Options

Curious

I know that the forums and discord are not an accurate reading of the player base, but I feel that the PvE community has more of a presence on the forums as well as discord.  

As fun as it is to kill PvE players, I do enjoy amazing competition.  I would really hate to be playing an MMO full of carebears who are afraid to die in a virtual world. 

Comments

• Options
    I'm all about pve, lol.  Attack me, I don't mind, I'll do the same thing I do in other games, stand there an dance while you kill me.
  • Options
    I lean strongly towards PvP content. I love to support my guild brothers and sisters during PvE events, but what truly exalts me is to take part to clashes among players. Both caravan and siege systems look very promising on this regard, since in the long run I grown weary of being forced to limited combat areas, like battlegrounds.

What's better than a PvP arena vast as the whole game world? 
  • Options
    I generally look for PvE but if someone picks up a fight, I don't mind hitting back.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I look forward for PvP content more than anything.
    I'm very competitive when it comes to PvP, that's why I hope a lot of mechanics are in the game to express my skill. I like PvE as well, but PvP interact has always been the icing on the cake for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'm leaning somewhere in between PVPe/PVEp. Depends on the content. I'm not the kind of person that 100% of the time is looking for PVP, but enjoy and appreciates good fights over content.
  • Options
    If I'm alone PVE, If I have people with me PVP.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I am usually a very civil kind of person both in real life and in games, so when I play I much rather prefer doing PVE content. However, if someone is trying to pick a fight I'll most likely retaliate hard, or get my PVP buddies to do so, at least haha.
  • Options
    I think that PvE is the best part of the game, but hey if you attack me I will fight back harder than you think XD 
  • Options
    I think it is to early to decide what path I will choose. I'm currently leaning towards PvEp, but once they will show us more combat 'including' PvP combat and it turns out to be really good and exiting, then I might change to PvPe. In some mmorpgs I prefer PvP since the PvP is just great in there, others I prefer PvE because the PvP is terrible. So we will see what the combat will be in Ashes sooner or later :smile:

But I have to admit, the crafting in Ashes sounds really great... Like really great! They haven't said a lot yet about PvP though.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'm PVE or maybe PVEp. I'll see while playing. But my main focus is for sure PVE.
    If I want online PVP I play MOBA's. (LOL, Overwatch, Pantheon etc.).
  • Options
    PEE VEE EEE.

HUMANOID COME.

ADD PEE.
  • Options
    Can I just say everything in equal amounts?
  • Options
    In Ashes, pretty much everything involves PvP conflict.
    And I think everyone is eager to play on a world rooted in PvP conflict.

I think most people on the forums are on board for at least a bit of PvP combat.
    And quite a few prefer to avoid PvP combat when possible.
  • Options
    I love PvE, fighting all the different monsters and seeing how they look is always better than dying by a bunch of players who all pile on (which judging by all the guilds and QQ'ers that I've seen in forums, will be quite a few).. But if I get up to standard, and bored of PvE, I'll definitely take on some PvP.
  • Options
    I'd rather PvE if possible as I don't tend to do that well with PvP but I will if I have to
  • Options
    I enjoy all aspects of the mmo's I play I love PvE and I love PvP just as much its all fun to me, and if both aspects are fun I will be invested in that game for a very long time. A good guild also helps too, nothing better than some pve/pvp with people you know. 
  • Options
    I'm a carebear. 
  • Options
    I'm really not sure where you obtained the idea that "carebears" predominate here. Have you read the same things I have?
  • Options
    There are more PvE players in MMOs than PvP ones, that's a proven fact. It's like 80% of players PvE and 20% PvP.

• Options
    MADE said:
    There are more PvE players in MMOs than PvP ones, that's a proven fact. It's like 80% of players PvE and 20% PvP.

Unless the mmorpg is heavily focussed on PvP, like Guild Wars 2.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Pressed the wrong one.....damn acronyms! :s
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    K.r.a.t.z
    Karate rage attacks the zebras!
  • Options
    So the same letters 'p' and 'e' on the ends of PvE and PvP mean that they participate in the other right?
  • Options
    Not sure where I stand here tbh. In terms of the " Bartle Test for MMOs " : 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_taxonomy_of_player_types

... I'd say that I slightly prefer being and Explorer - its SOOO slight, its insignificant.
    I'm well-rounded / " Evened-out "

• Options
    I recall seeing Post similar to this, but the Link i provided  :p
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    K.r.a.t.z
    Karate rage attacks the zebras!
    If that sticks I'll never buy you a flagon again!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    PvP is more my flavor but, I've seen too many MMOs screw up what they had trying to "fix" problems with previous patches.

PvE was a chore in BDO and I just gave up on the game before I was viable in PvP. Didn't like tripping into the pvp arena near the 2nd town and getting absolutely annihilated by 2 ninjas that were sparring there.

EDIT: Best PvP I've experienced was abyss PvP in Aion (before they nerfed gladiator, made our strongest spear unavailable and allowed an extremely unbalanced server merge/transfer month to occur)
  • Options
    PvP is more my flavor but, I've seen too many MMOs screw up what they had trying to "fix" problems with previous patches.

PvE was a chore in BDO and I just gave up on the game before I was viable in PvP. Didn't like tripping into the pvp arena near the 2nd town and getting absolutely annihilated by 2 ninjas that were sparring there.

EDIT: Best PvP I've experienced was abyss PvP in Aion (before they nerfed gladiator, made our strongest spear unavailable and allowed an extremely unbalanced server merge/transfer month to occur)
    I loved Abyss PvP in Aion especially during the betas and release. Oh the memories! I recall being accused of speed hacking because I got the boots that gave run speed from the pvp store. 

I am not one for pking just to abuse another players experience, but I enjoy PvP as does my alliance. We are moving from Black Desert Online to Ashes when it comes out. I hope some strong PvP guilds come as well
  • Options
    I'm confused about the need for the PVPe and PVEp options...isn't that just PVX? Regardless, there won't be a way to completely avoid any PVP or any PVE, even if you'd prefer not to touch one or the other. That's why Steven refers to Ashes as a PVX game.

Anyway I personally lean towards PVP.
  • Options
    I am excited to play a game with meaningful PVP / player conflict. I do not know where I will stand in Ashes as far as PVE -> PVP and I am interested in finding out.

Also, would have voted but I don't want to support terms like Carebear in the community. I grew up watching the cartoon and loved it. I have yet to meet anyone that is anything close to a Carebear.