Pre-order packs are now available in the cosmetic store

13

Comments

  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    FliP said:
    Mazikar said:
    -snip-
    Star Citizen started early development in late 2012 for starters. It started true full development in 2014 after locking down features and creating the studios that would be required to make the game. Star Citizen is actually not a scam, calling it a scam would be like calling water dry... or the earth flat. It has the most open development in gaming history.

    Bashing Star Citizen blindly is upsetting, people blindly bash most crowd funded games, but bashing a crowd funded game.... in a crowd funded game forum is a different form of tacky. I don't know if most people have any clue what it takes to make a game from the ground up. It is sad, so many people just blindly follow hate these days. 
    And yet you only decided to quote me, and not the person that is bashing the crowdfunded game on whose forum you are currently on. Sorry, due to that, I can't take your argument seriously.
    OMG!!!! Why you need that the other people take your argument seriously?

    @Mazikar was correct with star of development... and Star Citizen is the game of games, RSI industries was development tecnologies in game industries.

    Now I ask you... How many time to development Diablo 3? or like diablo, there are a lot of games with more years of development. The problem is be clear in this development.

    I would like that Gold of Ashes come in finish 2018 or start 2019 fo play because I like this game, I'm KS backer and I believe in Intrepid Studios development. BUT, not all decisions like to all members. All comments are valid, becouse my opinion not more important than other member. Is the same.

    My comment about Ashes comparing with SC (I'm backer too) is only about collect more and more money...

    Only was a comment about collect money.

    Regards!!!!
  • I think it's cool to give more people a chance at getting neat cosmetics and game time. :)
  • Or why not do this: for current backers with pledges that include "Lifetime Subs" why not give the playtime discount offered on those pkgs you are currently offering?
    Say for example: a 500 dllr cosmetic pckg Minus the 160 dlls for a total of 340 dlls?
    Not interested in the playtime addition, just the cosmetics since i already have a lifetime sub.
  • Or why not do this: for current backers with pledges that include "Lifetime Subs" why not give the playtime discount offered on those pkgs you are currently offering?
    Say for example: a 500 dllr cosmetic pckg Minus the 160 dlls for a total of 340 dlls?
    Not interested in the playtime addition, just the cosmetics since i already have a lifetime sub.
    Why not just wait for the cosmetics to become available as a separate purchase in January as planned.
  • @FliP What can I say other than you are 100% wrong with your assessment of Star Citizen. You are also entitled to being 100% wrong... but I am 100% entitled to tell you how wrong you were when they launch the game. Of course you will have excuses.
  • Thanks to everyone for their feedback and passion for this game. May I suggest that discussion in this thread stay on the topic of Ashes of Creation pre-order packages :) <3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    sorry bout that
  • $25 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $50 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $100 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $150 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    Is this a bad joke, or what? You call selling in game money not a P2W? This is pure hypocrisy...  Unless each payed month of subscription will give everyone (not only those, who buy packs before gamestart) same amount of "marketplace credits", which already isn't true for 6 months pack. 

  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Awe said:

    $25 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $50 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $100 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $150 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    Is this a bad joke, or what? You call selling in game money not a P2W? This is pure hypocrisy...  Unless each payed month of subscription will give everyone (not only those, who buy packs before gamestart) same amount of "marketplace credits", which already isn't true for 6 months pack. 

    Embers are the currency used for the cosmetic cash shop.  >:)
  • JaPeMo said:
    Sorry but in Star Citizen you buy a ship with stats, same stats that when Star Citizen will be in release.
    You don't have any advantage over others players. Only if you buy a ship or pledge with real money before release, same that here.

    Regards
    The difference is that if this is a skin.. then you first need to get a certain ship to apply the skin to, thus you have to spend the same time playing (while you do have a cosmetic advantage).
    In Star Citizen, if you buy a fucking death star... you start with a fucking death star :D
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    @Timeraider are you readed this post? :
    lexmax said:
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback and passion for this game. May I suggest that discussion in this thread stay on the topic of Ashes of Creation pre-order packages :) <3)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    JaPeMo said:
    @Timeraider are you readed this post? :
    lexmax said:
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback and passion for this game. May I suggest that discussion in this thread stay on the topic of Ashes of Creation pre-order packages :) <3)
    He was still talking about the cash shop. He wasn't off-topic.  >:)
  • Elder said:
    Awe said:

    $25 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $50 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $100 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $150 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    Is this a bad joke, or what? You call selling in game money not a P2W? This is pure hypocrisy...  Unless each payed month of subscription will give everyone (not only those, who buy packs before gamestart) same amount of "marketplace credits", which already isn't true for 6 months pack. 

