Curious

2»

Comments

• Umji said:
    PEE VEE EEE.

HUMANOID COME.

ADD PEE.
    @Umji, I love you.  You make me chuckle.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Azathoth said:
    I have yet to meet anyone that is anything close to a Carebear.
    I picture most MMOs communities as populated by other kinds of bears.

:# 

Personally, I don't mind openly support PvP. I believe this doesn't make me a Ganker, as well as being pro-PvE doesn't make anyone a Carebear a priori. I hope that AoC would be balanced enough, allowing these two aspects to coexist without forcing players to pick a side.
  • its hard for me to imagine PvE without PvP , sonner or later one must die or  get killed.
    edited June 2017
    SoYinn said:
    its hard for me to imagine PvE without PvP , sonner or later one must die or  get killed.
    If you don't die in PvE, the game is too easy.  PvP is not required for death to occur.
  • Rhoqaro said:
    Azathoth said:

Personally, I don't mind openly support PvP. I believe this doesn't make me a Ganker, as well as being pro-PvE doesn't make anyone a Carebear a priori. I hope that AoC would be balanced enough, allowing these two aspects to coexist without forcing players to pick a side.
    Well I'm not sleeping tonight...
  • Karthos said:
    Rhoqaro said:
    Azathoth said:

Well I'm not sleeping tonight...
    Not with the Teddy Bear, anyway.
  • I'm still unsure why a label of "Carebear" is given to someone who doesn't vehemently attack anyone and everyone just because they can. There's no such label for people in life for.. you know.. following the general rules of not being a murder dispenser. Just because my playstyle is different, doesn't mean it's any better or worse than yours.
  • I am a PVX player and enjoy the PVP element.  Atack me and I will defend myself.  If I loose I'll come back with a posse lol.
  • I am PvX player and I find everything fun, as long as I am in good company.
    You will find me everywhere.
  • I don't like queuing into BG's with a PuG group. I actually really hate PuGing. If there is a reason for the PvP like a war between nodes or guilds. Maybe I want to help a friend out by protecting his/her caravan then I am all about PvP. Oh and if you attack me out in the world I will try to kill you. :) If you do not attack me I usually live and let live.
  • tylerr385 said:
    I don't like queuing into BG's with a PuG group. I actually really hate PuGing. If there is a reason for the PvP like a war between nodes or guilds. Maybe I want to help a friend out by protecting his/her caravan then I am all about PvP. Oh and if you attack me out in the world I will try to kill you. :) If you do not attack me I usually live and let live.
    I try and avoid PuG groups myself, especially as a healer, but Ashes is going to promote interaction like no other MMO I've played I think, so it is inevitable. Just a get a guild and a friends list that you trust asap.  
  • Kratz said:
    Pressed the wrong one.....damn acronyms! :s
    K.r.a.t.z
    Karate rage attacks the zebras!
    Kayak Rabbit Acts Till Zombified
  • Cyn said:
    I'm confused about the need for the PVPe and PVEp options...isn't that just PVX? Regardless, there won't be a way to completely avoid any PVP or any PVE, even if you'd prefer not to touch one or the other. That's why Steven refers to Ashes as a PVX game.

Anyway I personally lean towards PVP.
    Sorry that you're confused by the options.....
    I'd personally like to see them punish both sides of the extreme. They talk about punishing players who want to pk/pvp all the time, but I feel that they should punish those who want to PvE all the time. Why punish one side of the spectrum and not the other?  Maybe even make it to where the Mayor can punish players who choose not to defend the node. That would be like refusing to serve your home/kingdom. in times of need. 
    edited June 2017
    PvP with a sprinkle of E for me. I love flexing my virtual muscles on dead players' corpses. And like I do in WoW, I'll plant a thumb down flag on your forehead after I tap dance on it until your flame clicking 'respawn'. =)

Edit: I'm humble until you undo me with disrespect. After that you're on my list for perma-grief and perma-farm. 
    edited June 2017

I enjoy being a crafter and a trader of what is needed. What could be better for me than lots of local combat?

Big love for PVP involving Guild vs Guild, the idea of Node Siege War, hassling rival merchant caravans. Big love for interesting and exciting group PVE. Big love for the camaraderie that those two things build.

Not really a big fan of PVP while I am doing PVE or being ganked while I am gathering materials, but I do enjoy the aspects of the risk and trying to outsmart those "people". Have to say though, if you jump me in the wilds, I'll try to rearrange your attitude and try to teach all my friends how to do the same. ;)

"I'd personally like to see them punish both sides of the extreme."

