Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Community: The Livecast

We are happy to announce that the Ashes of Community: LiveCast will commence October 11th, 2017 at 6:30 PM PST / 9:30 PM EST. Every week, we'll have The LiveCast available at 3:00 PM PST / 6:00 PM EST. We'll be talking about all things Ashes of Creation related, including it's community (of course!), the content being created by others, and events. 

If you'd like to appear in one of our episodes, you are welcome to sign up here:
goo.gl/forms/aCOsDL0fD7NwMa0J3

Lastly, if there are any specific topics you'd like for us to cover, please post them as comment below. We'd love to hear what you guys would like for us to talk about and perhaps even unveil some clues to the game. 

As always, we hope you guys enjoy what the Ashes of Community staff is doing to better grow the community and bring you guys together as a whole.  

Below are the links to the LiveCast locations, livestream channel(s) and YouTube VOD:

twitch.tv/ashesofcommunity
youtube.com/ashesofcommunity

You can also listen to the Ashes of Community: LiveCast in the platforms below:

[Click Here for iTunes]

[Click Here for Google Play]

[Click Here for Stitcher]

More platforms available on:
www.AshesOfCommunity.com

Comments

• Options
    \o/ Good news everyone!
  • Options
    should be fun ^^
  • Options
    Shadow of War is going to have to wait! Nice one! :)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Shadow of War is going to have to wait! Nice one! :)
    But... but... Orcs... ARMY! SMASH!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    topic of interest for me, what i would like to know about is if there are any plans to upgrade/enhance/expand freehold housing! i find this type of housing the most interesting at the moment, as it provides you with your own piece of land which you can harvest crop, proces materials, craft items from self build land and buildings.

since you are only allowed to have 1 of each housing type. i started to wonder how big are these freehold plots, and are there any plans on maybe somehow expanding them? and if not expanding are there maybe plans to put an "upgrade" system in place witch would allow for bigger yields of crops planted or higher proc changes in processing or crafting?

The last thing i would like to know on this topic is, is there enough freehold space for every one. As i understand now servers/realms will hold up til 10.000 people. Since there is only a limited amount of nodes that will actually be active, and have a ZOI. i take if there will also only be limited space available for freeholds? Is there enough space available for 10.000 people to have there own freehold, or will we need to compete over space? And if there is enough space, are you not worried that most people will flock to the most densely populated areas? And if so what can you or will you do to prevent that?
  • Options
    I been trying to get my friends to want to try this game when it comes out or even beta. but they ask me about the housing zone. Since the Nodes can be destroyed would the player housing be destroyed? and if they can what will happen to the stuff the players had in those houses.
  • Options
    Zjoker21 said:
    I been trying to get my friends to want to try this game when it comes out or even beta. but they ask me about the housing zone. Since the Nodes can be destroyed would the player housing be destroyed? and if they can what will happen to the stuff the players had in those houses.
    I heard the devs saying that you will get all your stuff back if that happens.  They said they do not want players to be penalized by losing all their stuff.
  • Options
    ashlynmae said:
    Zjoker21 said:
    I heard the devs saying that you will get all your stuff back if that happens.  They said they do not want players to be penalized by losing all their stuff.
    They haven't decided yet, but they did mention that they might make it so that some of your resources (materials etc) can be looted.
    What's part of the house itself will be returned to you upon destruction tho. 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    This sounds very fun! I will make sure to listen to this :smiley:
  • Options
    Darn it!  I'll be playing D&D, but I will be eagerly awaiting to hear the recording.  Have a good one :p
  • Options

Looking forward to see what you discuss @Sarumonin and @Belewyn - Since you're happy to speculate in this modcast I was wondering if you'd share your thoughts on the synergy between class/race/weapons. There once was a time when racials were a helpful addition but hardly outweighed the importance of aesthetics when it came to choosing a race/class combo. The newer, more progressive MMOs, tend to make a bigger deal of racials. In addition, weapons for all sounds great but in more recent MMOs if you are interested in min/max or becoming competitive in your class then x role would require x weapons. I know that Steven is a big D&D fan so how will this work? Will all races be able to perform all roles sufficiently enough but have different weapons for maximum performance based on race, ee, Elf - Cleric - Staff, Dwarf - Cleric - Long Hammer?  

Apologies if this made no sense at all - my excuse is English isn't my native language. :p 

• Options
    Sarumonin said:
    Lastly, if there are any specific topics you'd like for us to cover, please post them as comment below. We'd love to hear what you guys would like for us to talk about and perhaps even unveil some clues to the game.

Tulnar! Tulnar! Give us Tulnar-Information! Show use some thicc lizard tails (concept art)! Tell us how Sexy Tulnar can be, Sexy Tulnar were talked about at Pax - and Sexy Poses for Characters. Lets have a Sexy Mod Cast. Who is the Sexiest Mod? is it Freduck? or maybe Proxy?

And/or Talk about Bards, we have almost no Informations about them.
  • Options
    How are caravan certificates being distributed? :)

How will player activity be tracked while attacking caravans to be determined how much certificates he will get. Or will all players get same amount of certificates, regardless of their activity?

• Options
    I'll be fast asleep when the modcast is live! I do look forward to the catch up! Hype hype!
  • Options
    Diura said:
    I'll be fast asleep when the modcast is live! I do look forward to the catch up! Hype hype!
    Yeah will be 3.30 AM in Europe. Zzzzzzzzz. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for having me! :)
  • Options
    I'll appear on the next one if you can get @Karthos to commit too! Expect total derailment and ego stroking <3
  • Options
    It was quite funny to listen to ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    It was quite funny to listen to ^^
    Only now getting online. Will spend some time catching up. Glad it was great! :)
  • Options
    I heard a lot of things about the fluffy race ^^
  • Options
    Nice modcast again this week guys and gals keep up the good work, look forward to next week and gratz to our two new mods as well, they both spend so much time digging up information for those newer to the forums.
  • Options
    Congrats @lexmax and @Diura on becoming mods. It could not have gone to better people
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the support guys, we are making some few changes on this project to best reflect our intentions with what we'd love to do with it all. We'll still be live every Wednesday on Twitch, and there will be more information on the updated original post. 

Thanks friends! :) 
  • Options
    I had fun during that podcast. Very entertaining. Thank you Mods for your hard work!
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Congrats @lexmax and @Diura on becoming mods. It could not have gone to better people

wat :o grats!
  • Options
    Some great topics in there today, people really need to form their own opinions on games and not just be sheep following blindly along. Pretty much agree with all of the opinions expressed. Nice work.
  • Options
    I enjoy controversial topics, and obviously sharing my opinion, so it's nice to have a place with discuss topics like this without the asshat haters just trying to cause problems.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Great episode today, minus the fact that I cut out for a couple of seconds. Audio issues always huh? Thanks OBS.

Enjoy:

Also available on:

Brought to you by:

• Options
    On YouTube the cast finishes at 53 minutes and it just seems to cut out there, you guys were still talking.

Good discussion again today, thank you all.