    Embers are the currency used for the cosmetic cash shop.  >:)

    They are overcomplicating... This gives wrong thoughts to people like me >:)

    Wouldn't imagine "in-game marketplace" to be a cosmetics shop.. myself...ever...

  • Hagar said:
    This is not what I was hoping for. Loot boxes before the game is even released.
    You are not forced to buy them. They for the gullible players with deep pockets. I just hope this game does not turn into " Fashions of Creation".


  • Im saving for that $150 Beta 2!!!
  • Awe said:
    Elder said:
    Awe said:

    $25 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $50 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $100 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    $150 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)

    Is this a bad joke, or what? You call selling in game money not a P2W? This is pure hypocrisy...  Unless each payed month of subscription will give everyone (not only those, who buy packs before gamestart) same amount of "marketplace credits", which already isn't true for 6 months pack. 

    Embers are the currency used for the cosmetic cash shop.  >:)

    They are overcomplicating... This gives wrong thoughts to people like me >:)

    Wouldn't imagine "in-game marketplace" to be a cosmetics shop.. myself...ever...

    They have stated many times over... The cash shop is only cosmetic. 

    Hagar said:
    This is not what I was hoping for. Loot boxes before the game is even released.
    You are not forced to buy them. They for the gullible players with deep pockets. I just hope this game does not turn into " Fashions of Creation".


    I don't know... There are a lot of people myself included currently playing the real end game final fashion xiv or glamour fantasy xiv take your pick. Joking aside glamour or transmog or costume slots add customization to the game and it's not a bad thing. 

    Nothing offered in these packages give anyone an advantage over others and thats the key thing here. You do not have to buy anything from the cash shop and by not doing so you are no less worse off than anyone else with "deep pockets" because at the end of the day... It's a costume to be applied to something earned in game. 
  • I do have to say KUDOS for not selling life time subs again!  :)
  • Do we have a set date or even an estimate on when Alpha 1 will take place? I need to save up $500 before that and buy the pre-order package >.<
  • @Asgaraath alpha 1 is scheduled for 2018, possibly nearer the end of the year. We have no more specific info on it than that at the moment.
  • lexmax said:
    @Asgaraath alpha 1 is scheduled for 2018, possibly nearer the end of the year. We have no more specific info on it than that at the moment.
    Appreciate the quick response! That's more than enough time for me:)
  • If i own the PAX cosmetics (worth 40$) how could I exchange it for a pre-order pack (worth at least 75$) ? I will get a discount or something ? Thanks.
  • I think the pax cosmetic pack was more of an addon (I could be mistaken). But maybe they can refund you? and that way you could buy the $75 if you want that instead? Could try asking support.
  • I love it!
    im gonna get myself one at the end of the month!
    so hopefully they can get the game even better than it is already! :)

    Cheers
    Seratox


  • If i own the PAX cosmetics (worth 40$) how could I exchange it for a pre-order pack (worth at least 75$) ? I will get a discount or something ? Thanks.
    Intrepid are going to introduce a way to exchange PAX packages for pre-order packs. More info should be released on this early in the new year.
  • My one question is this. Is there a deadline to get the packages, if so what is the time line for each?
  • The cosmetics in the packs should last for a month before they are changed. So I'd expect the current cosmetics to be available until sometime in January.
  • You are not forced to buy them. They for the gullible players with deep pockets. I just hope this game does not turn into " Fashions of Creation".


    As Long as the shop isnt p2w , im happy about it . Let it be fashions of creation > p2w of creation :smile:
  • lexmax said:
    The cosmetics in the packs should last for a month before they are changed. So I'd expect the current cosmetics to be available until sometime in January.

    Ok thx, my wife will not let me do the 500 one. HAHA But maybe I can talk her into the next one down. Worst case for me, I will be in the Beta only. That I am getting no matter what.
  • Granthor said:
    lexmax said:
    The cosmetics in the packs should last for a month before they are changed. So I'd expect the current cosmetics to be available until sometime in January.

    Ok thx, my wife will not let me do the 500 one. HAHA But maybe I can talk her into the next one down. Worst case for me, I will be in the Beta only. That I am getting no matter what.
    You may be able to upgrade your packs down the road? Worth asking. I could see the positive in having a system like that, gives those that can't afford it right away a way to slowly work towards alpha 1 access.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    The cosmetic that looks rly badass to me is that ship. The costume and the freehold skin look at least interestiing. But 500 bucks .. not even close to realistic for me xD


    Edit. A skin like that for a big ship would be amazing oO
This discussion has been closed.