Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Forum Card Game: Letter To The Intrepid Team

Comments

• Options
    I will do my best thinking for you!
  • Options
    I fully support this idea :) I love card games and I think it would be a great feature to have. Might even become an app or parlour game if done well :3 
    signed 
    Diura 
    xD
  • Options
    Can I be Granpa Archangelus, the Angry Theologian?
  • Options
    Aye where's mah Card @tugowar =3
  • Options
    You can be the Lord of Sandals of you so desire :P
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Megs said:
    0/ @Megs, just saying hi to my favourite person in Ashes starting with an M! Long time no speak too, hope you are well! ;)
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    You can be the Lord of Sandals of you so desire :P
    He said "Grandpa".

More like "Lord of Black Socks and Sandals"
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Megs said:
    0/ @Megs, just saying hi to my favourite person in Ashes starting with an M! Long time no speak too, hope you are well! ;)
    Aww, thank you so very much for being so wonderful, and not a beer in sight! 
    I've missed you too.

*attempts to launch herself at @Kratz  for a cuddleplomph*

After four days of heavy thinking and being serious, I'm so happy to be back among such happy positive people.

:blush:<3
  • Options

*cuddles @Megs*

Megs said:
    Kratz said:
    Megs said:
    After four days of heavy drinking and being inebriated, I'm so happy to be back among such happy positive people.

:blush:<3
    Fixed it for ya lassie! ;)
  • Options
    Are we talking about an actual TCG like Hearthstone/Elder Scrolls Legends with graphics and sound effects or more text based driven by a channel bot?
  • Options
    As long as I get an entirely useless card with my name on it I'm happy with whatever comes of this.
  • Options
    The fox wants in!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Zephirius said:
    Are we talking about an actual TCG like Hearthstone/Elder Scrolls Legends with graphics and sound effects or more text based driven by a channel bot?
    The design philosophy will be MVP - minimum viable product.  What is "viable" will be up for discussion.  To make it playable while you are looking at these forums as a browser extension, it has to be a JavaScript / ajax driven game, so there are some limitations there.  Nonetheless, you can do cool graphics and make it pretty fun still!  

Look forward to brainstorming with everyone. :)
  • Options
    Zephirius said:
    We're aiming to have enough visual and sound effects to make the game viable, or to maximize enjoyment according to our standards.
  • Options
    Bannith said:
    As long as I get an entirely useless card with my name on it I'm happy with whatever comes of this.
    As long as i am a card that breaks the game's balance, i will be happy, lol. 
  • Options
    I'd like a card and could it be a wild card, being you won't know what you're getting til you open the box?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    T-Elf said:
    I'd like a card and could it be a wild card, being you won't know what you're getting til you open the box?
    That's interesting; however, it will remove thinking, and in some rare cases, pure luck could win you the game if you get the right card. Although it's not completely out of this world, and i can see how it can be used strategically. I would say add something of this sorts; however, limit the number of cards it can give. Maybe enable it only to only summon(add) cards that can save a game through a certain mechanic. I will think of this later.
  • Options
    Let me know when it's not Google Chrome exclusive.
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    What is a forum card game? A game played in forums? Based on forums? 
    A forum card game is what it sounds like. A card game played in the forums. The cards will be various archetype combinations, and monsters that might, at some point in the future, be in Ashes of Creation. HAve you ever heard of Magic The Gathering. Well, this game will be something like that; however, it will be using Ashes of Creation's class system. We're still brainstorming ideas, but we're very ambitious and sure of our ability to bring this to live.

I've never played a forum card game. But I'm familiar with CCGs and LCGs.

Sounds pretty amazing :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    SelinaH said:
    Bannith said:
    Sad news, we will actively seek the most balanced version of the game; therefore, your fantasy is dead on it's tracks :D
  • Options
    Heres my card 

• Options
    SethGure said:
    SelinaH said:
    Bannith said:
    Sad news, we will actively seek the most balanced version of the game; therefore, your fantasy is dead on it's tracks :D
    Well, can i at least be a little broken? :P
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Heres my card 

What is that card suppose to be? 

• Options
    SethGure said:
    nagash said:
    Heres my card 

If I'm not mistaken, it's the tarot card for Death.
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    nagash said:
    Heres my card 

Tredici is Latin for the number 13. So probably a very bad omen to pull this card.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    SethGure said:
    nagash said:
    Heres my card 

Tredici is Latin for the number 13. So probably a very bad omen to pull this card.
    I'm sure there's a few Dwarves here who've pulled worse.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Karthos said:
    SethGure said:
    nagash said:
    Heres my card 

In fact, I think most of the dwarves here have been provoking that card! Bawhaha!
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    SethGure said:
    nagash said:
    Heres my card 

Unless it's opposite day.
  • Options
    Kratz said:

• Options
    Karthos said:
    Can I be a card?

Like the King of Awesome?

King of awesome no but how about court jester :wink: