Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Community Event: Ashes Got Talent

Hello everyone!

If you've been keeping up with the Mods on the Official Discord, then you will know that we've been working to create some awesome events for you guys to continue the hype for Ashes of Creation. We've created a small project known as Ashes of Community, and we made our debut with the Guild Fair. We've also released our Introduction Video to let you guys know what we want to do (Watch Here)!

To continue our events, we are going to be hosting our very first Ashes Got Talent event on the Ashes of Creation Discord. 

The events will be an over-the-mic talent contest, where you will do whatever it is you can do for entertainment. The most entertaining to listen to will be determined the winner. Anything goes, be it comedy (roasting people is allowed just make sure you don't go too far), singing, beat boxing, voice impressions, or if your mic is able to handle it - you could play instruments over it as well.

The winners will be decided by a panel of judges being @Shunex, @Belewyn and this event's Sponsor, @Caedes.

The rewards as of now are going to be gift cards, and an additional surprise to the first place winner. Each contest will end with 3 winners, excluding the surprise, the rewards will be as follows:

1st Place: Ashes of Creation Sweater (Color of your Choice) and Shirt! ~ Gideon

2nd Place: Ashes of Creation Shirt ~ PupGames

3rd Place: Ashes of Creation Hat! ~ Kani

If you'd like to join us for this event, just simply show up to the Ashes Got Talent voice channel. This event will be streamed and made available on the Ashes of Community YouTube Channel!

Good luck to everyone!

The Event will take place on Saturday, September 2nd at 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST

Regulations:

The Code of Conduct placed upon these wondrous forums will serve as a base for the rules in place when it comes to its community events. Any intent of trolling or flaming another member of the community for the intention of bringing them down on their performance, will be actioned upon. This is a positive community event, and will be respected as such. Performances will be at maximum of 2-3 minutes each. We will stop any performance going further than that point.

For Singers:

We understand that you may need some background music to accompany your performance, for that reason we've created a TogetherTube channel. The accompaniment must be instrumental in its entirety, whether official or fanmade.

For Musicians:

We ask that you use your best judgement when it comes to microphone placement. Voice activation will be available for your usage, however please make sure to do a soundcheck beforehand in another channel or your own Discord to avoid any potential feedback or crazy sounds.

For Comedians and Vocal Users:

As posted previously, we ask that you adhere to our community regulations and understand that any jokes deemed too inappropriate (This is a Rated M Community, use your best judgement on that.) will be automatically disqualified. We ask that you don't personally attack any users, however you may target them in your jokes as you see fit. Using said jokes to bring them down will be an automatic disqualification.

Comments

• Sounds like a great time! :)
  • I am very much looking forward to this event! Cannot wait to see some of the talent this Community has to offer. Best of luck to all contestants <3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Wonderful idea to encourage our great community to remain active.  It's apparent that we have many talented people among us!  Looking forward to Ashes has Talent!
  • Excited to hear the talented people of Ashes! 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    my stomach is filled with dread and despair

I have to participate
  • Looking forward to it! good luck everyone who participates!
  • What if you enter as a duet?
  • Sniff well sadly my talent is limited to drawing, however i look forward to hearing the talent within our community! xD
  • Persian said:
    What if you enter as a duet?
    Only 1 prize. I would suggest a mighty battle of the ancient template of demise known as Rock, Paper, Scissors. 
  • Sarumonin said:

Hello everyone!

Anything goes, be it comedy (roasting people is allowed just make sure you don't go too far)
    Any idea where to draw the line, like can you go dark humor and being bit offensive, but not too much?

Sarumonin said:

1st Place: Ashes of Creation Sweater (Color of your Choice) and Shirt!

2nd Place: Ashes of Creation Shirt

3rd Place: Ashes of Creation Hat!
    Got any pictures of these yet/ at all?
  • Exciting times! :wink:
  • Sarumonin said:

Hello everyone!

If you've been keeping up with the Mods on the Official Discord, then you will know that we've been working to create some awesome events for you guys to continue the hype for Ashes of Creation. We've created a small project known as Ashes of Community, and we made our debut with the Guild Fair. We've also released our Introduction Video to let you guys know what we want to do (Watch Here)!

