Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

With all of the my.com rabble

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sintu said:
    reaccon said:
    Why are you always so right about what youre saying? @Pooka
    Because Pooka is always right...just ask them. 
    I have to disagree with this statement 
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    Crymoar said:
    Pooka said:
    Yes, the company has a bad reputation as a publisher, so what?  

Yes, some folks (maybe a lot of folks) went overboard but the cause of concern is legitimate.

The quote above from you?  Yikes!  So what?

If you eat at a hamburger joint twice (hell maybe even once) and get food poisoning are you going back?  So what if I was puking my guts up; I'm sure they've learned from their mistake?

Steven is a big boy; he's made a decision and I'm sure he can defend it himself or change it if he feels like he needs to.
    That's a terrible comparison.  Food poisoning affects your overall well being, food can kill you, an MMO publisher cannot, unless they send assassins after their customers.

Steven made the best choice he could for Ashes in the EU, that's the bottom line.

Pooka urges all to trust in The Sandal God.
    My.com is Russian, don’t rule out assassins. ;)

Having your identity stolen may not end your life but it can ruin it.  It’s not as dramatic a result but not the worst analogy.

Except it still isn’t quite applicable.  My.com isn’t selling hamburgers.  It’s not giving you a product.  The product is AoC which is made by IS.  My.com is like the delivery company delivering the burger.  If you got food poisoning that’s not the delivery person’s fault.  Blame the restaurant that prepared it.

Now if that delivery company always drops off the food an hour late, cold, and with a footprint on it, then you might have second thoughts...
  • Options
     If he has faith that this could be the right decision. Maybe we should too.
    That's pretty much where I stand. That, and I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of confected Internet rage anyway. Another day, something new for people to complain about. Half the time I wonder whether it's stuff people even care about, or whether it;s just so they can feel like they're part of something by complaining...?
  • Options
    That's pretty much where I stand. That, and I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of confected Internet rage anyway. Another day, something new for people to complain about. Half the time I wonder whether it's stuff people even care about, or whether it;s just so they can feel like they're part of something by complaining...?
    Lots of bored people in the world. A bit of drama is just the thing to get that good ol' adrenaline pumping.
  • Options
    So, what is the problem with My.com ?
  • Options
    The dot between my and com
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    reaccon said:
    Pookas fans are not allowed to share their opinion
  • Options
    reaccon said:
    nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    reaccon said:
    Pookas fans are not allowed to share their opinion
    The same could be said about fools but you don't hear me complaining ^^
  • Options
    triggered
  • Options
    Damn...was looking forward to this game,but i see now that they are already ruining it with mtx (uurghbluurrrhg its cosmetic only,stfu) =( and my.com was just the nail in the coffin..Not touching this game with a 10 foot pole now,
  • Options
    Pogoo said:
    Damn...was looking forward to this game,but i see now that they are already ruining it with mtx (uurghbluurrrhg its cosmetic only,stfu) =( and my.com was just the nail in the coffin..Not touching this game with a 10 foot pole now,
    I don’t think you understand what’s happening...

And the “cosmetic shop” has been around since the beginning, you must not have been paying attention.
  • Options
    I have been searching a getting to know the horrors that is My.Com. I have to say that people are right to have this out rage. Pretty much people in the EU and CIS are screwed unless they VPN to NA. But as far as I can see, they are still self publishing in America region so their partner publisher overseas shouldn't have any say in how the game will be finished. If and when it does, that will be the final nail to this game.
  • Options
    You won’t need to VPN to NA, there is no region locking so no need.  Just choose to connect to a NA server and have your account on Intrepid’s system.  Your ping times might suffer a bit connecting to a remote server but not as much as they might going through VPN to that same server at least.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    yeah ping will definitely suffer a little, though i actually think we might even have advances on AoC compared to games that were developed for the eastern market
  • Options
    If he has faith that this could be the right decision. Maybe we should too.
    And if he decides to jump out of the window, maybe we should to.

