Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

With all of the my.com rabble

Let's be honest with ourselves, you followed Steven into an unknown world, trusting him at every single turn and he has surpassed all of our expectations thus far.  So I ask this, why do you guys rage, like this is a legit toddler tantrum you folk are throwing.  Steven cannot come out and explain the contract, it's more than likely under an NDA.  He went from a saint to the devil himself in your eyes. 

Yes, the company has a bad reputation as a publisher, so what?  People learn form their mistakes, and even if they do want to pull some sort of craziness, I can promise you that the contract that was written up between IS and my.com will cover Stevens ass in case something happens.

To hound at him over something like this?  That's a bit much, so, why don't we do what we have done and keep our trust in the guy?  All of this crying just proves that you never trusted his vision in the first place.

POOKA HAS SPOKEN

Comments

• Options
    Who are you?
  • Options
    >Yes, the company has a bad reputation as a publisher, so what?  People learn form their mistakes
    LMAO, not my.com

• Options
    Karthos said:
    Who are you?
    Way to stay on topic.  You must have been one of those who cried about the announcement.

Pooka is sorry you feel this way, if you want Pooka will give you a hug.
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    Karthos said:
    Who are you?
    Way to stay on topic.  You must have been one of those who cried about the announcement.

Yikes
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    Karthos said:
    Who are you?

I was curious because you seem to have information the general public doesn't have, like details of the contract, events in the future and insight into other people's minds.

I figured you're a wizard. 
  • Options
    I mean he has a point, I'm not saying I'm thrilled with the decision either, but Steven said multiple times that there are contractual requirements that have been agreed to by my.com that they must uphold if they wish to remain the publisher. As a long time player of mmo''s then I'm sure he's aware of the reputation of the company he just signed a contract with. People also seem to forget that Steven has put exponentially more of his own money into this project than the entire kickstarter combined. If this goes south, he stands to lose more than any single one of us. If he has faith that this could be the right decision. Maybe we should too.
  • Options
    Pooka is a wizard, now wait while he installs your software.

On topic, no, I don't have details, nobody but IS does, but that's the thing, Pooka trusts IS and Steven and does not think he would steer Pooka or the community in the wrong direction.  I do not think he would do anything and sign the game over for a publisher without a contingency plan.  If they are contractually obligated then they have no choice but to follow through or they suffer harsh consequences.

Again, Pooka is still willing to give his friend, @Karthos, a hug.
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    Let's be honest with ourselves, you followed Steven into an unknown world, trusting him at every single turn and he has surpassed all of our expectations thus far.  So I ask this, why do you guys rage, like this is a legit toddler tantrum you folk are throwing.  Steven cannot come out and explain the contract, it's more than likely under an NDA.  He went from a saint to the devil himself in your eyes. 

Yes, the company has a bad reputation as a publisher, so what?  People learn form their mistakes, and even if they do want to pull some sort of craziness, I can promise you that the contract that was written up between IS and my.com will cover Stevens ass in case something happens.

To hound at him over something like this?  That's a bit much, so, why don't we do what we have done and keep our trust in the guy?  All of this crying just proves that you never trusted his vision in the first place.

POOKA HAS SPOKEN
    Agreed. We just gotta be optimistic and hope everything turns out the way we want it to.
  • Options
    If the hug is a legitimate offer and not a glib jab at me because I made you look foolish, then sure.
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    why do you guys rage, like this is a legit toddler tantrum you folk are throwing.
    You must've taken the wrong turn. Ashes Discord is on the other side of the street. Things in the forums are quite chilled B)
  • Options
    I should use that aswell

NAGASH HAS SPOKEN!
  • Options
    I don't believe that Steven would blindly throw a project that he referred to as "his baby" into the dumpster and promptly light it on fire.  So until he give me reason to doubt his mental state, I'm going to trust his judgement.

• Options
    Karthos said:
    If the hug is a legitimate offer and not a glib jab at me because I made you look foolish, then sure.
    But you didn't make him look foolish??
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    your right karthos did not make him look foolish. he did that all by his self
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Karthos said:
    I didn't? Him getting testy over me asking him who he was wasn't foolish?

Well damn, I must be ignored and brushed off then. 

In fact, we should never question anything ever, just close our eyes and hum loudly while we hope it passes!
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:
    Would you care to chip in constructively?  Or were you butthurt by the announcement as well?

Pooka would give you a hug, but, you're gross.
    Yes  o:)
  • Options
    Welcome back Pooka, we missed those that communicate in the 3rd person exclusively. Maybe Umji will come back too. Those would truly be some head twisting conversations.
  • Options
    Welcome back Pooka, we missed those that communicate in the 3rd person exclusively. Maybe Umji will come back too. Those would truly be some head twisting conversations.
    Oh I miss Umji that ork was such a great person ^^
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Karthos said:

In fact, we should never question anything ever, just close our eyes and hum loudly while we hope it passes!
    But to cry doom and gloom without knowing ANYTHING isn't a good thing.  There's been hardly any "Lets wait and see how things turn out, and if it doesn't work then we flip the table"  Instead people are squealing as if it's the end of the game, which it really isn't the case.  People need to trust in Steven, he knows what he's doing.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Pooka said:
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:
    Would you care to chip in constructively?  Or were you butthurt by the announcement as well?

