Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is "Ganking" ? Derp Chronicles

124»

Comments

• Options
  • Options

I would like to make another thread. However every time I do all hell breaks loose. Apparently the narrative is do not talk about Pvp. But that's about the only thing I know. ........ 

Well if we would talk about PvP what actually happens or will happen in this game, we would have more interesting and constructive discussions. The main problem is that every PvP thread is about or turns to corruption system and open world PvP. Then we are at loop with the same crab week after week arguing about the same things. And as long as people always pushes the discussion to this direction, nothing will change. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

I would like to make another thread. However every time I do all hell breaks loose. Apparently the narrative is do not talk about Pvp. But that's about the only thing I know. ........ 

Well if we would talk about PvP what actually happens or will happen in this game, we would have more interesting and constructive discussions. The main problem is that every PvP thread is about or turns to corruption system and open world PvP. Then we are at loop with the same crab week after week arguing about the same things. And as long as people always pushes the discussion to this direction, nothing will change.

I am fairly certain the moment pvp is spoken irregardless of the thread. There is going to be disagreement and animosity between both worlds. I could make a thread on Ben and Jerrys ice cream. The moment someone says something about pvp good or bad. The point of the thread is no longer a discussion of topic, and now I want when and Jerrys Ice cream........ sigh  
  • Options
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    Xombie is that your niche. Everyday you post a random gif or pic to all of us subservients 
  • Options
    @CopperRaven
    You could try starting a different thread.
    Gothix supposedly has decided Ashes is not the game for him, so, there should be less hostility in the responses.

There is going to be frustration in any discussion that involves having hardcore PvPers, casual PvPers and non-PvPers playing on the same servers because those three playstyles will not agree on what constitutes fair play.
    And the PvP combat morality and guidelines offered by one playstyle will seem, at best ridiculous, but most commonly offensive, to the opposing playstyle.

If that were not the case, we wouldn't even need a flagging system and we wouldn't need separate servers. We would just intrinsically respect the individual playstyles - you do you your thing and I'll do my thing as long as we don't force each other to do stuff we don't want to do.
    Which is what happens with most of the other diverse playstyles, but is impossible with the PvP combat playstyles.
    And why something like the Corruption mechanic is necessary if you want the PvP spectrum playing your game without separate servers or catering to one playstyle over the other.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    @CopperRaven
    You could try starting a different thread.
    Gothix supposedly has decided Ashes is not the game for him, so, there should be less hostility in the responses.

There is going to be frustration in any discussion that involves having hardcore PvPers, casual PvPers and non-PvPers playing on the same servers because those three playstyles will not agree on what constitutes fair play.
    And the PvP combat morality and guidelines offered by one playstyle will seem, at best ridiculous, but most commonly offensive, to the opposing playstyle.

If that were not the case, we wouldn't even need a flagging system and we wouldn't need separate servers. We would just intrinsically respect the individual playstyles - you do you your thing and I'll do my thing as long as we don't force each other to do stuff we don't want to do.
    Which is what happens with most of the other diverse playstyles, but is impossible with the PvP combat playstyles.
    And why something like the Corruption mechanic is necessary if you want the PvP spectrum playing your game without separate servers or catering to one playstyle over the other.
    Well really not much can argue with that. I never even implement a all Pvp server due to past experiences. To even ask for a single server for gamer like me is blasphemy, yet makes the most sense.

So now I try to incorporate ideas where there is no influential or negative impact on a Pve community. Somehow I get lumped into the Corruption group. Where I am mostly fighting for a dedicated open world zone away from everyone else.
  • Options
    You got lumped in with the Corruption group by saying that none of the 6 options for for PvP combat with Corruption disabled were feasible.
    And that the only feasible option is a static zone where Corruption is disabled because people should just be able to go somewhere where it's OK to kill other players whenever you want.

When one of the key foundations of Ashes is that PvP combat is meaningful.
    More meaningful than just, "Hey, I want to log in and kill a bunch of players today."
    Corruption is turned off for PvP combat with material stakes, like preventing caravans from delivering the goods necessary to build up fortifications for city and castle defense. Or for objective-based guild wars.

Steven wants to minimize "lawless" PvP combat.
    Closest you will get to that is arenas.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Dygz said:
    You got lumped in with the Corruption group by saying that none of the 6 options for for PvP combat with Corruption disabled were feasible.
    And that the only feasible option is a static zone where Corruption is disabled because people should just be able to go somewhere where it's OK to kill other players whenever you want.

When one of the key foundations of Ashes is that PvP combat is meaningful.
    More meaningful than just, "Hey, I want to log in and kill a bunch of players today."
    Corruption is turned off for PvP combat with material stakes, like preventing caravans from delivering the goods necessary to build up fortifications for city and castle defense. Or for objective-based guild wars.

Steven wants to minimize "lawless" PvP combat.
    Closest you will get to that is arenas.
    If it is addressed to me of course. How else am I to say I am not a fan of it. So no none of the other limited options are feasible. Yes it should be ok for like minded people to go to a place where they do like minded things....Crazy I know right

You can make it meaningfull just as other open world pvp games or pirate islands have. You create a story as to why a lawless land exists and entire at your own risk. Are we really going to do this again. Yes you can make it have purpose, lore, reason the imagination is not limited to corruption.

yes I am aware of Steven and the first name basis you seem fixated on intent. I will push the narrative of something for us (pvpers) like it or not. I am not Gothix and it can be done. You are good for me because you reply and keep the very pages alive on the top. You can say this will never happen or Steven said this and that, but I am here to stay. Will see in the end wont we
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Except Steven probably doesn't want a lawless land to exist.
    That is the whole point.
    Of course, if Steven wanted a lawless land to exist, he would tie it to the lore.

You can push whatever features you want. I haven't told you to stop pushing anything.
    I'm just informing you (and others reading this thread) that it's very unlikely to happen and why it's very unlikely to happen.
    And, we will see what actually happens when/if the game launches.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Except Steven probably doesn't want a lawless land to exist.
    That is the whole point.
    Of course, if Steven wanted a lawless land to exist, he would tie it to the lore.

You can push whatever features you want. I haven't told you to stop pushing anything.
    I'm just informing you (and others reading this thread) that it's very unlikely to happen and why it's very unlikely to happen.
    And, we will see what actually happens when/if the game launches.

Where was I agreeing that your buddy Steven does not want a lawless land? As a AA player I'd be surprised if he didnt incorporate it, at least down the road.I said you can say not that you are right.
  • Options
    Seems to me you did not understand what I wrote.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    Xombie is that your niche. Everyday you post a random gif or pic to all of us subservients