Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Best mini-game to add into AoC, any thoughts?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Slapsticks

Each player grabs a stick then goes outside where they begin to slap each other silly.
    Last player standing wins.
  • Options
    Achievements and collectables are all I need.
  • Options
    Not sure if posted yet, but a game where you can race mini-monsters or the like. Kind of like racing frogs or turtles, heh. Or something with collectibles. <3
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    All of the Fable 2 Pub games.
    What about Fable 3's The Game quest?? Now that was fun even if a bit silly.
  • Options
    Settlers of Catan - Verra style?
  • Options
    Sikuba said:
    I think you can already draw a pretty strong connection between Verra and Settlers. Picture each node as a hex. Certain nodes have plentiful resources they supply to the world. Resource generation and spawning is randomized. You will need to trade with other nodes or travel to them to receive resources you cannot gather from home.
  • Options
    Sikuba said:
    I think you can already draw a pretty strong connection between Verra and Settlers. Picture each node as a hex. Certain nodes have plentiful resources they supply to the world. Resource generation and spawning is randomized. You will need to trade with other nodes or travel to them to receive resources you cannot gather from home.
    Exactly! It could be like a little tabletop game to help some of our younger players understand the ideas behind geopolitics. :)

Maybe it would be something you can put in your player-housing and play games from there.
  • Options
    Sikuba said:
    Sikuba said:
    Exactly! It could be like a little tabletop game to help some of our younger players understand the ideas behind geopolitics. :)

Maybe it would be something you can put in your player-housing and play games from there.
    I'm sold!
  • Options
    Strip Poker. Blackjack. Roulette. D&D [for rpception]. I want to run a successful tavern here.
  • Options
    No mini games unless part of the overall feel of the game that is part of said game. Card games, pet battles....no good. Here are the reasons for it.
     Takes away dev resources from the actual game.  For a game like AoC what would be better fine tooning classes or adding 20 new cards to some random mini game? Adding some new maps or fixing a broken pet battle game? Adding new resources to work with new machinery or 20 new achievs.
      Wow mini gamed itself to death. All the little things to do has turned WOW into que craft....they have so much little stuff to do that the devs are over burdened just to finish an xpac. If you play it you will understand how BETA the game feels even after 2 months into the xpac. The reason is simple....all the little things added, warfronts, island expeditions, raids, LFR, dungeons, PVP, pet battles, achieves, etc....have made wow so generalist to please everyone that they are barely pleasing anyone.
      Wanna play cards? Cool go buy a deck of cards...there are hundreds of games out there to choose from and AoC does not need to waste time making another one. I want to build up for war...on the ground, air and sea, I want to log into the game and be in a fight. I want AoC to be a game that is focused on what it does best and not chase whatever new fad is out there. Want app games? Go buy a iphone.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Whack-a-Flanggler -----> https://youtu.be/BR5JAOCPZrE
  • Options
    Spin the bottle. Whoever it lands on pays for the next round. When you're all really drunk, you're tossed out and whoever makes it furthest home without passing out is the winner.