Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream - August 17th @ 2 PM PST - Q&A thread

Comments

• Options
    I remember reading that the world at launch will be something like 420 square kilometers. I was wondering about movement speeds, walking, riding, caravan. Will you be able to move from one side of the world to the other in a matter of tens of minutes, when running caravans will the run between cities be over in minutes or will this last 30-40 minutes or whatever.
  • Options
    Hey all! Been following this game for a while now, but haven't quite gotten to the point of being comfortable becoming a backer. However, if the concepts laid out for this game can actually be realized, it has the potential to be the game I've always wanted. 

One of the things that has me most concerned about this game is (at least in some areas) the art direction. I realize that in the end it all comes down to personal opinion but I've always preferred the more "epic" Lord of the Rings sort of gritty high fantasy. My fear is that the cash shop (and thereby the game world itself) will be filled with over the top mounts/skins/etc. that will hinder (or ruin) my immersion in the game. The recent debacle with the teddy bear mount did little to alleviate these concerns (and nearly killed my enthusiasm for the game). Can you perhaps expand on the team's creative vision for the game in terms of the art style going forward? 

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks again Intrepid for just being plain Awesome!
    My question is: If players are in the middle of PVPing, will spells or skills that alter the environment around them be accessible? and if so will players be able to take damage from any environmental change ?(for instance moving large stones which happen to fall on a player, or opening a pit)
  • Options
    Can you give us a idea of the time involved to for instance become a true master crafter? Is this something that players will have to focus all their time on in order to succeed? Or is it more limited in scope as far as what can been done day to day and as a result there will be plenty of time every day for all the other goodies you guys are creating?

TLDR, Will being a "master crafter" detract from other elements of the game?

Super excited to play! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Will there be alliance or guild uniforms? For example the uniforms from the Round Table in the Anime Log Horizon!
  • Options
    when goods are transfered from one place to the another, do the caravans itselve have any plays to them ? like difference in size so that the hitbox changes allowing for creative cover/kiting around them or do the caravans have any interaction that aid in battle like actually getting on them or taking any item on the run ?
  • Options
    What will be the "Divine" metropolis level node benefit be?
    Tease us! :wink:
  • Options
    Most of the class poles recently have been heavily sided with human and fairies, not so much orc or the dwarves.  Will we ever see orcish or dwarvish style or influenced metropolis or a higher level node?  Ive seen alot of cool concept art, hopefully we get to see some in game if the races get to lopsided.  Our race dosnt have anything to do with where we enter Verra correct??
  • Options
    Eroenne said:
    Most of the class poles recently have been heavily sided with human and fairies, not so much orc or the dwarves.  Will we ever see orcish or dwarvish style or influenced metropolis or a higher level node?  Ive seen alot of cool concept art, hopefully we get to see some in game if the races get to lopsided.  Our race dosnt have anything to do with where we enter Verra correct??
    I believe you mean elves not fairies but yes i would like to see some orc structures
  • Options
    How many total nodes will there be available in the World for us to develop? Or, will there be abilities that will launch your character towards the enemy and stun them?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    How restrictive will summoner pet appearances be?

For example, will I have to be a beastmaster(summ/ranger) to have a beast type pet, or will I be able to skin over pets from other kinds of summoners to get that aesthetic on say, a conjurer? 

• Options
    How exactly would the cosmetics be handled?
    For example, if we buy an armor skin on the cash shop, would that unlock it in an in-game wardrobe of sorts and allow us to apply it freely? Or would we need to keep it as an actual item which we would "use"?
  • Options
    Guild recruitment.
    How will players be able to recruit. Will it be just spam the local chat channel or will Intrepid have a guild ad system in place so players can apply directly to the guild.
    Also will guilds have a cool off period for new people.
  • Options
    Roughly, as a percentage, how much do all the augments (Node, social status, religion and others) affect your combat effectiveness?  Will these augments overshadow your racial basic stats?  If so, does that make racial choice a very small part of who your character really is?
  • Options
    Will there be any Level-Creep in future Expansions ? via ... will you constantly increase Level-cap for every new expansion ? 

please don't ... 

• Options
    Love all your progress so far <3

Do you plan to add voice acting to any of your NPC's, or will everything in Verra be script based?  Hope you do!  Voice acting really adds to emersion and I plan to live in Verra!.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Something that's had people arguing a lot on Discord and the forums are the roles of mules.

Some people think they are going to be a loot piñata and others think that they are going to be a mobile gear store so you won't have to risk anything when you're out in the world.

What sort of role do you see mules playing in the world and how do you think that's going to affect the state of world PvP?
  • Options
    Please can you give more information around character names? What will be the restrictions? Min/Max length? Spaces allowed? Family Names?
  • Options
    With the subscriptions included in the packages, will you be able to "pause" incase of wanting/needing a break. Or will it stay "running" regardless?
  • Options
    Translations will be made by companies or the community will have the option to translate the game?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Will ashes have whale hunting with spears or crab catching using traps from your boat?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Will there be in game mail?
  • Options
    Will we be heavily encouraged to opt into either dual wielding or wielding a two-handed weapon? Would we be at a disadvantage for example if we chose to only wield a single one handed weapon?
  • Options
    Will there be a /me command in the chatbox of Ashes?

For example, if a character named Bob types: "/me picks up a book." will the chat display:

"Bob picks up a book."

Instead of:

"Bob says: /me picks up a book."

• Options
    You mentioned before that the leadership in a Node can set a War Condition with another node.  Can you go into more details about this?   Are all citizens of each node required to participate?  Can they opt out?   How many nodes can your node be in a "war condition" with at the same time.  

• Options
    Will there ever be combination weapons?  Like a sword and wand or a shield and crossbow?  Also send nodes please.
  • Options
    Will there be "killcams" in AoC?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I cant find any Informations about Playerstatistics, what about Ranks, Levels,Kills and so on in pvp ? lots of Games became something like K/D Shooters in the End, no Teamplay only Killhunt. Im sure Itrepid will try to avoid this !?
    K/D Statistics makes People play like Cowards
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    With Cleric being the prominent healer class, will there be the ability to spec to a more caster based ‘heal from the back’ magical support class vs the melee battle cleric that has been portrayed in the pax/alpha videos to date?

Contex: I enjoyed being a ‘whack-a-mole’ stand at the back and oversea the fight support healer and curious if the cleric will support this type of play style.

To be clear I am happy doing damage while healing, just prefer caster based spells in between heals vs melee battle front damage. 

Edit post discord discussion: is the cleric optimised for melee based healing or can you be as effective as a caster based cleric?
  • Options
    What benefits or bonuses will Divine node types give?
This discussion has been closed.