Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Might aswell extend the Summer* crowd funding till Alpha.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think close out as they stated earler. Keep changing and changing maked me doubt whst they are saying. If they want to offer packages later (closer to beta) ghen go for it. People have had the chance to fund, lets focus more on putting in goals that were hit in the game. The game will make money aslong as it delievers on promises. 
  • Options
    The way I see it, it's two separate things, one being able to upgrade kickstarter pledges and the other is if you wish to get just the add-ons without having to go all the way with said kickstarter pledge. Since the all inclusive doesn't include all of the perks of the leader of men (and previous tiers) pledge, I can see why they're separate.
  • Options
    Whocando said:
    Lets be honest, the summer crowd funding initiative was a lackluster spit in the pan of developer expectations.

Not at all. Steven himself indicated this was not about a push to raise more money, it was to allow those that couldn't contribute during the Kickstarter itself.

I am incredibly glad they are stopping the crowdfunding... and nothing would turn me off more than if they just left it open forever, like every. other. game.

If they want to crack it open for periodic sales or special seasonal items, that's cool. But nothing constant. 
  • Options
    Lethality said:
    Whocando said:
    Lets be honest, the summer crowd funding initiative was a lackluster spit in the pan of developer expectations.

Not at all. Steven himself indicated this was not about a push to raise more money, it was to allow those that couldn't contribute during the Kickstarter itself.

I am incredibly glad they are stopping the crowdfunding... and nothing would turn me off more than if they just left it open forever, like every. other. game.

If they want to crack it open for periodic sales or special seasonal items, that's cool. But nothing constant. 
    Contributing is raising money...
    hitting 1out of 7 summer stretch goals is a spit in the pan or the face depending on perspective.

Stevens 'indications' have unfortunately diminished in credibility.

I would rather the campaign persist then see another shifting goal post of exclusive* Seasonal prices and recolored skins on a alacarte small fee buffet for original backers.
    Which looks like more money raising to me....

• Options
    Well, if they extend it, I will be able to throw more money at them. So, I woudn't mind that.
  • Options
    Whocando said:
    Lethality said:
    Whocando said:

Contributing is raising money...
    hitting 1out of 7 summer stretch goals is a spit in the pan or the face depending on perspective.

Stevens 'indications' have unfortunately diminished in credibility.

I would rather the campaign persist then see another shifting goal post of exclusive* Seasonal prices and recolored skins on a alacarte small fee buffet for original backers.
    Which looks like more money raising to me....

Or, they do none of that. They will shut it off and come back with a game... new players can buy it then. That's the best option, and closer to what I think they will do.

Zero reason to leave it open.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    the same could have be said for the Summer campaign in the first place. The precedent it has shown is what concerns me most of all. Which metaphorically suggest is, if an awesome truck takes an alternative route to see friends but crashes on the way, you can still sell the contents at a marked up price to friends or at a discount to the people standing around who already funded the truck, while they watch it smolder into obscurity.

I obviously don't expect Intrepid to extend the campaign further, they could quite easily without much if any consequences is my OP.

But clearly it  easier and seems more lucrative to have a truck crash every season with limited goods in tow and people who keep buying them, what's to stop the trend.

Hugs, good intentions and a free wand right.....

Sorry to paint a malicious picture but this sort of thing happens all to often so I don't necessarily believe what I am suggesting but i think it's relevant to express the opinion.

Not doing it out of spite but from concerned consideration.

• Options
    Kumary said:
    In a way I prefer to have it extended until alpha...why? well right now I am in a tight position IRL where I don't think I will be able to buy any add-ons. I however do want some of the add-ons, but RL is 1st and it makes me sad I wont be able to at this moment. If it was extended, then it would give me the time to be able to save up and support even more the game.
    I agree. I am not able atm to participate, but by Sept/Oct will be in a better financial state. I very much want to get in on the alpha or beta but if not would like some of the bonus stuff. Please extend till alpha.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Things would look a lot differently if summer campaign was the first one up, with KS like rewards (and without people knowing there will even be KS), and then KS announced and launched afterwards.

In this scenario, majority would back during summer campaign, while KS would have only small number of backers.

Most people just participated in what came first, and since they couldn't know if there will be anything available after, they used any methods available (even with no credit cards) to squeeze into KS. Like family members or friends paying online for them, while players giving them real cash on hand, etc.