^^You make little sense with that comment @Ezunkrul87 .^^ People that don't want to PVP at the whim of others are not harming you at all but they are already punished by themselves and you. You are harming yourself and they are harming themselves. The penalties are greater for dying flagged as "noncombatant"

• Nevermuse said:
    I'm still unsure why a label of "Carebear" is given to someone who doesn't vehemently attack anyone and everyone just because they can. There's no such label for people in life for.. you know.. following the general rules of not being a murder dispenser. Just because my playstyle is different, doesn't mean it's any better or worse than yours.

I like the term carebear. I am one and I'm proud of it. 

edited June 2017
    Cyn said:
    I'm confused about the need for the PVPe and PVEp options...isn't that just PVX? Regardless, there won't be a way to completely avoid any PVP or any PVE, even if you'd prefer not to touch one or the other. That's why Steven refers to Ashes as a PVX game.

Anyway I personally lean towards PVP.
    Sorry that you're confused by the options.....
    I'd personally like to see them punish both sides of the extreme. They talk about punishing players who want to pk/pvp all the time, but I feel that they should punish those who want to PvE all the time. Why punish one side of the spectrum and not the other?  Maybe even make it to where the Mayor can punish players who choose not to defend the node. That would be like refusing to serve your home/kingdom. in times of need. 
    Noncombatants are going to be "punished".  Those who choose not to fight back and get killed will incur the FULL xp debt, instead of half if they flag and fight.

My personal opinion is that punitive measures such as those you propose would be more harmful to the game than beneficial.
    edited June 2017
    Azathoth said:
    I am excited to play a game with meaningful PVP / player conflict. I do not know where I will stand in Ashes as far as PVE -> PVP and I am interested in finding out.

Also, would have voted but I don't want to support terms like Carebear in the community. I grew up watching the cartoon and loved it. I have yet to meet anyone that is anything close to a Carebear.
    ^ This.
    The community up to now has been 99% positive, and introducing inflammatory terms for no reason isn't the ideal way to begin a thread. Especially when this game aims to be fun for everyone and every play style.

< carebear. I can still empathise with you, even if I'd plan on tearing you a new one. *innocenteyes*

• @Ezenkrul87, I am also not sure why you feel as though PvE needs to be punished. I agree with some of the other post, if a pure PvE does not help defend the node where they live, and they lose it, that's punishment. They clearly do not want a siege war, they most likely did not provoke the siege war, but they lose to it anyways.

That said, I do hope that pure PvE players realize these things before they start playing. Otherwise, at some point in time, they will have a truly bad experience and that will be unfortunate.

As far as the Mayor being able to punish those that don't fight back in a Siege war, that seems odd. What if I just couldn't be on? What if I hate war? Now some random player gets to choose my fate? Much like a prison sentence w/ Player Jury, I don't think other players should get to decide someone's fate (obviously outside of PvP) and punish them. That's something GM's and Dev's should take care of.

Also, sorry for side-railing the thread a bit with my earlier post, that was not my intention.
  • I'm all about pve, lol.  Attack me, I don't mind, I'll do the same thing I do in other games, stand there an dance while you kill me.
    Honestly I think that is a good outlook on the entire thing. I'm down for pvp, but if someone is going to just PK me because I'm in "their" grind spot I'll join you in the dance and move on.

Just because people choose not to PVP as much as me I don't think they are Carebears. 

• I'm a PvE player mainly, I will defend myself, and call upon friends if I get griefed. hopefully none of that will be needed with the corruption system.
  • Rhoqaro said:
    Azathoth said:
    I am a carebear and proud of it. Carebear is a badge of honor.
    It's not necessarily just about being PvE rather than PvP.
    I would kill nothing if there were other ways to progress at a reasonable pace.
  • Dygz said:
    Rhoqaro said:
    Azathoth said:
    I am a carebear and proud of it. Carebear is a badge of honor.
    It's not necessarily just about being PvE rather than PvP.
    I would kill nothing if there were other ways to progress at a reasonable pace.
    Sounds more like a Diplomat than a carebear @Dygz ;)
  • Riiiight. Dygz, the diplomat!
    I'm not sure there is enough fantasy for that to be believable!!!  :p
  • Yea didnt see a "PvX" option soooo PvEp. Im primarily a carebear but in Eve I loved getting involved in PvP (well, you kind of HAVE to in that game). I see this game leaning that way.
  • I do enjoy PvE but when someone jumps me for no reason I become the HUNTER :|the corruption points will only slow me down but farming you will be more enjoyable O___O

. . .  :)