Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nature healing?

Comments

• Options
    Nature healing sounds weird to me to be honest, I always tought of healing magic as a type of divine/miracle type of magic. Unless you want to grow plants with healing properties using nature magic :3
    If we think about history, there were lots of nature healers like shamans and seers, which actually cured people with ingredients from nature. Later came church and miracle healing priests and overrunned all the poor heretics. So to me the nature healing is the right and original one. ;-) 
  • Options
    Maybe some kind of class combination will lead to some form of "Nature" healer. We will just have to see and wait. I think there will be plenty of healing options in the end.
  • Options
    It's 8 distinct versions of primary healer.
    In the design. We have to see how much of the design the devs are able to implement.
    Having a Shaman not be about Nature is like having a Necromancer not be about Death.
  • Options
    Someone already mentioned the most likely way to become a nature element healer. Religion in game will offerr paths that can augment your spells to be more focused towards one deity or another. So there will probably be a god for nearly every elemental type.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Actually, @Dygz might be right.  I could see the Cleric/Summoner healing by summoning the power of nature (or perhaps of their races) as the Devs have said the only one capable of actually summoning creatures will be the Summoner/X class.  So imo that leaves the possibility of Nature healing to something like a Pyrai Wood Elf Cleric/Summoner.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Protector: Cleric/Ranger and Shaman: Cleric/Summoner are likely to be Nature healers. Yeah.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    I'm thinking Protector: Cleric/Ranger and Shaman: Cleric/Summoner are likely to be Nature healers. Yeah.
    god, dam tree hugging knife ears they are everywhere. give me necrotic engine any day ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Dygz said:
    god, dam tree hugging knife ears they are everywhere. give me necrotic engine any day ^^
    Are healers your natural enemy or do they count as being under the umbrella of Undeath?
  • Options
    It's nagash damned, tree-hugging ears that are everywhere.
    And, yeah, Nature would be the natural enemy of the unnatural.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Dygz said:
    Are healers your natural enemy or do they count as being under the umbrella of Undeath?
    Healers and undead do not mix its like oil and water 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Shaman of course sounds nature healer, but if we just think cleric/summoner combination, it does not sound nature healer at all. Cleric/ranger sound like the cleric could drop few leafs during chainheal for example. Or if secondary classes changes primary class much more than just gives some flavor, then that will be in conflict with what devs have talked about augments at first place.

Although i am not sure how much religions and races will effect classes, but i guess those are just giving more flavors.

But according to latest stream. Weapons will have own progressions and skill trees. So most likely there will be some kind of nature staff for example, which will have nature healing abilities. Maybe this is one option how nature healing can be a real thing.     
  • Options
    Traditionally, in D&D, a Druid was a Cleric/Ranger hybrid.
    The name of the subclass gives us a strong indication of the focus of the combined archetypes.

The secondary classes significantly change the playstyle of the primary archetype.
    I suppose "flavor" is a subjective term. The significant changes are horizontal rather than vertical.

And, yeah, weapons have their own progression and enchantments. But, that is different than what the OP is asking.
  • Options
    With the amount of augments x 64 class combinations being speculated there is high probability that any typical RPG archetypes will be achievable to some extent.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    The name of the subclass gives us a strong indication of the focus of the combined archetypes.
    I did not play much and its about 20 years when i last time played any table top RPG. Even though i remember from D&D that cleric was a pure divine class and i dont remember how you could change it to nature healer like druid with secondary class. And btw druid is its own class. 
  • Options
    Cleric/Mage could be a healer that use water elements. I bet there will be ways to customise the feel of the healing with the augments. Remember you can augments with religion as well as the archtypes and races.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ferryman said:
    Dygz said:
    I did not play much and its about 20 years when i last time played any table top RPG. Even though i remember from D&D that cleric was a pure divine class and i dont remember how you could change it to nature healer like druid with secondary class. And btw druid is its own class. 
    Druid became its own class. Yes.
    Remember that original D&D only had 4 classes.
    In 1E AD&D, Druid was a sub-class of Cleric.
    By 3E, Druid was its own class.

• Options
    Dygz said:
    Ferryman said:
    Dygz said:
    Druid became its own class. Yes.
    Remember that original D&D only had 4 classes.
    In 1E AD&D, Druid was a sub-class of Cleric.
    By 3E, Druid was its own class.

Oh ok. I just remember that cleric part and how i had cleric's handbook. Game was AD&D and mid/late 90ths. Most likely i still have this book somewhere at storage, but i am not going to try find it.

