Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Pre-order packs are now available in the cosmetic store

Comments

• Hagar said:
    This is not what I was hoping for. Loot boxes before the game is even released.
    You dummy. It's only for skins or mounts. It has nothing to do with skill level or unfair boosting. Unless, someone have a better looking skin than you makes you feel inadequate? If so, grow up. Enjoy the game for what it is, not what you see on other players.
  • I don't hate this decision. I am all for additional funding of the games development, and as long as it's all cosmetic in nature, that is fine with me.
  • Elder said:
    JaPeMo said:
    Sorry but in Star Citizen you buy a ship with stats, same stats that when Star Citizen will be in release.
    You don't have any advantage over others players. Only if you buy a ship or pledge with real money before release, same that here.

Regards
    Everything in the packages is cosmetic?
    Yes, everything in any package, whether is Kickstarter, Summer Backing, PAX, or the current packages up on the store is purely cosmetic. If there is something that isn't, please point it out. Just to make it clear one more time for those with limited English or reading comprehension. Every single pet, mount, ship, freehold listed in the packages is a cosmetic skin that will/can be applied to existing pets, mounts, ships, freeholds that you have to acquire in game first. The only exception to this is the cosmetic pets that can be summoned from level 1. They have no stats and are purely cosmetic. Your Star Citizen analogy is just plain wrong. There you can buy limited edition ships with more stats and power than what will be available to someone who doesn't buy them and tries to get in game. The same with ship weapons and shields. By spending real money you gain a power advantage over someone who doesn't spend money in the game store, the definition of p2win. There is absolutely nothing on offer so far that gives you an advantage over another player, other than looking different in Ashes.
    Hagar said:

Loot boxes are when a company offers you a chance at cosmetics or p2win items if you spend real money to buy them. If you open them and the contents are random, that is a loot box. A package where you buy something and you know exactly what you are getting is not a loot box. Think of it like buying an airline ticket. If the airline tells you to get on the plane, then flies you to some random location, or kicks you out the door at 20,000 feet, that is a loot box. If you buy a ticket to Paris, and they fly you to Paris, that is not a loot box.
  • Elder said:
    JaPeMo said:
    Sorry but in Star Citizen you buy a ship with stats, same stats that when Star Citizen will be in release.
    You don't have any advantage over others players. Only if you buy a ship or pledge with real money before release, same that here.

Regards
    Everything in the packages is cosmetic?
    Yes, everything in any package, whether is Kickstarter, Summer Backing, PAX, or the current packages up on the store is purely cosmetic. If there is something that isn't, please point it out. Just to make it clear one more time for those with limited English or reading comprehension. Every single pet, mount, ship, freehold listed in the packages is a cosmetic skin that will/can be applied to existing pets, mounts, ships, freeholds that you have to acquire in game first. The only exception to this is the cosmetic pets that can be summoned from level 1. They have no stats and are purely cosmetic. Your Star Citizen analogy is just plain wrong. There you can buy limited edition ships with more stats and power than what will be available to someone who doesn't buy them and tries to get in game. The same with ship weapons and shields. By spending real money you gain a power advantage over someone who doesn't spend money in the game store, the definition of p2win. There is absolutely nothing on offer so far that gives you an advantage over another player, other than looking different in Ashes.
    Hagar said:

Loot boxes are when a company offers you a chance at cosmetics or p2win items if you spend real money to buy them. If you open them and the contents are random, that is a loot box. A package where you buy something and you know exactly what you are getting is not a loot box. Think of it like buying an airline ticket. If the airline tells you to get on the plane, then flies you to some random location, or kicks you out the door at 20,000 feet, that is a loot box. If you buy a ticket to Paris, and they fly you to Paris, that is not a loot box.
    I was telling him that everything was cosmetic, the ? was intended sarcastically. As in, everything is cosmetic so why are you comparing it to SC. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Chudyie said:
    Hagar said:
    You dummy. It's only for skins or mounts. It has nothing to do with skill level or unfair boosting. Unless, someone have a better looking skin than you makes you feel inadequate? If so, grow up. Enjoy the game for what it is, not what you see on other players.
    You don't think he was thinking more about the randomness of the bonus entries? I don't think it's a big deal but any rng sets off alarms for me.  :D
  • Sorry Elder..sarcasm and irony are hard to interpret in written form without verbal or body language cues. I usually add something like <sarcasm on> or <irony off> to the end of my statements now after having so many of them misinterpreted.
  • Your Star Citizen analogy is just plain wrong. There you can buy limited edition ships with more stats and power than what will be available to someone who doesn't buy them and tries to get in game. The same with ship weapons and shields. By spending real money you gain a power advantage over someone who doesn't spend money in the game store, the definition of p2win.

