Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What mmo's are you currently playing?

I was just wondering where the community of Ashes of Creations came from. I have been playing The Elder Scrolls Online now and really enjoyed that game, but I long for a game where the devs listen to the community and I think this is the case with AoC.

Comments

• Options
    ESO and Final Fantasy 14 are my main staples atm. I do play some other things here and there, just to keep myself from getting burnt out and bored.
  • Options
    None at the moment as there is nothing that I currently enjoy that is not already falling to pieces.
  • Options
    I have played ESO from beta have gotten real bored with it. also started replaying AION a little again
  • Options
    Jumped back into EQ2 for a sec this past month; the gear-stat-bloat is out of control.

For those that have played; since 'Potency' was introduced as a stat back several years ago, it's gone from < 100 to now over 50,000+... I thought it was bad last year when people with just normal, trash, gear could get to 10k.. Now out of the box, for free (in a crate at the start of the expansion) is a set that start you out at 30k..

Sorry /rant off... :)
  • Options
    waiting for tera to hit console so I can see how much the community complains about the dungeons being too difficult :D oh boy their screams of agony and pain will be glorious
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    None, I'm waiting for Alpha 1. (Changed now, doing ESO until I can stream A1 and A2). Will probably drop ESO when A2 is out.
  • Options
    I'm Currently playing Archeage while i wait for Alpha 1

But I don't come from Archeage, I was not playing any MMOG before I knew about ashes.
  • Options
    Last MMORPG I played for any meaningful length of time is Landmark.

Devs always listen to the community.
    There will always be stuff the devs will change for the community and stuff the devs won't change.
  • Options
    Still WoW for now though been drifting on and off of it for other MMOs like I tend to do, waiting to see what comes out in 2018 to "fill the void" as it were whilst I wait for AoC. Here's looking at you, Crowfall! 
  • Options
    Still playing ESO and probably will be until ashes becomes a more permanent thing later in beta or such. It is mainly the small group of friends I play with that has kept me going with ESO. All we seem to do now is pvp, get our small bad together and try to make our beloved AD faction great again.
  • Options
    Glory to the queen!
  • Options
    It's been a long road...

I've gone from GW to GW2 for a long time... then things fell apart, and kind of stopped progressing in a fun (for me) way. I went to BDO after that with all my friends, but after a few months of life skills, I tried to get into the combat and found nothing but an ENDLESS grind (gotta love korean MMOs). We then tried out Revelation online, but having limits on how many times a day you could do something (sometimes just once) meant I couldn't play with my friends and play on off hours... and doing solo content as an almost pure healer was rough. Somewhere in the middle we tried Warframe (not an RPG, but still lots of people)... too many things locked behind a grind of leveling up all warframs and weapons in the game. The gotta catch em all grind was real... I got into FFXIV by myself after that... not bad, but the story / vast number of solo instanced quests sucked (again, healer)... plus most quests were run across the map to talk to one person for two sentences, then run all the way back. Spent more time running than any kind of combat. Some of my friends went "back to" WoW for about a month (knew that wouldn't last)....

So long story short (too late).... none right now. 
  • Options
    Neopets.
  • Options
    I'm not really playing much at the moment. Occasionally I play Neocron but its so buggy now I don't play it much at all. It will always have a place in my heart though. I stopped playing Everquest 2 when Daybreak bought it up due to the low amount of players to be honest but also it was not quite the same as it was. One other thing I am playing at the moment is Path of exile. Its getting a bit tough now but its compulsive playing like Diablo 2. I play a witch that raises zombies to fight for her. 
  • Options
    None :/
  • Options
    Currently The Secret World.  Sucks that it's pay to win now, I remember when it wasn't that was good times.
  • Options
    Currently going between WoW and Archeage.  Did BDO for a while, but didn't really like it.  Guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for AoC.

• Options
    WoW, Revelations Online, GW2.
  • Options
    still playing and enjoying ESO and LOTRO  at times as well. i tried to go back to WOW but i just couldnt get into it anymore. just picked up Elite Dangerous on steam so i will tinker with that for a while. 

non MMO i will be playing a load of Kingdom Come Deliverance when that releases in February :smiley:
  • Options
  • Options
    I just started up Albion Online a few days ago after finally giving up on the fact that AoC won't come out until next year. Blade & Soul was fun for a bit but I couldn't immerse myself in that world. BDO is beautiful but the world is complex and I don't care for the narrative -- it felt too overwhelming. 

Albion is great so far though. No skill points to spend. You can play any class and mix and match any weapons, but you have to gather the resources to build the class' gear and actually grind the activity. 100% experience based. I love that. I was really hoping it would be like that for AoC instead of spending a skill point earned from experience.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Played dozens of MMOs for a ton of time (over a decade). No point to list them all.

I can just say that MMOs that had most impact on me, and that I loved the most were Vanilla WoW and (original, old) The Secret World. (Secret World Legends remake is total crap).

old TSW had the best PvE ever, not only questing and lore, but theory crafting, build making, importance of team play and sync. It was the only game that I played where skills mattered so much more than gear, where player in full blue gear could perform 500% more efficient than player in full purple gear just due to skills. And skill cap was extremely high.

I doubt any MMO will match original TSW in that aspect. Reality is most players don't want have that high skill cap in game, cause they can't play that well, and then they see some players outperform them by 1000% just due to skill and they complain, or stop playing.

Sadly it's our reality. :)

Right now, I'm playing Vanilla WoW on private server, and if Blizzard releases official vanilla server soon, I'm gonna go play there.
  • Options
    I am currently playing BDO.  I enjoy the life skills because it takes time and effort to master unlike some other games. The grind for leveling is not fun however and upgrading gear is a nightmare.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Currently playing ESO(since beta) and played WoW again a few times in december. Also dipped my toes in Lotro and swtor again recently.
  • Options
    I've been playing BDO. Recently got back into it. The grind and rng is awful but there's not much else out there. I occasionally log into Wildstar and wish it wasn't dead as hell. The housing in that game has to be the best I've ever experienced. I tried FFXIV but the combat puts me to sleep. I've never played Archeage though. Heard all sorts of stuff about it. Might take a look at it again.
  • Options
    Life is Feudal might be worth sinking my teeth into for awhile.
  • Options
    Currently I'm playing SWTOR solo.  I'm grouping with my sister and playing ESO on weekends.  It's how we stay in touch and catch up on each others lives.
  • Options
    ESO!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Dragon's dogma online.
  • Options
    world of warcraft like always and a bit of eso until something more interesting like ashes of creation comes on beta so i can play :smile: