Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Live stream Q&A Question Thread – July 28, 2017

Comments

• Options
    What is the time frame for the summer add on designs / pictures been shown?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Will Gems be part of the in-game Currency ? If not, have you considered it ?

( please not Cash Shop Currency )

Such as, there will be Gold, but " Gems " will also be a measurement of money
  • Options
    Shakacon said:

@ShunexHello,

I have seen the Guild Recruitment forum, but I haven't seen the specifics on how guilds can be created in the game.  I am trying to decide if I want to promote Ashes of Creation to my guildmates on the current MMORPG that I play on (I am the guild leader there).  But, before I do that, I want to have a better understanding on how one can create a guild on AoC.  So, here is my question...

How will a player be able to create a Guild on Ashes of Creation (please give all requirements, not a general comment)?

Thank you for considering my question. :)

We don't know any specifics yet @Shakacon and sadly I don't think we'd will have answers soon but the guild system will be very detailed. Perhaps Devs will answer this on stream but I think it will be a general comment ^^ 
  • Options
    Caravans: Are these NPC or Player driven with the ability to stop, slow, go, speed up, and are they on "rails" or free reign to drive where I please?
  • Options
    If I own a shop on one character can I access it with all my characters and sell stuff?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    How do you want siege gameplay to look like? I feel like many games talk about having siege warfare but they usually feel like large pvp battles that take place in a castle.
  • Options
    How destructible will the structures be during seiges?
  • Options
    Is there a collection tab for vanity items or will they take inventory space?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    My Question:

Will legendary weapons and armor be introduced to each server through specific node quest, or via a secret prerequisite checklist?

Thanks,
    Warkov

• Options
    What level of completion are you shooting for for Alpha, Beta stage releases?
  • Options
    Can I have multiple game accounts under the same Ashes of creation account. Kind of like having multiple Wildstar accounts under the same NCSoft account or multiple WOW accounts under the same BattleNet account. And will I be able to play them at the same time? 
  • Options
    Please tell us more about the GODS. o 
    How many are there? Can you give us some examples? Like God of Healing 3 , God of Combat. Will Clerics all have the same spells but get Augments-Perks pertaining to their GOD   Or will you be BOLD and do all that PLUS give Clerics at least one SPECIALTY SPELL {that relates to their Sphere of Influence} every level or every other level that is totally different from all the other GOD? Every level for Cleric/Cleric but every other level for Cleric/Other. Kind of like the Specialty Priests in The Forgotten seems about right

You said that there will be a RELIGIOUS Organization, kind of like the Backer Goal Organizations, but for Clerics & Possibly Half Clerics, such as PALADINS and that you can Rise within the Ranks of the Clergy. So is it possible become the "LEADER of that Priesthood"? o o o  And will those with the Highest Rank get access to QUEST SPELLS, your D&D fans so you KNOW what I'm talking about   
  • Options
    If there is no dark magic and/or abilities for the classes the game is released with, will AoC have the capacity to change ability/spell visuals to achieve that aesthetic?
  • Options
    Fwuppers said:
    If I own a shop on one character can I access it with all my characters and sell stuff?
    Shops are "set in the marketplace" of each node. Your character must be there to run the stall. You would need to transfer items to your main character if you want to sell all on the same stall (whether that's through a bank system yet we don't know- we haven't got details on how to transfer items from characters in the same account yet).
    @Fwuppers

Can I have multiple game accounts under the same Ashes of creation account. Kind of like having multiple Wildstar accounts under the same NCSoft account or multiple WOW accounts under the same BattleNet account. And will I be able to play them at the same time? 
    We know that you'll have one account for Ashes of Creation. If you want multiple accounts that is okay aslong as you pay for the monthly sub :)@Meudestroy

• Options
    Do you plan on the skill trees being the typical 3-route semi-linear progression, or more branching paths? In other words, what kind of width will we see at the level cap end of the skill tree?
  • Options
    With active blocking and dodging how will this impact different classes? For example, will dodge rolling in a light robe drain the same amount of stamina compared to wearing heavy plate armor? 
  • Options
    We in Russia are very much waiting for this game, I would like to know if there will be localization in Russia?
  • Options
    Will there be a guild tax system? so that guild members will automatically give a small portion of their earnings based on a setting to the guild bank?
  • Options
    Can we cut off trade routes to a node to weaken it before a siege? Or will player contributions be enough to sustain a high level node. 
  • Options
    Will you giveaway Pax Hats to the fans who wants to look cooler?
  • Options
    Ritalyn said:
    Can we cut off trade routes to a node to weaken it before a siege? Or will player contributions be enough to sustain a high level node. 

