Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 1: First Region Map Analysis

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amazing work c0ug4r! You map has certainly proved invaluable in discussing a variety of AoC topics from node placement to resource gathering to PvP strategy. Thanks for the significant effort that went into this!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018

Just a quick update to my map as we were shown a short Alpha 1 preview video during yesterday's stream. It featured three locations of which I could add the Fishing Village to the upper right of my map:

[Twitch Stream 2018-08-17 (58:57)]

• The first preview video did not take us that close to the coast thus it's the first time we can take a closer look at the beach.
    • The houses of the fishing village are the same that we already saw in the orange lands, the mushroom swamp and the sequoia forest though there seem to be some buildings that we haven't seen before. If nothing else, the horned tower in the middle of the village should make it another Kaivek settling.
    • The placement of the village on the map is easy to figure out as the first and third picture show it near the mushroom swamp.
    • Thanks to incredible progress in Alpha 1 development towers don't seem to be invisible anymore. The first picture shows both the lighthouse (top right) and the Aela tower (middle top).
    • The last two pictures reveal two stone walls behind the village that form an inland passage which may lead directly to the Kaivek settlement in the mushroom swamp.
    • In the top right corner of the last picture you can already see the hills that will limit the map in this direction.

[Twitch Stream 2018-08-17 (58:57)]

• One of the other locations is a sizeable wooden construction that is built around a huge orange glowing mushroom. As there's more mushrooms around, it's certainly placed in the mushroom swamp.
    • The other spot is only visible in one scene, but is obviously located in the orange lands as we see orange crystals and pink trees. The ground though isn't orange, but rocky and together with the different terrain levels and wooden structures it looks much like a mining site.

In the spectacular Alpha 1 - First Look at Action Combat Video both of the latter locations are arena-like showplaces for the upcoming action combat system. The video also features the castle and a city setting that is definitely connected to this screenshot and has nothing to do with the town we already know. As the video is fast-paced it doesn't allow for a precise loacalization of the settings on the map, yet it gives a good impression of their immediate surroundings.

• Options
    Its great @c0ug4r and the fact that you are adding to it make it even better ^^
  • Options
    Awesome, keep up the great work! This is a labour of love :)
  • Options
    Great job yet again, hope to see more :3
  • Options
    If this was the middle ages and i was a king in need of a cartographer, i'd pay this man a kings ransom to work for me. 
  • Options
    Maybe he can get an unique title in-game just for him/her "The Cartographer!"
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Maybe he can get an unique title in-game just for him/her "The Cartographer!"
    That sounds like a job, who wants a lousy title like that, I recommend though for every dwarf an exclusive 'THE SHORTY' title ;)
  • Options
    @c0ug4r amazing work!  I hope I'm on the same server as you.  
  • Options
    If this was the middle ages and i was a king in need of a cartographer, i'd pay this man a kings ransom to work for me. 
    5 minutes of navigating with my map, the king and his whole entourage lay shattered at the bottom of an abysmal ravine that was supposed to be all plains, flowers and bunnies... oops :#

@Kratz @AutumnLeaf Sounds like an idea! With all the dynamic content this lousy title/job may even pay the rent.

@T-Elf EU(West) it is then
  • Options
    Dang!  NA here.