even think the best players would be able to beat them. We are talking a MASSIVE difference in level. level 50 to level 100 is a HUGE jump in anything. If this wasn't the case there would be no point in levels for a game of this design
  • Options
    Wouldn't matter if the player was me. I'd kill all 3 and then actually stand up. /nods
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    Dinomitey said:
    I'd Devs did state that a Player's Skill Level will contest against a Player's Level / Gear. In addition, other Variables would need to be considered:

Is the LvL 100 Player Corrupted ? If so, by how much ?
    Are Both Combatants ( Purple Name ) ?
    Is the 2 LvL 50 Players SkillFull while the other LvL 100 is just Geared / Higher-LvL 
    ( vice versa )
    Does the Environment have a role in Combat ? If so how much emphasis would it have ?

And probably other Variables that have yet to be considered.

atm, coin flip  :/
    non of this should make an impact like we are talking about here. level 50 is high, level 100 appears double but in fact is way more than double because of the increase of exp needed for each level.

Purple won't play a part in this scenario. It won't affect combat abilities so much. Not when we are talking about a level difference where a rogue will 1shot a tank
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    One level 100 would beat a field full of level 50's, and that's it's how it should be. That large of a gap is like an "end game" player going back to the starter zone and killing mobs.
  • Options
    I think we really need more info before we can really have an accurate discussion on this, otherwise we are just taking shots in the dark
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Which is fine while the dark is all we got.  :p
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I disagree. This example has been made with too much of a level gap for there to be any possibility for it to end any other way regardless of how they make the level differences. If the level 100 couldn't easily kill the other two than this game would collapse soon after people achieved higher levels
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I disagree. This example has been made with too much of a level gap for there to be any possibility for it to end any other way regardless of how they make the level differences. If the level 100 couldn't easily kill the other two than this game would collapse soon after people achieved higher levels

Heh. Just joining in even though it's pure speculation. Also the "disagree" statement made me laugh out loud (not insulting you but I genuinely found it quite amusing) a little since everything is speculation and we're disagreeing with each other's imagination. Hahah. 

If the soft level cap is 50 and the rest for the levels beyond that gives a minute progression (0.1% of power increase per level) or horizontal progression (I.e give you more variety of augments for your skills instead of just purely adding more evasion/hp/damage etc). 

The alleged level gap wouldn't matter as much then.  
  • Options
    What if:

1) It was FOUR Level 25s vs one level 100?

2) One of the level 50s levelled to level 51? That would put their collective level at a superior 101.
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    What if:

1) It was FOUR Level 25s vs one level 100?

2) One of the level 50s levelled to level 51? That would put their collective level at a superior 101.

OBVIOUSLY it'll all depend on where the battle is conducted. Will it be in the lava filled battle zone of Mustafar where the level cap is only level 20? In that case the level 100 will likely lose. 

UNLESS, of course lvl 100 acquired the legendary amulet of Peeveepia, which will allow the player to overcome that level cap and battle as the players actual level for about a minute. 
  • Options
    @cyreph, It would take 4 hits instead of 2 for the level 100 to kill them all, unless it's aoe...
  • Options
    @cyreph, It would take 4 hits instead of 2 for the level 100 to kill them all, unless it's aoe...

So you're saying.... we should field 100 level 1s instead? It's a bold strategy. Not one that I would employ, but I got to respect the tactic.
  • Options
    Then you could youtube it and it would be an Ashes of Creation meets the Matrix... just one guy killing everyone
  • Options

@Cyreph @WinterAssassin. Level 100 vs. a hundred level 1s. Pre-alpha footage.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @autumnwillow I highly doubt that. They want an epic game that is the best MMO ever made. They won't get the backing they need if you don't need levels to be competitive in PvP. The game would crumble. You can find it amusing  all you want. If you want to call this subject "speculation", that's up to you. I'm going off the assumption the creators are smart

I'm not going off of "facts" i'm going off of extremely high odds.  
  • Options
    Arkanth said:

Crush them without breaking a sweat in fact..........
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @autumnwillow I highly doubt that. They want an epic game that is the best MMO ever made. They won't get the backing they need if you don't need levels to be competitive in PvP. The game would crumble.

I'm not going off of "facts" i'm going off of extremely high odds.  

Haha, jokes aside.

I do agree in most MMOrpgs, having a not too big a level gap will be important for an equal fight. In the original guild wars

If you make the required gap too close (+/- 3 levels as a random chosen number) and the levels too hard to acquire, then it becomes a "I have more time so I'm going to beat you" pvp like scenario. Player skill and knowledge will play a part but only when the levels are at a correct range.

If you make the gaps for fair pvp wider, and allow for levels to make less of a deciding factor. The pvp, in my opinion, will put more emphasis on player skill and knowledge/ability to switch builds to best counter a tactic through horizontal progression (since players who have leveled extensively will likely be more options open to them instead of just +hp/+dmg etc for  having more levels) instead of just "I win because I have more levels" hypothetical type situations.

It does make PvP more brutal in a sense that a level 50 being jumped by a large number of 30s might not be able to survive the fight though, but it ensures that players at most level ranges can contribute to a battle.

So it'll really depend on the developers. I personally prefer the 2nd scenario. That would make a much better game for me personally. 

• Options
    If you don't have the level gap it's just feels like a pick-up game not an MMORPG. Nobody wants to stay the same strength as they were 50 levels ago. 50 is a lot if we compare it to rumors of the level cap on release, double that is ridiculous. I'm pretty certain the level 100 will be able to take their gear off and kill the others in their birthday suit.

But, Enough about this from me. I made my point
  • Options
    If you don't have the level gap it's just feels like a pick-up game not an MMORPG. Nobody wants to stay the same strength as they were 50 levels ago. 50 is a lot if we compare it to rumors of the level cap on release, double that is ridiculous. I'm pretty certain the level 100 will be able to take their gear off and kill the others in their birthday suit.

But, Enough about this from me. I made my point

If the level cap was 100, and a Level 100  vs level 50, then it'll just be like a level 50 vs. level 25 if the cap was at 50. So the numerical difference of 50 doesn't really matter.

Progression is important, people must feel that their characters have progressed but progression doesn't necessarily have to mean only higher damage mitigation or higher damage.

Developers could front load levels and give bigger bonuses at early levels and smaller leveling bonuses at later levels instead of just a linear progression where every level gives the same bonuses. 

Or... (I prefer this since it doesn't affect PvE progression) give lower level characters a pvp only based effectiveness multiplier, allowing their HP and their base damage to be at the very low range of acceptable end level pvp numbers allowing players to be able to meaningfully contribute to PvP battles earlier without affecting PvE progression. 

I'm not saying no level gap, but less of a level gap. The higher level player SHOULD have an advantage, but having him be able to go naked and punch people to death would kinda make PvP a joke. 

• Options
    Thats not true, The higher the level the bigger a difference between each individual level. This has always been a thing.

I think the joke would be 2 level 50's trying to take out a level 100. I say "in their birthday suit" because there are classes who's evasion should be near impossible to hit for that level difference. 
  • Options
    Real meaningful PvP happens at max or near max level. Best stats, armor, weapons, etc will be waiting for us all at max level. After that the real "skill" comes into play.
  • Options
    So you don't think a game can be made where lower levels can contribute meaningfully to a city defence through player combat? 
  • Options
    So you don't think a game can be made where lower levels can contribute meaningfully to a city defence through player combat? 
    Yes but more in a pve/raid way. PvP within their own level range would have a positive effect as well but would not carry the weight that higher level pvp will. @AutumnWillow