Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Forum Card Game: Letter To The Intrepid Team

A Forum Card Game Inspired By Ashes: A Plea To The Intrepid Team.

Never has an MMO captured my interest quite like Ashes of Creation. For me, the main appeal is in how Ashes sways from the inert, and never changing MMO environment we’re accustomed to, and builds an ever changing world without opting for procedurally generated worlds. For others, the main appeal is in how Ashes puts heavy emphasis on community cooperation by introducing systems such as Nodes, caravans, and in-depth class system. But, something we can all agree on is how this game has captured our imagination unlike any other MMO, and we share that passion with all of you, the Ashe of Creation community. That’s why we’re here with a plea to the Intrepid team.

We are intensely interested in making a forum card game that is Ashes themed. This game will be something like MTG meets HS; however, it will be heavily inspired by Ashes of Creation, using its class system. This game will not be for profit; instead, it will be a passion project of ours. A passion we hope to bring to reality, and share with the rest of AoC’s community as well as the intrepid team. The game will offer various features that we hope this lovely community will find enjoyable. We’re still brainstorming ideas, but we sincerely hope this project becomes a reality and hope that the intrepid team gives us a go. 

What We Aim To Achieve With This Project? 

1. We want to make a fun game that brings the AoC community together.
  2. We want to make a game with enough depth to keep senior players interested while not being too complex to detour newer players from starting. 
  3. The game will be somewhat inspired by AoC. However, over 90% of the game will be uniquely ours. For example, we will be using AoC's class system (Main archetype/secondary archetype), but the way we approach it and what skills we give to different main archetypes could differ from what ends up in AoC.
  4. Finally, we want to make a game with longevity. Something that remains fun and engaging far after the player's initial experience

An idea of how it will be accessed

To access this forum card game, the player will need to download a Google Chrome extension that will enable him/her  to play the game. We made a forum extension that allows users to augment this forum in any of the available ways, so check it out for an idea of how it will work (http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums)

All in all, we hope that the intrepid team shares the same passion we have for this project. We would also appreciate it if they decide to approve it..

@GMSteven

@Yaviey

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017

/signed tugowar

• Options
    Can I be a card?

Like the King of Awesome?
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

Lol, What sort of ability would you have? 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

Awww now I want to be a card too xD
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

• Options
    lexmax said:
    Diura said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

Why did I not see this coming xD
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

King of awesome no but how about court jester.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

King of awesome no but how about court jester.
    That works. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If THEY get to be a card, I want to be a card to!!

lol
  • Options
    Im kinda thinking if anyone at all gets to be a card it has to be @nagash
  • Options
    This has an incredible amount of potential, I hope it gets approved and developed soon! 
  • Options
    What is a forum card game? A game played in forums? Based on forums? 
  • Options
    I made the board for it.

• Options
    @Karthos NICE!!!

MAKE IT SO!
  • Options
    What kind of peices though, I want a plucked chicken token!
  • Options
    What kind of peices though, I want a plucked chicken token!
    Additional game pieces required:
    • Sandal
    • Cookie
    • Bacon
    • Frog
    • Life sized dwarves
    • Skull with glowing eyes
    And a D40000 die (for alpha key rolls)
  • Options
    Good idea, but who is this "We" as mentioned in your letter, I've not seen any mention of this before, so please if your going to speak for the forum, at least open it up to discussion/poll before making such claims.
  • Options
    Good idea, but who is this "We" as mentioned in your letter, I've not seen any mention of this before, so please if your going to speak for the forum, at least open it up to discussion/poll before making such claims.
    I believe he means his compatriots from cohort-gaming. Are you a member? And they forgot to tell you? Shame, shame.
  • Options
    Hmm... If i was a card i would be the Unseen card. You cannot see me, but .......
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    What is a forum card game? A game played in forums? Based on forums? 
    A forum card game is what it sounds like. A card game played in the forums. The cards will be various archetype combinations, and monsters that might, at some point in the future, be in Ashes of Creation. HAve you ever heard of Magic The Gathering. Well, this game will be something like that; however, it will be using Ashes of Creation's class system. We're still brainstorming ideas, but we're very ambitious and sure of our ability to bring this to live.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Couple of my friends including Tugowar, me, and two other developers. Also, we didn't speak for anyone. We just requested something from the Intrepid team. I don't know about speaking for anyone. Hope you understand.
  • Options

This is an amazing idea. I would very much like to play such a game. Boredom and hype for ashes are intense now.
  • Options
    Given that everyone here would love to be a card...if you get the go ahead, can you look at taking suggestions, card entrant competitions etc?

