Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The "Big Bad"

2»

Comments

• Options
    See?  @UnknownSystemError to the rescue!  :p

Interesting revelations, though.  Didn't know the artists had scrapped those early ideas for the Tulnar.  Good to know.  And, another mystery to unfold,it seems.  Nice, and thanks!
  • Options
    Thats @UnknownSystemError for you ^^
  • Options

Interesting revelations, though.  Didn't know the artists had scrapped those early ideas for the Tulnar.  Good to know.  And, another mystery to unfold,it seems.  Nice, and thanks!
    I am not saying they were "scrapped." Just that many of the concepts were ruled out as not working in game. The chain flails, the 3 meter whip tails and other stuff would either stress the engine or be a nightmare to model and skin for actual production in game. Jeffrey addressed this in a livestream where someone had asked about flails. The basic answer is that while they would be cool, the physics and animation involved was way too much work to get such a small thing to work right in all situations.
  • Options

I am not saying they were "scrapped." Just that many of the concepts were ruled out as not working in game. The chain flails, the 3 meter whip tails and other stuff would either stress the engine or be a nightmare to model and skin for actual production in game. Jeffrey addressed this in a livestream where someone had asked about flails. The basic answer is that while they would be cool, the physics and animation involved was way too much work to get such a small thing to work right in all situations.
    So, just to clarify, despite the early art renditions, the Tulnar are a big "?". 

I remember about the weapons bit.  How weapons like flails, whips, chain swords, and the like, were just not in the scope of doable, at the moment.
  • Options
    So chains, whips, tails and such are undoable at year 2018.. nice.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    So chains, whips, tails and such are undoable at year 2018.. nice.
    Well they are doable it's just the amount of work it would take to have thousands of items like this one a server the number of calculations for graphics would be huge
  • Options
    To me it sounds like doable, but not worth it.  And I'd agree, there are so many other kinds of weapons we can use that won't be problematic.
  • Options
    Big bad wilderness for now, I don't think ashes will be moving into the big bad guy boss setup until the first year of game is over. There is a lot to be done with re establishment of the planet before moving on to the evilords of the world who want to wipe out everyone.
  • Options
    "We have met the enemy and he is us" Walt Kelly
  • Options
    xschlemmx said:
    . There is a lot to be done with re establishment of the planet before moving on to the evilords of the world who want to wipe out everyone.
    I don't think the OP would agree ;)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    xschlemmx said:
    . There is a lot to be done with re establishment of the planet before moving on to the evilords of the world who want to wipe out everyone.
    I don't think the OP would agree ;)
    I think most of the people wont agree.
    xschlemmx said:
    Big bad wilderness for now, I don't think ashes will be moving into the big bad guy boss setup until the first year of game is over. There is a lot to be done with re establishment of the planet before moving on to the evilords of the world who want to wipe out everyone.
    The lore and backround story needs antagonist(s). Otherwise the PvE content will be poor and meaningless. Antagonist does not automatically mean some kind of evillord, which wants to wipe everything around. Believable antagonist should have own motivations and goals, but most important thing is, that there needs to be one. Try imagine PvE content without the main enemy.. 
  • Options
    I don't think the Tulnar are Corrupted.
  • Options
    The Tulnar from what has been released are not corrupted. By hiding in the Underrealm they avoided that fate, unlike the avian and other npc races that we know about. What has not been released is if they will have a resistance to pve corruption effects as part of their racial.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    You are all wrong it's an evil organization that created a from of entertainment that everyone got addicted to, and ended up making people pay out a lot of money to get ahead of the normal person. 
  • Options
    Cheap said:
    You are all wrong it's an evil organization that created a from of entertainment that everyone got addicted to, and ended up making people pay out a lot of money to get ahead of the normal person. 
    We should have seen the signs 
  • Options
    I would like to see a banished god or gods being the source of the calamity and corruption. That's why the worshipped gods opened the portals for the people to escape.

A story like Odium and Ruin from Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere. 
  • Options
    Althor said:
    I would like to see a banished god or gods being the source of the calamity and corruption. That's why the worshipped gods opened the portals for the people to escape.

A story like Odium and Ruin from Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere. 
    I can see that happening 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    There was a story thing on the blog somewhere about Red Stars appearing in the sky.

I will guess Magic Comet causing extinction level Catastrophe and Corruption.

Possibly sent by Demon or summoned by a long lost Civilization.

The fact that the "Gods took pity and created the Portals" implies to me that there was not an Evil God at play here or they would have done something beside "taking pity".
  • Options
    There was a story thing on the blog somewhere about Red Stars appearing in the sky.

I will guess Magic Comet causing extinction level Catastrophe and Corruption.

Possibly sent by Demon or summoned by a long lost Civilization.

The fact that the "Gods took pity and created the Portals" implies to me that there was not an Evil God at play here or they would have done something beside "taking pity".
    It the twin tailed comet of sigmar ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:

Good to know - now to find out what the Sigmar fellow is all about...
  • Options
    nagash said:

Good to know - now to find out what the Sigmar fellow is all about...
    It's a long story just ask @McStackerson ^^