Sorry but this not true.
  • JaPeMo said:
    Your Star Citizen analogy is just plain wrong. There you can buy limited edition ships with more stats and power than what will be available to someone who doesn't buy them and tries to get in game. The same with ship weapons and shields. By spending real money you gain a power advantage over someone who doesn't spend money in the game store, the definition of p2win.

Sorry but this not true.
    Then don't deny someones claim without backing yours up.

I've read the entire argument and what USE said is true.

All you did was claim AoC is becoming like SC, without giving an example of why you think so. This smells like you have no arguments to back your claim up. And rightfully so, because AoC is nothing like SC.

Star Citizen is a great example of a scam. Development started when, 2010 or 2011? Release was scheduled for 2014, then delayed, then delayed again and now there isn't even a scheduled release anymore. This reminds me of all those indiegogo electronics that take the money and never deliver a product or working prototype.

If the bonus entries are fishy to you, then please, why didn't you complain about backer rewards? Aren't they unfair?
    Some random guy who browsed Kickstarter and found AoC had the chance for lifetime subs and nice rewards. By the time I heard about it, and I heard about the game early, kickstarter was already over.

That is definitely like Star Citizen, taking peoples money for overpriced p2w ships and not delivering. What you get in AoC does not even have stats on them. /sarcasm
  • JaPeMo said:
    Your Star Citizen analogy is just plain wrong. There you can buy limited edition ships with more stats and power than what will be available to someone who doesn't buy them and tries to get in game. The same with ship weapons and shields. By spending real money you gain a power advantage over someone who doesn't spend money in the game store, the definition of p2win.

Sorry but this not true.
    From my understanding you will be able to use the ships you buy in Star Citizen as soon as it's released. And if that's the case then yes, you buy power in Star Citizen because a person that starts with a much better ship (In the form of loadouts etc) will have an advantage over someone with a more basic ship.

This is not the case with Ashes, because everything are skins you apply to existing mounts/ships, etc. 
    The only thing remotely close to an advantage is the head start, but that all depends on the experience gain, because any information the head starters find will be shared due to streamers.
  • I'm just here reading all of the bad points while I'm just thanking the devs for the best present ever 
  • nagash said:
    I'm just here reading all of the bad points while I'm just thanking the devs for the best present ever 
    I'm cursing and thanking them. Don't see the issues with the cosmetics, except that my wallet will be much lighter in January :wink:
  • Probably buying the 500 dollars one.
    Looking foward to playing this game.
  • nagash said:
    I'm just here reading all of the bad points while I'm just thanking the devs for the best present ever 
    I'm cursing and thanking them. Don't see the issues with the cosmetics, except that my wallet will be much lighter in January :wink:
    well there is that point  ;)
  • The only thing remotely close to an advantage is the head start, but that all depends on the experience gain, because any information the head starters find will be shared due to streamers.
    Head start backers are planned to have their own servers; and server transfers likely won't be "easily accessible".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/faqs

edited December 2017
    lexmax said:
    The only thing remotely close to an advantage is the head start, but that all depends on the experience gain, because any information the head starters find will be shared due to streamers.
    Head start backers are planned to have their own servers; and server transfers likely won't be "easily accessible".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/faqs

I know this but they still get an advantage on those servers if anyone else (friend, etc, guildies) decides to roll there. Personally I don't think it'll be a big deal seeing as nodes will be deactivated (from what's been discussed) and levels aren't everything.
  • Just bought the 500 one. Necro 4 Life!!!
  • I'm glad there are people willing to pay for this fluff to infuse some extra working capital into Intrepid's coffers. It all seems pretty pointless to me though...
  • BCGiant said:
    Just bought the 500 one. Necro 4 Life!!!
    give me  a bonny hug 

