Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nature healing?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Talonis said:
    Sintu said:
    Talonis said:
    In this day and age there is no excuse for not having a nature based magic class. Druids are very popular in many games and with 64 class combos or whatever it is, not having it available is pretty sad. I was really looking forward to this game but without spells and animations that fit into my idea of a nature based caster I think I'm going to pass. I played 3+ years of ESO without a druid type character and I was pretty miserable. With the way their magica warden is now, it's still bad as there is so much missed potential. I'll keep watching here and hope the devs see there is a desire for this kind of class and hope they add it.

Well that's sweet. Thanks for taking time out of your day to dig up a cartoon for me :) If you would have read my post though you would have seen though that I plan to stay here and keep watching to see what develops. What I'm getting at is you have a team that has experience with EQ , EQ2 and Vanguard. All of these games had druids that I played. I don't see how they could have possibly decided to leave out a major class that they are familiar with.

I read the whole post. Even though you will continue to watch how the game goes you specifically say that you are “going to pass” on the game because it does not include your idea of a nature based character. That certainly sounds to me like you are taking your ball and going home. I hope I am getting the wrong vibe then you intended But I just don’t see it. 

Test servers are down so I have plenty of time for the forums!!!

• Options
    We have a lot of things where nature magic could come from. Ranger could easily be something that has some nature abilities or give nature augments to abilities. The pyrai elves are all about nature so they could give you nature augments for you abilities. There is also the chance that there is a god of nature or druid social organization that could provide nature augments. 

A related question was asked on a livestream and here is the answer:

https://aocwiki.net/LiveStream_July_9_2018

NOTE: after posting realized it was already posted. sorry about that.
    Thanks for the explanation. Another person commented on another thread and helped me understand the way abilities can be morphed (Such as the cleric being morphed with ranger to give the cleric spells more of a nature essence). That definitely helped me understand the system a bit more.
  • Options
    The Chloromancer in Rift was really nice