Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nature healing?

Based on know information is there a plan to have any of the classes with nature healing?
E.g. Protector (Cleric-Ranger) ...

Comments

• Options
    It seems that there wont be one, because there is only cleric as a healer and it really feels more like holy/divine healer if i could put it that way.
  • Options
    Hands on "natural" healing maybe. :)
  • Options
    Hands on "natural" healing maybe. :)
    Hahah that made me giggle. 

But seriously you could potentially be a druid through cosmetics. We know they will have skill cosmetics so maybe they will have skins to give your spells nature aspects.

Im hoping that they will have cosmetics to put together a hydromancer.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Classes can be influenced by the deities players worship. If there is a nature deity and your Cleric/X goes up the ranks of that temple/church your heals could *possibly (edit)* take on a 'nature' vibe.
  • Options
    From the information out there it seems as if there is only Holy/Divine style healing, but i'd be willing to wager that some form of Nature healing will present itself.
  • Options
    I wonder how healing would work on undead summons from the necromancer? would it heal them or hurt them
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I wonder how healing would work on undead summons from the necromancer? would it heal them or hurt them
    I hope it'll hurt them. I wont be getting my wish lol.
  • Options
    Werewood said:
    Based on know information is there a plan to have any of the classes with nature healing?
    E.g. Protector (Cleric-Ranger) ...
    Nature healing for you is just the description of the spell and the animation of it. Cause healing is just healing.

But everything is made out of nature
  • Options
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    I hope it hurts as well but things like poison should heal them ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    That would be fantastic! and a total twist on traditional gameplay.
  • Options
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    I've been playing to much divinity original sin 
  • Options
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    Actually somewhere in my old brain is a memory of poison healing the undead and healing spells doing damage.
  • Options
    They mentioned in a KS stream that they plan to give races different skill effects. So I 'm really hoping a Py'rai get a nature feel. I really want a Py'rai shaman if I can conjure up nature elements to heal.
  • Options
    I believe that there will be many different flavours to keep each one feeling uniqie.  With 64 "feelings" to make I would think 'nature' healing is a given.

I want to know what Dwarf healing will feel like.
  • Options
    I believe that there will be many different flavours to keep each one feeling uniqie.  With 64 "feelings" to make I would think 'nature' healing is a given.

All I know is that it will include ale and a lot of swearing ^^
  • Options
    So far I got from all the hours of videos that I have watched that:
    1. They know exactly what they want to do
    2. They concentrate on execution and delivery on time
    3. It is "Bacon approved"

Good enough for me. But the 4th thing is:
    4. They want us to evangelize the game.

So for me that means that I know enough to tell others.  Especially around the healer that I plan to be in-game. Tell me more and I will evangelize. I have patience :)
  • Options
    nagash said:

All I know is that it will include ale and a lot of swearing ^^
    The swearing will be directed mainly at any elves in the party.
  • Options
    Not sure why we would need to know about specific classes to evangelize the game, especially this far out in development. What if things change through necessity or flavor, think of all the people that will be disappointed in what they expected from your evangelization of Ashes.
  • Options
    When I read the title I was thinking you were talking about something in nature that heals. like healing plants that you could activate when grinding, or a tree that you could sit under for a period of time to help heal/buff.
  • Options
    My understanding is that religion will be one of the things that can alter skills. Create a religion that worships nature kinda like Mielikki in DnD create a Ranger/Cleric or Cleric/Ranger, preach and build a following. If the religion becomes big enough devs might add the desired effects. I might want to create a Religion to the Blood God and hopefully heal by damaging with a Cultist.

• Options
    I'm expecting Nature healing via subclasses.
    Similar to how one of the subclasses changes Summoner to Necromancer.
  • Options
    People are just deceiving themselfs if they hope too much to see nature healing. You all know that there will be only one healer cleric and you can just augment skills with subclasses. So even cleric/ranger (which most likely will be closest to nature) is still cleric and rangers augments are not rainmakers to change the whole class feel nature healer. Just giving some small flavor of nature to holy spells and not for sure something op is hoping for.   
  • Options
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    xschlemmx said:
    nagash said:
    Actually somewhere in my old brain is a memory of poison healing the undead and healing spells doing damage.
    I have something similiar fragments of memory where you could heal allies with some kind of holy spell and damage undead with same one... just dont remember.

At some point in WoW Unholy Death Knight could damage enemies with death coil spell and heal with that same spell his/her undead pet.
  • Options
    Greygoose said:
    My understanding is that religion will be one of the things that can alter skills. Create a religion that worships nature kinda like Mielikki in DnD create a Ranger/Cleric or Cleric/Ranger, preach and build a following. If the religion becomes big enough devs might add the desired effects. I might want to create a Religion to the Blood God and hopefully heal by damaging with a Cultist.

Mielikki is in Finnish mythology the wife of Tapio, king of the forest (godlike). She is a pure god/force/spirit of nature and a great healer too, which has nothing to do with holyness or divinity. So imo it is hard to refer to her without having a nature healer as main class. But if you start a religion like that, you can count me in.  :)
  • Options
    sounds like you want " Shaman Healing "  :)
  • Options
    I never got the appeal of being an unwashed uncultured hedge mage. I mean " I talk with the forest" is great and all but it only takes one fireball then BLAM what are you going to do then.
  • Options
    There is a Shaman subclass.
    We will have 8 significantly different types of healers - the secondary archetypes alter the primary archetype significantly.
    Which is how we get a Beast Master that is significantly different than a Necromancer.
    And how we get several types of Shadow mages.
  • Options
    Nature healing sounds weird to me to be honest, I always tought of healing magic as a type of divine/miracle type of magic. Unless you want to grow plants with healing properties using nature magic :3
  • Options
    Seems normal to me.  Isntead of bright healing lights, make em grean with some leaves blowing around.  Nature healing!
  • Options
    Well @Dygz dont let name shaman trick you. Cleric/summoner most likely has nothing to very less to do with nature. I would like to see a shaman or druid -kind of nature healing in Ashes, but i am also trying to be realistic, that with current cleric class as only healer its really hard or impossible to see that. ;-)