Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should corruption be account wide ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Every character should be treated invidually. There is no reason to punish all characters in one account. That example where some player uses several characters to griefing is quite extreme situation and it will more easily punish players who has just killed few players without any griefing. Also it is not said that alt characters plays in same region and can easily be scattered all over the world. Griefing can be a serious problem, but it needs other tools than system, which punish all players who decides to kill another player.   
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I read an interview where steven is basing this off of lineage 2. The whole flagging system. He commented on it how it was rare to see red players and he liked that. So the points of only a few people will try it, is right and that's  the way steven wants it according to the interview. 

I think its funny how people that are saying it would break immersion and then say that just because YOU cant think of a way to RP it, no one else can. I can flip that. You know games such as CoE has your souls pass from character to character, passed down traits. You could RP it out as the darkness is spreading to each of your chars and family. So pointing to other games is crap because I can point to other games to

If your whole purpose is to create alts and kill noobs to role play your murderer well that's creating a toxic environment for new players. Your alt has nothing to lose so you don't care. Its just fun to pick on the noobs while they don't know anything or have anything and keep them from getting resources and progressing. Kill noobs then log out to main. Wait for BH to leave. Rinse and repeat. Simple. Its not like comparing the same actor on 2 different shows. That's just stupid. Unless you have multiple accounts your chars are all part of the same show as they are all on the same account. 

• Options
    My characters aren't related, nor are they picking up where prior characters left off. So in your RP example, random individuals in the world (my alts) would be suffering because of random other people. So, you admit that RP is a valid excuse on either side of the argument, that was my point. I am glad you got creative.

If Ashes created a gimmick where all your alts were 'family' then I could see your example making sense to me. Not that it's not valid, that's just not how I see it. My orc gaining corruption because me dwarf killed a green, for me, would be harder to RP. I am glad you can do it!
  • Options
    I love how people use arguments "new players" will not be able to do this... It will be too hard for "new players"... etc.

New players should practice somewhere else first, and not be instantly jumping in most complex MMO ever.

If total newbie wants to do some sports, does he instantly go jump the hoops where he can break his neck? No, of course not, cause there is a curve before he can do this.

Does world federation NERF hoops so that they would be easier for "new sportsman" ? No, of course not.

It's only in gaming world where people ask for everything to be nerfed so "new players" don't have it too hard.

Get this through your head. MMOs aren't made for "new players". They are made with learning curves. And new players are free to join and learn things and get better over time.

MMOs need to be designed for experienced players, so they do not die because people become too bored cause everything is too easy, too forgiving, and too protected.

MMOs NEED to be hard.

So please stop using "new player" arguments for issues.
  • Options
    Kalilinux said:
    I'm pretty sure I read an interview where steven is basing this off of lineage 2. The whole flagging system. He commented on it how it was rare to see red players and he liked that. So the points of only a few people will try it, is right and that's  the way steven wants it according to the interview. 

I think its funny how people that are saying it would break immersion and then say that just because YOU cant think of a way to RP it, no one else can. I can flip that. You know games such as CoE has your souls pass from character to character, passed down traits. You could RP it out as the darkness is spreading to each of your chars and family. So pointing to other games is crap because I can point to other games to

If your whole purpose is to create alts and kill noobs to role play your murderer well that's creating a toxic environment for new players. Your alt has nothing to lose so you don't care. Its just fun to pick on the noobs while they don't know anything or have anything and keep them from getting resources and progressing. Kill noobs then log out to main. Wait for BH to leave. Rinse and repeat. Simple. Its not like comparing the same actor on 2 different shows. That's just stupid. Unless you have multiple accounts your chars are all part of the same show as they are all on the same account. 
    It equates to one actor playing multiple, diverse roles.
    As if all the characters the actor plays should be punished for the actions of a different character the same actor is playing - simply because one of those characters is a murderer or thief or ****.
    Doesn't really matter if the actor is playing multiple characters across several shows or multiple characters on one show. True.
  • Options
    Not to mention that people (with money) would then just create several accounts, make one account corrupted, and other accounts not.

It would basically become P2W issue, where people could use cash to have certain accounts corrupted, and others not, while people without cash would not be able to afford that.
  • Options
    Each character separate is fine because if someone only uses one character to do it, that char will eventually become unusable.  The negative effects will be too great.
  • Options
    Nibiru79 said:
    Each character separate is fine because if someone only uses one character to do it, that char will eventually become unusable.  The negative effects will be too great.
    You voted Yes tho?
  • Options
  • Options
    No - makes 0 sense to make all characters effected by the actions of 1 character. What would be the point. 
  • Options
    Didn't know how to vote since the voting options were putting words in my mouth. 

Anyways, I think corruption should be per character. Some people have grief characters that they troll with but otherwise don't gank.

On top of that, I think the character that did the deed should pay the price. If you made corruption account wide... somebody would kill greens with a decked out character and swap to their level 1 naked character and go wait out the corruption timer/grind out the red exp. Wouldn't make sense to see a guy slaughter some new greens and log out to log into a different character in a deserted area.

Red should stick on that character but only tick away when out in public. Imagine someone ganking greens and logging into their other character in their home and waiting out the timer.
  • Options
    Red does not "tick away", but, yeah.