Mine would be something like:
    Megs
    Lvl 1 noob.
    Instantly defeated by anyone using intelligence.
    Skills: vomiting waffle bollocks at any opponent. Applies +9 confusion to enemy.

*sagenod*

Now I get that intrepid is going to be (after the game) all about the franchise, but I can't see how this would prevent any income being generated, though I would not be surprised if your request gets a straight up no, or if you were to get a yes, that you'd be looking at serious restrictions in what you can can't do.

I hope that they do seriously consider it though. Fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Megs said:
    Given that everyone here would love to be a card...if you get the go ahead, can you look at taking suggestions, card entrant competitions etc?

Mine would be something like:
    Megs
    Lvl 1 noob.
    Instantly defeated by anyone using intelligence.
    Skills: vomiting waffle bollocks at any opponent. Applies +9 confusion to enemy.

*sagenod*

Now I get that intrepid is going to be (after the game) all about the franchise, but I can't see how this would prevent any income being generated, though I would not be surprised if your request gets a straight up no, or if you were to get a yes, that you'd be looking at serious restrictions in what you can can't do.

I hope that they do seriously consider it though. Fingers crossed :)
    My colleagues and I share the same hopes as you do. Also if intrepid allows us to do this, then suggestions from the ashes community will be something we're planning to do. Those whose suggestions become part of the game will be invited  to help us beta test the game. 
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    My colleagues and I share the same hopes as you do. Also if intrepid allows us to do this, then suggestions from the ashes community will be something we're planning to do. Those whose suggestions become part of the game will be invited  to help us beta test the game. 
    I wanna beta test this game :P
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    Megs said:
    Skills: vomiting waffle bollocks at any opponent.
    Not sure what that is, but it sounds OP! :P
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    SethGure said:
    Megs said:
    Skills: vomiting waffle bollocks at any opponent.
    Not sure what that is, but it sounds OP! :P
    It's one of the most overpowered skills to ever grace any card game :D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hi @Karthos @Diura @lexmax @Varkun @Dragonpriest @Tokev @XombieCrisis @AutumnWillow @Iscoed @Friesian @SelinaH @Megs @Kratz and to the guilds that you are all a part of, which I know includes at least Ashenguard, Enlightened, Bandit Lords, etc.,

One of the goals behind this game would be to be a community project.  I would hope that all of you and any friends you have that are interested would join a user group to help brainstorm, provide constructive criticism, participate in the design and development process, and beta test the card game.  (You'll learn about Agile in the process ;) )  We want a fun game that is entertaining to help keep the community engaged as we wait for launch. 

It is a lot of work to make something like this!  Before we start, I hope that we can get a nod from @GMSteven @Yaviey that they support a project like this.  

Thanks,
    -tug

• Options
    tugowar said:
    Hi @Karthos @Diura @lexmax @Varkun @Dragonpriest @Tokev @XombieCrisis @AutumnWillow @Iscoed @Friesian @SelinaH @Megs @Kratz and to the guilds that you are all a part of, which I know includes at least Ashenguard, Enlightened, Bandit Lords, etc.,

One of the goals behind this game would be to be a community project.  I would hope that all of you and any friends you have that are interested would join a user group to help brainstorm, provide constructive criticism, participate in the design and development process, and beta test the card game.  (You'll learn about Agile in the process ;) )  We want a fun game that is entertaining to help keep the community engaged as we wait for launch. 

It is a lot of work to make something like this!  Before we start, I hope that we can get a nod from @GMSteven @Yaviey that they support a project like this.  

Thanks,
    -tug

Providing constructive criticism is all i do. Just hit me up once you and your friends get some ideas going, and i will try to provide as constructive of a criticism as i can.