Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will PVP be a focus?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Would love to see a strong emphasis on PVP in the game. Possibly a separate server? is that even possible given the dynamics of the game?
    PvP and PvE are intertwined with absolutely everything in the game, it wouldn't make sense to have a separate server at all.

PvE is required for PvPers and PvP is required for PvEers, both groups need each other and both groups contribute to the development of nodes in their own way.

Lots of people already think there is going to be too much PvP, I think you might be the first to think that there is too little!
  • Options
    Would love to see a strong emphasis on PVP in the game. Possibly a separate server? is that even possible given the dynamics of the game?

I think it might be possible, but it is a very delicate line to walk.  Other games have tried this and had to abandon it or switch to dedicated PVE servers.

History says that all the ideas presented here will probably fail.  The only way I see for PvP to work is to not have ways to quickly kill players and to allow players have a way to escape if they choose.  PVP gangs are very, very good at what they do, much better than your average player, and it will not be fair fights.  Their players are also very, very good at using the rules to their advantage.  
  • Options
    Would love to see a strong emphasis on PVP in the game.

Game is PvX so no need for separate server.

IS just needs to realize that PvX means both PvE and PvP at their full potential.

Rather then full PvE coupled with nerfed PvP. Cause that would not be PvX. That would be PvE, using "PvX tag" as fake propaganda to con part of PvP community to dish out some money as well.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    bflynn said:

PVP gangs are very, very good at what they do, much better than your average player, and it will not be fair fights. 

So you are saying that just because someone is better than you at something game needs to mechanically give him disadvantage so you have a chance? That is really sad...

How about you learn to play instead so you can counter people that attack you?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I can't wait for the asterisk on AoC's future releases 

*Does not conform to Gothix's definition of PvX