Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Forum Card Game: Letter To The Intrepid Team

13»

Comments

• Options
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

Like the King of Awesome?

King of awesome no but how about court jester :wink:
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

• Options
    SethGure said:
    Varkun said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

More like king of the rebellious teens. By the way, any news @SethGure ?
  • Options
    SelinaH said:
    SethGure said:
    Varkun said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

Sorry it took me long to answer. We're still waiting for an answer. Never lose hope :D
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    SelinaH said:
    SethGure said:
    Varkun said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

Sorry it took me long to answer. We're still waiting for an answer. Never lose hope :D
    I wouldn't lose hope. They will, maybe, approve this project. It could relieve boredom for a good period if done well. Also, king of the awesome confirmed ? 
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    SelinaH said:
    SethGure said:
    Varkun said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

I wouldn't lose hope. They will, maybe, approve this awesome project :P
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    SethGure said:
    SelinaH said:
    SethGure said:
    Varkun said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

I wouldn't lose hope. They will, maybe, approve this awesome project :P
    .Edit: Some bug occured and it posted twice !
  • Options
    @SelinaH It happens some times. It happened to me yesterday, but i informed a moderator.
  • Options
    I would like a peace offering/prevent all combat damage type card named after me if your forum card game gets developed. 

Haha. Thanks!

What if you developed the game without their permission? Have it loosely based on the idea of Ashes until the devs give an approval then you can specify an Ashes theme. 

Are there any implications to doing that where you're from?
  • Options
    Not being allowed to play?

I had a bit of a brain storming session, then realised that I really haven't played any card games for a while, nowadays it's a bit more settlers and agricola.

So no help whatsoever, sorry. And good luck again, I'll be here cheering it on. :)

• Options
    I would like a peace offering/prevent all combat damage type card named after me if your forum card game gets developed. 

Haha. Thanks!

What if you developed the game without their permission? Have it loosely based on the idea of Ashes until the devs give an approval then you can specify an Ashes theme. 

We respect the creative team at intrepid, and because of that, we don't want to make a card game that is Ashes themed unless they give us permission to do so. The game will only use the main archetype/ secondary archetype system from ashes, nothing more. The skills, the way cards blend,  the different game modes, the ranking system, and everything else will be uniquely ours. In that regard, it is not Ashes based. However, the game will have combat cards that are based on Ashes of Creation's Class system. Tank/Cleric, Rogue/Ranger etc( 64 different Cards).. Moreover, to access the game, you'ill need a forum extension. This forum will be Ashes of Creation's forum. Those two reasons are why we need intrepid's permission. 
    - Respect
    - Inspired by Ashes.
  • Options
    This post gets a giant approval !!!! This needs to happen!!!
  • Options
    WOW amazing what I missed when I left for a week!  This sounds exciting and something many of us can sink our teeth, err swords in while we wait for Ashes.

All my Cylver( silver) coated heals and hopes go out to you!

• Options
    edited July 2017
    SethGure said:

Haha. Thanks!

We respect the creative team at intrepid, and because of that, we don't want to make a card game that is Ashes themed unless they give us permission to do so. The game will only use the main archetype/ secondary archetype system from ashes, nothing more. The skills, the way cards blend,  the different game modes, the ranking system, and everything else will be uniquely ours. In that regard, it is not Ashes based. However, the game will have combat cards that are based on Ashes of Creation's Class system. Tank/Cleric, Rogue/Ranger etc( 64 different Cards).. Moreover, to access the game, you'ill need a forum extension. This forum will be Ashes of Creation's forum. Those two reasons are why we need intrepid's permission. 
    - Respect
    - Inspired by Ashes.

I agree with what you're saying. I'd like to clarify that ownership lies with the community or with I.S., not any of "us."  

I know we've talked about this being a community project, and that is a core tenet for me. I look forward to figuring out "what" the game is going to be with everyone in this thread and others who want to participate. 

-tug

• Options
    WOW amazing what I missed when I left for a week!  This sounds exciting and something many of us can sink our teeth, err swords in while we wait for Ashes.

All my Cylver( silver) coated heals and hopes go out to you!

We appreciate the love :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Not really a card fan, but well, I can understand your likes. @Yaviey
    @GMSteven
     my vote's with this.
    as for my card.... idk, just make it very rogue-like. medium power level.
    would be quite realistic, right?

• Options
    Irobot said:
    Not really a card fan, but well, I can understand your likes. @Yaviey
    @GMSteven
     my vote's with this.
    as for my card.... idk, just make it very rogue-like. medium power level.
    would be quite realistic, right?

Rogues occupy a dps role that deals more damage than Fighter while dealing a bit less than Mages, so yes, you're right. That would be realistic :D
  • Options
    Never liked card games myself. I wouldn't play it, but I wouldn't want to block other people's fun. 
    By the way, something random I saw while searching through kickstarter. 
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dungeon-of-doom-handcrafted-game-terrain-by-dwarve?ref=discovery

• Options
    Never liked card games myself. I wouldn't play it, but I wouldn't want to block other people's fun. 
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dungeon-of-doom-handcrafted-game-terrain-by-dwarve?ref=discovery

Wish I had the money for those, I have $1500 in Reaper Mr Bones kickstarter minis, could really use the terrain, but I'm broke atm, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    That's some intresting stuff,  but it looks super expensive for the average joe. It reminds me of my childhood,  Couple of my friends and I would get together to play D$D.