But anyway, cleric/ranger would be much better called as druid than current protector imo. That is how its on my list.  
  • Options
    Yeah. Seems to me, too, that Cleric/Ranger would be Druid.
    We'll have to see if we're right about that sub-class being Nature/woodland healing in Ashes.
  • Options
    I honestly don't care what type of healing it is.  As a tank I'm just a punching bag so as long as they do their job I'll keep getting punched in the face.
  • Options
    Cheap said:
    I honestly don't care what type of healing it is.  As a tank I'm just a punching bag so as long as they do their job I'll keep getting punched in the face.
    I would like to test that if you wouldn't mind 
  • Options
    Cheap said:
    Well that is one interesting pov. :D I am not sure either if i am going to play as a healer, but i will definitely test that out too. In raids and dungeons i would like to play something else than dps. I have done that enough already at other games. In PvP i will focus to deal damage, debuff, cc and simply because when fighting with other players i suck and blow if i try to play as a healer. I will die way too often under heavy pressure. But now when you mentioned tanking, this spark and memory of blood DK from WoW waked up.. ;)
  • Options
    My biggest question is Cleric/Tank flavours.  I see that as potentially being a very powerful healer as it provides tanking elements to the ones you are healing (and therefore most in need as they have/are actively taking damage)

And healer with HOTD is also extremely valuable imo becuase there is no overhealing
  • Options
    seems like it would be a smart choice to include nature healing to include the untapped market of different healers.
  • Options
    In the last stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNce7EPvmCQ at about 43:10 there was a question about elemental magic. Specifically air, water and nature/growth.
    The answer was: "we will probably have air and water". But: "nature might be something different". They then talk about augments so that might be the case for nature magic. They mentioned the term "druidic magic" with the example of growth entanglement and I think their tone was a 'not really'.

just sharing as I keep following that topic. I wouldn't mind having a Druid augments and then I will just go Cleric Fighter (Templar).
  • Options
    Cheap said:
    Officer, I don't know how it happened.   His face just kept running into my fist over and over...
  • Options
    In this day and age there is no excuse for not having a nature based magic class. Druids are very popular in many games and with 64 class combos or whatever it is, not having it available is pretty sad. I was really looking forward to this game but without spells and animations that fit into my idea of a nature based caster I think I'm going to pass. I played 3+ years of ESO without a druid type character and I was pretty miserable. With the way their magica warden is now, it's still bad as there is so much missed potential. I'll keep watching here and hope the devs see there is a desire for this kind of class and hope they add it.
  • Options
    Talonis said:
    In this day and age there is no excuse for not having a nature based magic class. Druids are very popular in many games and with 64 class combos or whatever it is, not having it available is pretty sad. I was really looking forward to this game but without spells and animations that fit into my idea of a nature based caster I think I'm going to pass. I played 3+ years of ESO without a druid type character and I was pretty miserable. With the way their magica warden is now, it's still bad as there is so much missed potential. I'll keep watching here and hope the devs see there is a desire for this kind of class and hope they add it.

• Options
    Sintu said:
    Talonis said:

Well that's sweet. Thanks for taking time out of your day to dig up a cartoon for me :) If you would have read my post though you would have seen though that I plan to stay here and keep watching to see what develops. What I'm getting at is you have a team that has experience with EQ , EQ2 and Vanguard. All of these games had druids that I played. I don't see how they could have possibly decided to leave out a major class that they are familiar with.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    We have a lot of things where nature magic could come from. Ranger could easily be something that has some nature abilities or give nature augments to abilities. The pyrai elves are all about nature so they could give you nature augments for you abilities. There is also the chance that there is a god of nature or druid social organization that could provide nature augments. 

A related question was asked on a livestream and here is the answer:

https://aocwiki.net/LiveStream_July_9_2018

NOTE: after posting realized it was already posted. sorry about that.
  • Options
    Talonis said:
    I like this guy. He necro's a post to let us know the he has made up his mind about passing on the game before even knowing what he's making up his mind about. That's... something!

Talonis, How do you know if there are spells and animations that fit into the nature theme or not, when we don't have all the spells and effects yet?? There will be 8 Ranger primary sub-classes, and 8 Ranger secondary sub-classes... That right there is 16 potential nature themed ability sets... and then there are the Py-Rai Elves, who are specifically stated as being nature themed sub-race. "Nature. Balance. Fury. All things come to balance in time, and nature always has her way. Don't let their love for nature fool you though, the Py'Rai rarely take prisoners. Whether by bow or spear, the Py'Rai's legacy will take root."

There will be racial skills, and racial class skill augments.

Chance there will be nature themed abilities is kinda high...