Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should /ignore be character or account?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Why individual? Because it could be a way to catch spies if you use accountwide ignore.
  • Options
    I also think there should be a temporary ignore option like a timeout for a day, because jerks aren't always jerks :)
  • Options
    Some games have /ignore working on a character by character base, while others block the entire account. I think is should be account based, stopping people from just being able to log on to various alts to harrass, or avoid consequences of being hateful/bullying on one character, then switching to another when they don't want to be ignored for content. And many other workarounds.
  • Options
    Yeah the harassment reason is a good one. Hmm, hard choice really, a good question.
  • Options
    I especially want to /ignore those who use various public chats as their private chat platform.  Spare me. :#
  • Options
    I would LOVE an account ignore option.

If someone is ****** as person than I do not want to hear any of his characters.
    Please make this available.
  • Options
    Both!
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Both!
    A toggle for both would be ideal, but if I had to choose one I would have to choose individual character.
  • Options
    I don't want to speak to trolls and Rtards a second time, sorry.
  • Options
    I would appreciate it to be account wide.  I very seldom use it with the main exception being bots.  I just stop paying attention to pricks, no need to put them actually on ignore.
  • Options
    I wish there was a both option.

I have run into people I argue with and they create new characters to harass me so account would take care of that.

I've also run into people that play multiple characters and spam chat with auctions or trades under one character. Cutting back on spam would help a single character block.

So spam for single, a-holes for accounts.
  • Options
    I'm pretty new to MMOs, but I have seen the weirdo stalkers in action. popular people will be constantly nagged, and when they ignores them they'll simply make a new chars and keep bothering them.
  • Options
    If I've /ignored you, I do not want you hopping on another character just to harass me some more. Thanks, but no thanks. Now, the option to remove /ignore is as handy as the option to /ignore; as someone else pointed out, jerks today ain't always jerks. 
  • Options
    I have put individual as I know people who have several people using one account a family for example, especially on sub games. most family's have an idiot in them (two in mine lol) no need to block the whole family if the rest are nice.  However once you know it is one buffon with several alts an account wide ignore would be nice.
  • Options
    It takes a considerable idiot to make it to my ignore list, but I really don't want to have to ignore multiple characters from the same idiot.
  • Options
    it would be great if we could toggle between character or account ignore, but if there is not a choice, then account.
  • Options
    Wow had it so can toggle it between all toons on ignore list and all accounts on ignore list.  Pretty easy to implement like five minutes of coding max. 
  • Options
    It should be by individual, but keep track of the accounts of characters you ignore. that way if you ignore more than one of that accounts characters it can offer you the option of making it account wide.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Why are we already talking about ignoring people?
  • Options
    Although I would like the option of ignoring a certain character or the account. But if there was only one way to do it, account.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I especially want to /ignore those who use various public chats as their private chat platform.  Spare me. :#
    I totally agree with T-Elf here, these people think they are the center of the universe, if repeated attempts to shut them up does not work yes all means /ignore them. Another system may be but in place that if 5 or more people complain about them and have evidence in the form of a screenshot the game mod need to ban the person for a short time or have it they cant talk in that chat. 
  • Options
    I would simply create two commands,
    /ignore or /i <- for a character
    and
    /ignoreall or /iall <- for the entire account/person
  • Options
    individual of course to avoid Metagaming
  • Options
    Why individual? Because it could be a way to catch spies if you use accountwide ignore.
    Well, if they did like ESO, they would just have your account identifier when you over your crosshairs/mouse over them.

You'd see thei character name above them and in the little window that comes up when you hover over them you can see a "@Dickhead" as an example and that is seen on all their characters.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Account. Because we've all had that one special asshole that makes a new character to message us because they're salty.
  • Options
    I have go with account wide, but not for the reason most would think. I'd like it for the gold seller/spam accounts that always seem to pop up.

Sure, the account gets banned after enough reports, but how long does that really take and how many alternate "fsadjklfsadjkl" have been made in that time frame to keep the spam going?
  • Options
    I'd rather like to have an ignore option for each character, for the reasons stated above (spies, ect).

The ignore should be used if you just don't want to talk to somebody (for whatever reason - e.g. got into an argument).
    Therefore, there should also be an option to whitelist a character again.

If it comes down to harassment, I'd rather like to have a /report function.
    Or an advanced option in the customer service area.

Some people here might misuse an /ignore, when it actually should be a /report.
    Harassment in online games shouldn't be taken lightly by "ignoring" the issue. The issue will just search for the next "target".
  • Options
    I ignored @unknownsystemerror months ago anyways .... J/K <3
  • Options
    If I'm going to ignore someone, I'll have a good reason for this move. And if I'm doing this, I want it to be for all my characters.