Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How do you want mounts to be handled?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hey,

I would like to see the Mounts stored inside an "account mount store"
    So youre mount isnt about of taking all your space in the Inventory and players like i am are able to collect them and maybe gather an achievment for it. For those that dont know what i mean check this picture out.. that is what i would like to have ingame.

• Options
    If we only talk about storage, I kinda don't care. They already (as I last heard) aren't persistent and will poof away when you dismount, so going with that it can be a summoning whistle, or a spell for all I care. Most of us  will probably only use a few favorite ones either way. (just my personal experience) So the only option I don't want to see is a very limiting one that will disallow me to hunt for all the variations and patterns like the good little hunter I am.
  • Options
    I am also in favor of idea of lesser amount of mounts owned.

But perhaps mount customization (not only cosmetic), so you can fit your mount to your own personal play style. And then you wouldn't need that many mounts to begin with.

Customize mount speed vs carry capacity vs armor etc. More of 1 stat your mount has, less other stats it can have.
  • Options
    @Herdo Well maybe we can bring this up with the developers via a community based poll, or ask them that directly. They likely won't listen but who knows. Even if mounts are item-based, they can still feel somewhat like a companion if some of these suggested steps are taken
  • Options
    @RisingDemise Well, this is a community based poll ;D we're close to 90 votes, and the majority voted for "companion" - even though that majority didn't reach 50%. We just need @GMSteven to read this and our thoughts, maybe he will give us a statement about why they decided to use items, rather than a "mount-skillbook" or companion approach. :smile: Eventually, we can convince them to do something else :wink:
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    @RisingDemise Well, this is a community based poll ;D we're close to 90 votes, and the majority voted for "companion" - even though that majority didn't reach 50%. We just need @GMSteven to read this and our thoughts, maybe he will give us a statement about why they decided to use items, rather than a "mount-skillbook" or companion approach. :smile: Eventually, we can convince them to do something else :wink:
    OR if we are lucky they will already be doing something similiar but they made them items to make it easier to modify stats on them as an item instead of character object
  • Options
    I much prefer systems try to encourage immersion without wholly ruining convienance. Having a mount on you at all times and only being able to swap them at a stable base is convienant enough and also immersive. You still have the travel speed of the mount but you don't also have a million of them in your pocket.