• i'm a backer from back on the first time you guys offered the backer packages last summer. Any "DISCOUNTS" for us that want to add these pckgs to our original pledge?
  • @Craighton32 we are waiting for further information from Steven if there are any package discounts. However, backers will be able to purchase individual cosmetics as addons for around $5-$20 each.
  • Kickstarter backers automatically get 15 entries or do they have to buy to get those 15 entries?
  • They get 15 entries without having to purchase is how I understand it @aeunexcore
    edited December 2017
    lexmax said:
    They get 15 entries without having to purchase is how I understand it @aeunexcore

If that's the case, good.  That's how I understood it as well.  I just wanted to make sure there's no "catch".
    edited December 2017
    lexmax said:
    They get 15 entries without having to purchase is how I understand it @aeunexcore
    I can already smell the plague must be a Skaven close by
  • I can't see the store very well - it's practically black writing (dark gray), on a black background, and everything is skewed...

...Anybody else having this problem?
    And how do I fix it?
  • Caelron said:
    I can't see the store very well - it's practically black writing (dark gray), on a black background, and everything is skewed...

...Anybody else having this problem?
    And how do I fix it?
    Try clearing your browser cache. The image in my OP is what you should see on all of the main browsers.
  • Goodbye savings. rip :scream:
  • FliP said:
    JaPeMo said:

Sorry but this not true.
    Then don't deny someones claim without backing yours up.

I've read the entire argument and what USE said is true.

All you did was claim AoC is becoming like SC, without giving an example of why you think so. This smells like you have no arguments to back your claim up. And rightfully so, because AoC is nothing like SC.

Star Citizen is a great example of a scam. Development started when, 2010 or 2011? Release was scheduled for 2014, then delayed, then delayed again and now there isn't even a scheduled release anymore. This reminds me of all those indiegogo electronics that take the money and never deliver a product or working prototype.

If the bonus entries are fishy to you, then please, why didn't you complain about backer rewards? Aren't they unfair?
    Some random guy who browsed Kickstarter and found AoC had the chance for lifetime subs and nice rewards. By the time I heard about it, and I heard about the game early, kickstarter was already over.

That is definitely like Star Citizen, taking peoples money for overpriced p2w ships and not delivering. What you get in AoC does not even have stats on them. /sarcasm
    Star Citizen started early development in late 2012 for starters. It started true full development in 2014 after locking down features and creating the studios that would be required to make the game. Star Citizen is actually not a scam, calling it a scam would be like calling water dry... or the earth flat. It has the most open development in gaming history.

Bashing Star Citizen blindly is upsetting, people blindly bash most crowd funded games, but bashing a crowd funded game.... in a crowd funded game forum is a different form of tacky. I don't know if most people have any clue what it takes to make a game from the ground up. It is sad, so many people just blindly follow hate these days. 
  • Mazikar said:
    -snip-
    Star Citizen started early development in late 2012 for starters. It started true full development in 2014 after locking down features and creating the studios that would be required to make the game. Star Citizen is actually not a scam, calling it a scam would be like calling water dry... or the earth flat. It has the most open development in gaming history.

Bashing Star Citizen blindly is upsetting, people blindly bash most crowd funded games, but bashing a crowd funded game.... in a crowd funded game forum is a different form of tacky. I don't know if most people have any clue what it takes to make a game from the ground up. It is sad, so many people just blindly follow hate these days. 
    And yet you only decided to quote me, and not the person that is bashing the crowdfunded game on whose forum you are currently on. Sorry, due to that, I can't take your argument seriously.

I'll just leave this quote here for you to think about.
    "Development of Star Citizen began in 2011[3] and was originally planned for a release in 2014, and again in 2016. As of 2017, there is no official release date, and the game is still in active development. Squadron 42 was originally announced for a late 2015 release, but was delayed. As of December 2017, there is no definite release date."
    Source

Not even Bless has been in development for that long and unlike Star Citizen, Bless is actually released and is going to be released on Steam soon.
    All I can say about Star Citizen is that they grabbed a bunch of money, sold a bunch of virtual property and have delayed the scheduled release multiple times without providing a product. This is more leaning towards a scam than anything else.

With the crowdfunding they got, there is no excuse for not having a product after 6 years of development. Black Desert only took a million USD to develop, let that sink in.
  • Elder said:
    Chudyie said:
    jason90 said:
    hi, 
    I have Braver of Worlds from kickstarter. can I still get Leader of Men? :/ 
    Which Kickstarter? If the first one, then yes.
    I think he was asking because the option to upgrade is no longer in the store.
    yes I want an update...comes the option back?
This discussion has been closed.