Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Citizenship

How does this work?

1. Are we restricted to one specific node?

2. How does this effect tradeing? can i trade at another node?

3. do you have full access to every node and city?

Comments

• Options
    1. Yes you are restricted to one Node because that is the Node you've given your citizenship too :3 You can claim citizenship in various ways but the most common method will be by you're "freehold" at stage 3 of a Nodes development  Some more information on housing -> https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33030/information-housing

2. Trading between Nodes is vital to the game :) Some materials/resources are only available in certain areas so you can visit other nodes to access playermade stalls etc. If you need want to sell your materials at another node for more profit etc you can use the caravan system - which is a risk/reward. Risk you could lose your produce to attacking players / reward products will sell higher and will make your more money in a neighbouring node. Some information on trade here https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33017/information-trade

3. I can't answer this 100% yet because we don't have all the details.You have certain access to all Nodes. One you've claimed citizenship to a Node you'll have access to more/special aspects of that Node than a traveller. If you visited another Node you won't have access to their special features. That is why you claim citizenship and work hard helping to develop a certain Node. If you see a Node with features you want, with resources you want around it then that is the Node for you and it's up to you and your community to work hard to develop it and defend it :)
  • Options
    Thank you, i appreciate it.
  • Options
    Flatline said:
    Thank you, i appreciate it.
    You are stuck being a one node kind of guy!!!
  • Options
    Have they said if you can switch citizenship? 
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    Hmm I don't think it's actually been asked, but I can't imagine why not ^^ There will probably be a way to denounce your citizenship (maybe a fee) then you can go declare citizenship elsewhere. I can't remember it being asked in a QnA though :0 Maybe ask for next session?
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    I can't recall if they've specifically spoken to this question.  But given their focus on player agency and the game being shaped by the actions of the players, I can't imagine that we wouldn't be able to move to another city and switch our citizenship.
  • Options
    We can switch citizenship, but there will be some cooldown time.
    Might have to do a quest.
    They don't want us switching citizenship willy-nilly every other day.

I'll try to keep an eye open for the dev quote while I'm going reviewing the Livestreams this weekend.
  • Options
    Dygz said:

I'll try to keep an eye open for the dev quote while I'm going reviewing the Livestreams this weekend.
    Not acceptable it should be easily accessible in your folder!!!   :p
  • Options
    Dygz said:

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    lexmax said:
    Dygz said:

Boom @lexmax coming in like a champ!!!  What are you trying to do...show everyone why you earned an alpha key. ????????????   :p:p:p
  • Options
    Dygz said:

I was about to say, I thought there was something about leaving your node/removing your citizenship. It was fairly early, if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    It will be good to have a mechanic in place that stops the "willy-nilly." I can already think of camping a node at level 2 just to be able to jump on in-town housing as soon as it pops to 3, then flipping the house for profit. They did state that real estate speculation would happen. Trick will be to identify which node is most likely to come out on top of the race to 4, 5, and 6 in your area.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Dygz said:

as always the man with all the answers.... Just wondering that book the mage wields on the videos, did you write it? someone give this man a Alpha pass
  • Options
    It will be good to have a mechanic in place that stops the "willy-nilly." I can already think of camping a node at level 2 just to be able to jump on in-town housing as soon as it pops to 3, then flipping the house for profit. They did state that real estate speculation would happen. Trick will be to identify which node is most likely to come out on top of the race to 4, 5, and 6 in your area.
    I thought the in town housing is all instanced, but the lots out in the wild are the static ones.  Can you sell instance housing, since every citizen can already get it?
  • Options
    Yes, they actually mention being able to sell houses in town and real estate speculation being a thing. Since those that get in when the node is at its earliest will have a chance to buy the first set of houses that drop. They are limited in number, and probably will have a hefty cost when everyone is fresh to the game. As the node levels, more housing inside the city is added, just not as desirable as the first ones. For example, you buy a house inside the village at node level 3 (I think that is first housing appearance, could be wrong). There are 8 houses for sale. At level 4 the town expands, and another 16 houses are added. (all my examples, no numbers have been dropped). If the node is sieged, and drops down to level 3 again, all the people that bought houses when the node was at 4 lose them and would have to repurchase, those at level 3 would keep the houses, unless dropped to 2. So getting citizenship early in a nodes development, having the gold for the purchase, and making sure to help that node level to maximum will have real consequences for profit. Especially if we are able to add vendors to our housing or other benefits that would generate income, people would want to be in the busy heart of a city vs having to run out the dangerous hinterlands to go shopping.