Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream - August 17th @ 2 PM PST - Q&A thread

Comments

• Options
    Which archetypes will be able to use combat pets? 
  • Options
    Will Ashes be able to use 4 or MORE CPU physical cores when it launches? i am tired of mmos only using 2 cores of my cpu. Specially in big battles!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    You've previously mentioned [on discord], "there are siege summons that can be created from multiple summoners working together". Question: Will there be spells and/or skills that other classes will have access to, only during sieges or large group play?
  • Options
    Will there be build in, or optional multi-factor authentication methods available on launch or shortly after? 

Can the website be updated to use MFA via something like google authenticator? 
  • Options
    Any update on a specific date for Alpha 1? send nodes.
  • Options
    Any words on EU publishing? You have mentioned that you were not sure who will publish AoC in EU or if you will do it yourself. 
  • Options
    I heard from my mates ashes combat system is tab target! and i wonder you guys change this to non target or what do you thing? My opinion non target is better. And you should change pvp combat littlebit faster like Blade and Soul. Pvp combat is important. With those graphics if u guys improve to pvp system this game become a legend!
  • Options
    onurgame said:
    I heard from my mates ashes combat system is tab target! and i wonder you guys change this to non target or what do you thing? My opinion non target is better. And you should change pvp combat littlebit faster like Blade and Soul. Pvp combat is important. With those graphics if u guys improve to pvp system this game become a legend!
    It's going to be a combination of both tab-target and action combat.
  • Options
    Spun666 said:
    -Is there any possibility of a name change for tank or at least have it looked at? The tank name comes from military tanks and has become a colloquialism for "taunts and damage takers" in modern mmo's. It seems to be more of a role than a class name. If no, can we change cleric's name to "healer"?

Make it TankymcTankFace
  • Options
    Malgus said:
    Spun666 said:
    -Is there any possibility of a name change for tank or at least have it looked at? The tank name comes from military tanks and has become a colloquialism for "taunts and damage takers" in modern mmo's. It seems to be more of a role than a class name. If no, can we change cleric's name to "healer"?

Make it TankymcTankFace
    Some people might want McTankyTankFace or EcafKantcmYkant
  • Options
    Will there be support to use a second screen to display the map / character attributes, chat, discord or other info that would not necessarily give an advantage over others.

(the post did recieve some initial support from the community when posted on the forums https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/35932/using-your-second-screen/p1)

• Options

Scientific nodes seem to be the only form of fast travel that we've heard about. Will this mean often spending as much time traveling to content as you will completing it? Long term that kind of system in my opinion has a negative impact on quality of life for the player. I'm all for travel being limited and certainly not available from the beginning. I like working for ground I gain just not retracing my steps every time a friend wants to do a dungeon on the far side of the world.

• Options
    Will there be support to use a second screen to display the map / character attributes, chat, discord or other info that would not necessarily give an advantage over others?

(the post did recieve some initial support from the community when posted on the forums https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/35932/using-your-second-screen/p1)

• Options
    Will there be, or could you please, make an official site to show records of firsts and discovery like EQ2's eq2players.com when the game was new.

That was incredibly exciting and fun to see the biggest hits and people leveling and everything.
  • Options
    Will Onmounted battle be a thing in the world of verra?
  • Options
    How is guild control of a node / town / village determined?

On a side note, in an economic metropolis oligarchy, could a rich player, not part of the controlling guild, buy into the council?
  • Options
    Are the Archetype and Class names final or would you consider those too as a first pass in development? On the topic of names, have you seen that community member's (cannot remember their name) detailed explanation of what they thought would be a good naming system? What are your thoughts on it?
  • Options
    When do you guys plan to let Alpha 1 testers begin downloading AoC for next months testing?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Previously we had a guild fair held in the past where guild leaders were able to represent their guild and give an introduction to bring in new members. Will there be another set up in the near future?
  • Options
    Is it really possible to explore the world .. on your own? And do really interesting stuff. Cuz i have seen for some stuff you need a party for to overcome obstacles (like a hidden wall)
  • Options
    Could you summarize what the Phoenix Initiative is please?  Many thanks.
  • Options
    Could you summarize what the Phoenix Initiative is please?  Many thanks.

Phoenix Initiative

The Phoenix initiative reward is an exclusive game instance in which certain players can enter. Think of it as a secret club, where you can socialize with other members. This area will not offer any “Pay to Win” functionality, it will simply offer what the world does in a more personal space. This is an area devs and GMs will often hang out there in their off time, and gives you a chance to interact with them in game!

You can find this on the Kickstarter page :3

• Options
    I'm curious about the class combinations. I know that adding the secondary archetype will change the "flavour" of the skills from the main class archetype, but will there be at least one skill slot where we can choose an ability innate to the secondary archetype?
  • Options
    Will there be a fixed region where you automatically flagged red? So we can create a place for gankers in a region where only the bravest can fight each other. That would be really awsome and prevent griefing in the real world.
  • Options
    philippt8 said:
    Will there be a fixed region where you automatically flagged red? So we can create a place for gankers in a region where only the bravest can fight each other. That would be really awsome and prevent griefing in the real world.
    Red players are the corrupted ones, they are treated almost like monsters by the system, the actual pvp state is purple and you can only kill red and purple players.
  • Options
    philippt8 said:
    Red players are the corrupted ones, they are treated almost like monsters by the system, the actual pvp state is purple and you can only kill red and purple players.
    Yes I know. But I want a place without penalties and this works only in red state I think.
  • Options
    philippt8 said:
    philippt8 said:
    Yes I know. But I want a place without penalties and this works only in red state I think.
    There are no penalties if purple players kill each other, it's like a consent to pvp state.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    How far into development has the team gotten on the Action combat system? Will it be focused to the points of other MMO's such as TERA, BDO, or Blade and Soul? Or will it be similar to an optional Real Action or Tab Target system like Bless Online or GW. It'll be interesting to see how these options do play out.
    *Edit* Also how do I add a signature to my forum account LOL
  • Options
    Amouu said:
    How far into development has the team gotten on the Action combat system? Will it be focused to the points of other MMO's such as TERA, BDO, or Blade and Soul? Or will it be similar to an optional Real Action or Tab Target system like Bless Online or GW. It'll be interesting to see how these options do play out.
    *Edit* Also how do I add a signature to my forum account LOL
    On your account page click the icon beside the profile picture (upper body of a man with an arrow facing downwards)  and click preferences or the cog in the top right of the forums (where your notifications are) then on the right side you will see signature settings.
  • Options
    Using a pack mule, will it follow you around while you harvest goodies in nature? or is it a riding mount? will it stay spawned if I jump off then?
This discussion has been closed.