Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Announcing the composer for Ashes - Bear McCreary

Comments

• Options
    I ADORE his work on BSG. I was blown away when this was announced at PAX.
  • Options
    Valherus said:
    This is a fantastic choice.  He has done so much great work.  People have mentioned Black Sails and Battlestar Galactica,  He also did a fantastic job in DaVinci's Demons.  Agents of Shield has some great pieces too.  Outlander is also fantastic.  I like so much of his work that it is hard for me to choose a favorite.  I think the DaVinci's demons stuff may be the closest to what we might expect to hear in AoC.
    Ima make sure I have my pillow to hug when I play,DaVinci's OST was sexy,and BG OST is a childhood fav.. I can only imagine what worldly sounds he will create for AoC.  :wink:
  • Options
    I love this guy from Battlestar Galactica, and Defiance. what a great choice for this game!!
  • Options
    he's a great composer and I can't wait to see his work in ashes 
  • Options
    Super excited to hear about Bear joining the team, his work is fantastic and speaks for itself! Can't wait to explore the world while listening to his awesome musical scores!
  • Options
    круто
  • Options
    Awesome choice!! Black Sails was amazing, so this only amps me up more for this game!
  • Options
    Great choice! Thats going to be really great :3 Hype Hype eeeeven mooore

Meow~
  • Options
    I am excited to hear the amazing choices that Ashes Executive Officers are making. They have been adding some incredible people to their team. I welcome Bear McCreary and am glad to have such talent on board this awesome game =D
  • Options
    Im so happy to have an amazing composer for AoC. So many people disregard music and turn it off but it is one of if not the biggest element that will draw you into the game and make it memorable.
  • Options
    This is just AWESOME! Best possible choice.
  • Options
    Battlestar Galactica!!!
  • Options
    AHH!! I cant wait for this game to come out! 
  • Options
    Can we get some Lindsey Sterling for some of the Bard spells?
  • Options
    Rohkai said:
    She has been know for doing covers of other game soundtracks so its always a possibility that could happen again with Ashes this time =)
  • Options
    I can't wait to hear the music he writes for AoC and basically the entire community. I'm certain it will be amazing.

• Options
    Really like some of his work, great choice ! :)
  • Options
    EXCELLENT!!! Bear is a great artist! I'm really excited and glad he's joined the project!!!
  • Options
    Rohkai said:
    Big fan, would love to see this as well.

Any idea when Bear is gonna get started and we can get some teasers?
  • Options
    Excellent choice!!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Possum said:
    Never heard a McCreary soundtrack that I didn't like.
    Though Black Sails and Battlestar Galactica are my favorites by far. 

I love his work!  BSG and Defiance were a couple of my favorites.  I'm very excited that he's going to score Ashes.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've not come across him before but I do, and always have, loved the music in the Ashes vids. Excited +2! :)

EDIT: Ok, I was ignorant not unfamiliar, I didn't he did Black Sails. One of the most underrated show themes on TV. Coolio.

• Options
    < ignorant, but happy that you lot are happy so go go Bear! <3
  • Options
    So excited to hear what he brings to AoC!  Excellent choice!
  • Options
    Very Exciting!
  • Options
    Such a wonderful addition...
  • Options
    I like that they bring in a really great guy to do soundtrack for this game. to me it tells that they want this game to not only look but also sound good.
  • Options
    Cant wait to get my hands on this game, looks great and know going to sound great. keep it coming guys.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or have there been no new announcements in more than a month??
  • Options
    i guess he's awesom
  • Options
    Sweet!