To continue our events, we are going to be hosting our very first Ashes Got Talent event on the Ashes of Creation Discord. 

The events will be an over-the-mic talent contest, where you will do whatever it is you can do for entertainment. The most entertaining to listen to will be determined the winner. Anything goes, be it comedy (roasting people is allowed just make sure you don't go too far), singing, beat boxing, voice impressions, or if your mic is able to handle it - you could play instruments over it as well.

The winners will be decided by a panel of judges being @Shunex, @Belewyn and this event's Sponsor, @Caedes.

The rewards as of now are going to be gift cards, and an additional surprise to the first place winner. Each contest will end with 3 winners, excluding the surprise, the rewards will be as follows:

1st Place: Ashes of Creation Sweater (Color of your Choice) and Shirt!

2nd Place: Ashes of Creation Shirt

3rd Place: Ashes of Creation Hat!

If you'd like to join us for this event, just simply show up to the Ashes Got Talent voice channel. This event will be streamed and made available on the Ashes of Community YouTube Channel!

Good luck to everyone!

The Event will take place on Saturday, September 2nd at 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST

This is a stupid idea that exclude people who have talents that aren't on the mic....
  • If you wanna win, Sing this song:

https://youtu.be/D4SfFTBUSKI

Or this one

https://youtu.be/Cc9LwNQr0JY
  • Make this "Ashes of no Talents" and I'll be sure to win!!! T.T
  • Awww what a fantastic idea! I really look forward to this event! Good Luck in advance!
  • This is a stupid idea that exclude people who have talents that aren't on the mic....
    You could just get one from best buy or amazon ????
  • Caedes said:
    This is a stupid idea that exclude people who have talents that aren't on the mic....
    You could just get one from best buy or amazon ????
    There will be future events planned that are not requiring a mic to participate. Let's try to keep in mind that we are going to have multiple events in the future =)
  • Awesome!
  • None of these things are going to work for me and my crippling social anxiety. Except for maybe playing the violin. This is an amazing event though :) Looking forward to hearing the community :D
  • As soon as I install auto tune talent, I'm in ;) 
  • lexmax said:
    As soon as I install auto tune talent, I'm in ;) 
    I mean if it's entertaining to listen to and it comes through it's fair game :smile:

• SlyFae said:

Oh nice you're going to join as a stand up comedian?  

• Ariatras said:
    None of these things are going to work for me and my crippling social anxiety. Except for maybe playing the violin. This is an amazing event though :) Looking forward to hearing the community :D

You can play the violin if you so desire :) It's all over the Mic, so whatever you wanna do with that opportunity ^-^
  • Sarumonin said:

Regulations:

The Code of Conduct placed upon these wondrous forums will serve as a base for the rules in place when it comes to its community events. Any intent of trolling or flaming another member of the community for the intention of bringing them down on their performance, will be actioned upon. This is a positive community event, and will be respected as such. Performances will be at maximum of 2-3 minutes each. We will stop any performance going further than that point.

For Singers:

We understand that you may need some background music to accompany your performance, for that reason we've created a TogetherTube channel. The accompaniment must be instrumental in its entirety, whether official or fanmade.

For Musicians:

We ask that you use your best judgement when it comes to microphone placement. Voice activation will be available for your usage, however please make sure to do a soundcheck beforehand in another channel or your own Discord to avoid any potential feedback or crazy sounds.

For Comedians and Vocal Users:

As posted previously, we ask that you adhere to our community regulations and understand that any jokes deemed too inappropriate (This is a Rated M Community, use your best judgement on that.) will be automatically disqualified. We ask that you don't personally attack any users, however you may target them in your jokes as you see fit. Using said jokes to bring them down will be an automatic disqualification.

Regulations have been updated for your viewing pleasure :) 
  • I need to work on a stand up routine for Ashes related stuff.
  • Karthos said:
    I need to work on a stand up routine for Ashes related stuff.
    Do it man I'd love some laughs :smile:
  • Guess I can do one of my deep sensual readings of 50 Shades of Grey.
  • Rip my only talent is showcasing others talents. 
  • Wooohoo! just finished writing my piece. Looking forward to this event.
This discussion has been closed.