Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Best mini-game to add into AoC, any thoughts?

Comments

• I want chess with rare collectible pieces, taht have superpowers. And they grow big.
    Battle Chess ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    https://youtu.be/BQw0Z2UBAhI?t=11m
    its about Tavern Games

food-for-thought
  • They should create a 100% original modern abstract game. Examples of modern abstract games include Santorini, Tak, and Hive. Classic abstract games like Chess and Go can get unnecessarily complicated and take too long for my tastes. The aim should be a game with simple rules, relatively short playtime, and enough strategy for meaningful decisions. 
  • Poker would be a fun way to make money :smiley:
  • Lottery Npc:

Player can rent and place a lottery npc anywhere in the world.  The player adds the initial amount of gold, and sets the entrance amount.  Any players can then click on the npc and pay the entrance fee for a chance to win the pot.  The game takes a percentage of each entrance fee (gold sink), and adds the remainder to the pot total.  The game will randomly select a winner from the participants once the countdown timer expires (usually 24 hours).
  • If they could, your toon can build a tolerance to alcohol? More you drink the less it effects you, and the less you drink the more it effects you.

That way in taverns you can challenge players drink for drink. Shot for shot! hehe
  • That big scary dragon wants to play a game of chess with you!
  • For all you shell heads (fighters types) how about a game of flats?
  • I'd love bare knuckle fighting like in the Witcher games. You could have tavern leaderboards and some quirky prizes for winners of tournaments.  
  • Doesn't really interest me but something like knife throwing would fit the setting nicely. Also it wouldn't be too hard to implement.
  • Hold'em
  • Giant maze with moving parts and puzzles.
  • Dice games would be easy and not immersion breaking plus its all RMT based so you don't have to worry as much about getting scammed. 
  • I'd like to see a card game similar to magic or hearthstone.
  • I like the idea of races...that could actually be run by players, with checkpoints etc.
  • Some kind of collectable card game would be amazing. Even if the games mechanics were very simplistic. I would get lost in collecting the cards alone. Have some kind of rarity system and open trades between players to try and collect them all. Battle tables spread sparsely around the world where people can spend their free time battling each other with decks they have collected and built. I think it could be some good fun to have in your down time.
  • Give me some gold ol' drunken bar fights!
  • 4v4 Dodgeball. Give us all a staff and put us in an ever-shrinking arena. The longer the match lasts, the smaller the arena gets. The arena is divided by a kill-wall right down the middle. Cross and die. You have a 3s cooldown between shots. One hit and you're out for the round. 

Obviously it would be team based. Can add in a ranking system for top teams, hold tourneys, etc...
  • Risk but set in Verra 
  • nagash said:
    Risk but set in Verra 
    Oh man now that's a good one
  • Hungry Hungry hippo
  • Darts , yup.. Id like to see a good old fashioned game of darts be a mini game. Sit back after a good days worth of grind, head to the local tavern for a pint an a few rounds of Darts!  Ahhhhh sounds splendid
  • I would like to see gambling games like dice and cards. Maybe the Chinese dice game Sì-Wŭ-Liù (四五六)  and card games like poker and spades. Or maybe even a MTG style game would be freaking amazing. 
  • I would like to see something along the lines of what Final Fantasy XIV did with its crafting system. They took a mundane system like crafting and turned it into a mini-game. 
  • Games with collectibles are addicting, if the cards where hidden across the wrold (the rarer ones) it would offer players a reason to hunt enemies and explore the game not just for materials and gear.
    Oh man... especially if they made it a Hex or MTG system! I would love to see this for taverns. Would be amazing for community building! 

• me opinion is card games , the many it has the better to chose what to do:))
  • All of the Fable 2 Pub games.
  • Fishing? /shrug  :)
  • Rezzing a dead thread:

How about a catapult/trebuchet launching game? We need to practice for the big dance somehow, why not install a mini-game so we can get some shots in