Well I mean, you did start off with an antagonistic post, which I honestly can't take seriously. I replied in kind.

You then proceeded to try and infantisze me because you assume something (I'm actually on your side that this got blown up FYI).

You then decided it was best to continue trying to belittle anyone who may disagree with you, while trying to hide behind the fact you wanted a "discussion" when all you really want is confirmation of your bias.

So my constructive feedback is you're too sensitive to opposing view points. So much so, you alienated someone who was ready to agree with you.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Karthos said:

So when someone tries to start a legitimate conversation and all someone can chime in with (in a traditionally dismissive way btw) is "who are you" it's more than fair to get testy. No one ever said anything about you should be brushed off, ignored, or not question anything? How far are you reaching?
  • Options
    Somebody else mentioned in a youtube video that the trust the community has placed in Steven is much like a rubberband. The my.com business really stretches that out. After I listened to the Q&A, it looks like Steven knows what he is doing. Maybe his inexperience in leading a company might get him sucked into the my.com vortex. None of us can say. He may end up being very resolute. That being said, we have to look at the obvious risk factors a company like my.com introduces into the decision of putting more money into the game. I was absolutely comfortable buying the monthly cosmetics. Now I'm less comfortable. I'm in so deep at this point that it doesn't really matter to me anymore. I'm just going to ride this train to the end. As for others, they may now have second thoughts simply because of that potential risk that Steven has introduced to the fold.

It isn't about my.com proving themselves. It is more about Steven not being eaten up by them. This is a new IP. This is a new company. Can they resist being influenced by a juggernaut like my.com?
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Pooka said:
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:

Well I mean, you did start off with an antagonistic post, which I honestly can't take seriously. I replied in kind.

You then proceeded to try and infantisze me because you assume something (I'm actually on your side that this got blown up FYI).

You then decided it was best to continue trying to belittle anyone who may disagree with you, while trying to hide behind the fact you wanted a "discussion" when all you really want is confirmation of your bias.

So my constructive feedback is you're too sensitive to opposing view points. So much so, you alienated someone who was ready to agree with you.
    1. Pooka thinks that Truth =/= antagonistic
    2. Pooka doesn't think that Crying =/= infantization
    3. Pook has only replied in return with what Pooka was given.
    4. Pooka doesn't like to alienate anybody but @Nagash.
    5. Pooka was never given any opposing view points, they just attacked poor Pooka.

Pooka did nothing wrong, in fact you had your pitchfork ready while reading the post.  You're truly an evil person for trying to make Pooka seem bad when Pooka was just defending himself.

All this does is prove Pooka right in the fact that people went way overboard with their criticism of Steven.
  • Options
    Pooka said:

We trust Steven. It’s my.com people don’t trust and for good reason. Something like this? It’s actually a big deal. People voicing their concerns on a forum, they must be crying.. right?  ;)
  • Options
    I actually agree that Intrepid may be able to keep my.com inline to give a good experience for our fellow EU brethoron but that still does not take away my disappointment of giving business to a horrible company.  Even if Ashes becomes the game we all hope it will be...i still find it hypocritical with all the talk of evil P2W games by Steven that he would then go and give business to a company that maybe the worst of the worst at it.

I feel for the EU community and would support their gamers in whatever decisions or choices they make.  I really hope to see some of them playing on the NA servers because selfishly i was going to miss some of their witty comments once the game got started.
  • Options
    nestharus said:
     Can they resist being influenced by a juggernaut like my.com?
    I think that's where we just have to hope we're trusting the right people. Obviously it is concerning that intrepid would do something like this, but they haven't screwed us over yet. Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge until/if they do
  • Options
    Pooka said:

We trust Steven. It’s my.com people don’t trust and for good reason. Something like this? It’s actually a big deal. People voicing their concerns on a forum, they must be crying.. right?  ;)
    Oh, Pooka agrees in voicing their concerns, because we really should be concerned about what the details with my.com is.  However, with a mix of discord and how much Pooka has seen posts that completely discredit Steven say otherwise.  A good bit of the community seems like they're trying to eat him alive.
  • Options
    Skipping a few steps and going straight to playing victim.

Internets won
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I'm just glad I'm in the USA and not the EU.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    I actually agree that Intrepid may be able to keep my.com inline to give a good experience for our fellow EU brethoron but that still does not take away my disappointment of giving business to a horrible company.  Even if Ashes becomes the game we all hope it will be...i still find it hypocritical with all the talk of evil P2W games by Steven that he would then go and give business to a company that maybe the worst of the worst at it.

I feel for the EU community and would support their gamers in whatever decisions or choices they make.  I really hope to see some of them playing on the NA servers because selfishly i was going to miss some of their witty comments once the game got started.
    Pooka thinks this as well, but it's not as much about the P2W aspect as some people think.

my.com has been handed Eastern type MMOs, well, a lot of times these F2P and Eastern MMOs are modeled to fall in line with P2W as a sort of contingency plan in case the game isn't as successful.  So what they do is they would have their publish help with ideas on getting as much of a return as possible.

With AoC, it seems to be well governed by IS and I don't think they will lead us into a bad spot.

Pooka doesn't like my.com but Pooka has trust in such he is willing to give them a shot as long as it's IS holding the reins.