In one of their discussions on sieges that was one of the things that the siegers could do before the siege to help them out
  • Options
    Will Healers be able to heal NPC's guards during sieges of caravans or nodes?  
  • Options
    If I'm a blacksmith and I make the "Iron Sword of Greatness" 100 times will my character become more proficient at making that sword therefore requiring less mats to make it again?
  • Options
    I ask you to give a bard in the hands of a spear, and not some kind of harp or something in this spirit, I do not see another class with a spear of all represented
    P. S. sorry for Google Translator
  • Options
    Will there be an option to customize an appearance tab for your character that will allow us to mix and match store bought costumes with ingame armor?
  • Options
    Tiamor said:
    I ask you to give a bard in the hands of a spear, and not some kind of harp or something in this spirit, I do not see another class with a spear of all represented
    P. S. sorry for Google Translator
    @Tiamor I'm not 100% sure what you mean to but weapons are not class locked so any class can have any weapon they would like :)
  • Options
    As Diura fielded my previous question, perhaps you'll permit me another.

Caravans sound like an awesome thing to me in concept.  
    My concern is that they will see minimal use.

Will there be certain efforts to build that are literally impossible to complete, without using a caravan? (ie, will the code treat building like a quest, where the quest only succeeds if the caravan is used).  Or will players always 'technically' be able to craft/build anything using materials that they have carried in their inventories. 
    Or will it be a matter of items that are physically impossible to move without the use of a vehicle (to big or heavy to fit in one's inventory?)

I understand a player's carrying capacity for raw or refined materials may be extremely limited.  But to come by these materials is an arduous process and so one does not wish to lose them... a successful caravan raid would be very costly to the artisan and/or the guild supporting him/her.

Let us imagine a guild with 20 people, who need to get a supply of widget mcguffins from Townville to Cityburg.  

If those 20 people are willing to guard the (presumably slow moving) caravan, is that the most efficient/safe way to achieve that goal?

Or would it be faster for all 20 people to fill their carrying capacity, and each travel individually, with presumably minimized risk.

I really would like the caravan system to be a huge part of the game.  I'm just worried that it won't get used, if the risks outweigh the rewards, particularly if guilds can achieve the same result by working together outside of the caravan system.

And now, a mathematical explanation of my question!

Mission: Transport 100 Widget McGuffins from Townville to Cityburg for processing into Lampshade Hangings.

1 Widget McGuffin = 5 pounds
    Player Carrying capacity = 25 pounds
    Caravan Carrying capacity = 500 pounds

OPTION 1: 

1 Player can carry  25 pounds or 5 Widget McGuffins.
    My guild has 20 people willing to help. Each can carry 5 widget McGuffins. 
    In Total 100 Widget McGuffins are carried in player inventories.

We arrive in Cityburg.  Billy didn't make it, he was killed by a bunny, because he had so many Widget McGuffins, he didn't have room to pack a holy hand grenade.

Total Widget McGuffins arriving in Cityburg = 95.   Not bad.  I can make like.. 4 and 3/4s of a lampshade hanging with that!

OPTION 2:

1 Caravan is equipped to carry 500 pounds.  Or 100 Widget McGuffins.
    My guild has 20 people willing to help guard the caravan.

We get attacked by the Guild who say 'Ni!'.  Most of our players survive, but the Caravan is destroyed and becomes a wreck. The enemy loots it!

Total Widget McGuffins arriving in Cityburg = 0.  

Ouch.  Where will I hang my lampshade now?

TL;DR: Will Caravans be worth the risks?

• Options
    Question: 

Do you own the music that you are using in the ashes of creation videos? I've been hearing it in other videos lately. 
  • Options
    @Wraeven I agree that more info on caravan system needs to be put out. But a question you actually want them to answer during the livestream should probably be short and concise if you have ever seen Peter scanning his phone for stuff to answer. They did give you a weight example in "whales" last livestream. Basically in factors of 10. Character 100W Mount 1000W and Caravan 10000W. 
    How do they stop you from getting 10 friends together and with their mules just bypassing the caravan system. Simple, item stack caps. If you can only carry 5 logs (example) in a stack in personal and mount inventory, you have 20 slots in personal, that means you can carry 100 logs max. Caravan has no stack limit, just weight. That would be one way to make using them worth the bother. It is one of the things we are going to test in alpha by doing just what you suggested. Getting people together in a group and seeing just how much they can carry of widgets vs caravan, so they can adjust the system to make one of their pillars not be on shaky ground.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for the answer.  I'm glad to hear there is a plan in place to tackle this particular issue  :)

This aspect kinda reminds me slightly of Wurm, which was a very crafting driven game.  You basically had to have a cart in that game (sort of a personal one man caravan I guess), or your options in the area of building/crafting became extremely limited.
This discussion has been closed.