The only way where we could really compare 2 different methods of campaigns would be if they were announced and launched simultaneously.

Only then we would see how many people would prefer KS in contrast to Intrepid website sale.
  • Options
    Ask for a refund and then upgrade to LoM.
    Or just be happy you'll be getting the Wand of Many Things as a consolation.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Dygz said:
    Ask for a refund and then upgrade to LoM.
    Or just be happy you'll be getting the Wand of Many Things as a consolation.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
     I would have liked to see a downgrade option.
     I invested as much as I am prepared to for what has been tangibly marketed and produced.

I will not keep throwing coins into a wishing well.

'Just being happy' and 'consolations' are things that should not have eventuated and are not strong foundations to a stable product or indications of a well planned structure.

Non of these symptoms would be effected if the campaign extended was my point.
  • Options
    Only thing I'm really disappointed about is that we won't likely be getting any of those stretch goals through the website that were not already unlocked, unless it has been said somewhere that the other packages will contribute.  But then I also don't want to be presented with -more- exclusive content I have to purchase further, because I already stretched my wallet hard during KS on the Leader of Men pack.  If they keep introducing new exclusive "pack skins" and "All Inclusive" exclusive packages as $425 add-on bundles, I'm going to start wondering just why that is happening.  At some point, you'd end up investing so much if you wanted to collect it all, that you'd ask yourself why you didn't just get the $2500 pack during KS.  Extending the Summer Sale to the end of August would be a smooth and sound move, I think.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Whatever Intrepid does...someone will be unhappy.  That is all i know!  

Isn't that the truth........
  • Options
    I can't complain. I didn't even know about this game until right after the KS ended so I was pretty stoked about the summer campaign. I understand why KS backers would be upset since they went all out when they had to but i'll just look at it as funding the game. Keeping it positive since it's so far out I don't want to sit around and sulk about something that might not happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Imo the summer thing should probably be what they said.. a way to back the game if you didnt have a creditcard as Kickstarter doesnt work with paypal
    Some standard small founder packs close to alpha or beta would be fine but not sure wether they should do more campaigns. (would vote against myself)
    The problem is that while giving these people money is nice, the more campaigns they do, the less exclusive stuff like Kickstarter items become. (Dont try to tell me that if if there are only 2 colors of horses, the black one will be just as exclusive as when there were 15 colors of horses. Just as limited? yes .. will anyone care at that point? not anymore)
  • Options
    Whocando said:
    I didn't think the original kick starter should have been extended, but it did.

If the summer campaign was just about a warm fuzzy hug then why have a 10k goal limit, it doesn't take a magic wand to see the expected emphasis on funds generated,

So by that (70%) expectation there is no doubt that more dollars was the objective if not the primary objective. The summer campaign feels like a brown bag under the table compared to the kick starter celebrations.

And I am sorry but i don't agree with the limited payment option as an excuse to justify.
    there was ample time and methods to secure alternative payment methods other than credit.

what's the harm to be had now extending crowd funding...the damage has already been done what credibility is there left to lose.

I can say that I have heard speculation of sales apart from the Summer Campaign. What those might include or when they would become available has not yet been released. There could also be a change of direction to not have additional sales. At this time I think we wait and see =)
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    Whocando said:
    I didn't think the original kick starter should have been extended, but it did.

If the summer campaign was just about a warm fuzzy hug then why have a 10k goal limit, it doesn't take a magic wand to see the expected emphasis on funds generated,

So by that (70%) expectation there is no doubt that more dollars was the objective if not the primary objective. The summer campaign feels like a brown bag under the table compared to the kick starter celebrations.

And I am sorry but i don't agree with the limited payment option as an excuse to justify.
    there was ample time and methods to secure alternative payment methods other than credit.

what's the harm to be had now extending crowd funding...the damage has already been done what credibility is there left to lose.

I can say that I have heard speculation of sales apart from the Summer Campaign. What those might include or when they would become available has not yet been released. There could also be a change of direction to not have additional sales. At this time I think we wait and see =)
    Pffft you tease! :p
  • Options
    Belewyn said:

I think more people would be surprised if there weren't any more campaigns than people who'd be surprised if there were.