Honestly guys, give up acting like lemmings. Do your own research on my.com or use the list somebody compiled on discord what´s the issues are with the publisher. Do you honestly believe that a company who acted like they did in the past until now, somehow magically overnight change their business practices because Steven Shariff in a white shining plate armour rides across and purifies them from their former sins?  Please for god's sake stop being delusional. My.com want first and foremost one thing and that is making money, and they will do that no matter what.

What we have are a lot of promises, if they will come true nobody knows. So be careful with your trust. A lot of things have been said and then decided otherwise.
  • Options
    I was logged into my.com account looking for a delete option and saw AoC listed as a game, nearly panicked... I would write this game off completely if that was my only option. Seriously, they'd be better having TRION publish it there. Just look at my.com privacy policy all you need to know, data harvesting is the new big business there is no other reason they need this info.
    Additional data received when you access the Services, including information  regarding technical devices, technical interaction with the Service such as your IP-address, time of registration in the Service, device ids, country and language settings, device model and operating system used, your installed apps, type of browser, your Internet provider and/or phone network operator, network type, screen resolution, RAM size and your browsing behavior.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Atama said:
    Pogoo said:

And the “cosmetic shop” has been around since the beginning, you must not have been paying attention.
    I have not been here since the start,so i did not know that it was there from the start, but that does not change anything at all. I got interested in this game cuz they said it was gonna have a subscrition monetization,(im guessing its gonna cost 60$ to )having a cash shop next to a subscription is scummy af and just shows that they are just as greedy as all the other devs and publsihers.They decided to team up with Satan (My.com) and ask us all to trust them,no way.They have ruined every game they have published so far from what i understand,what makes you think they arn´t gonna fuck this up to?
    And call it for what it is, a CASH shop.
  • Options
    @Pogoo
    There is no box cost, pay the sub get the game. As far as a cash shop goes as long as it stays cosmetics it shouldn't be a problem no one is gonna force you to buy anything from it and your game play isn't affected
  • Options
    @Pogoo I also hate the cash shop, but I think your going overboard. We should expect cash shop items to look similar to the cosmetics currently in the shop (not defending, it is what it is). And I'm pretty sure Steven has explicitly said the there will be no game cost to play aside from the sub.

Concerning my.com, I watched a LazyPeon vid today on the my.com topic and I think he fleshed it out pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGsXie8d8mM

Well worth your time if you confused as to whats going on, or why that occurred. TLDW version is basically it was either my.com and maintain all creative control, or delay EU release to self publish. After watching all this, I'm not sure I agree with their decision but I certainly understand.
  • Options
    Pogoo said:
    Atama said:
    Pogoo said:

I have not been here since the start,so i did not know that it was there from the start, but that does not change anything at all. I got interested in this game cuz they said it was gonna have a subscrition monetization,(im guessing its gonna cost 60$ to )having a cash shop next to a subscription is scummy af and just shows that they are just as greedy as all the other devs and publsihers.They decided to team up with Satan (My.com) and ask us all to trust them,no way.They have ruined every game they have published so far from what i understand,what makes you think they arn´t gonna fuck this up to?
    And call it for what it is, a CASH shop.
    So?  It’s a CASH shop.  Because...  They don’t accept “thank you” as currency?  Every “shop” is a cash shop, it’s a redundant phrase.  I hate to break it to you but they’re going to expect cash for the subscription as well, I hope you’re prepared for that.

And did you know that every current major MMO that requires a subscription has a “cash shop” also?  Even WoW.  The cash shop will help fund things, it means not having to charge extra like asking for a box price or gouging you on DLCs.  And it is totally optional; no pay-to-win.  You can pay money if you want your horse to look like an armored bear or want your cloak to have a bird’s beak on it or whatever.  If you don’t want to spend money in it, don’t.  Let other players spend hundreds of dollars on it so they can have all their gear look gold-plated and meanwhile you just pay for your subscription and enjoy the stuff they’re paying for.

You seem to have no complaints except guilt-by-association.  Like the guy who stole your high school girlfriend drove a green Toyota so now everyone who drives one must be bad.  You’re complaining about costs when you don’t even know how much it will cost; you’re guessing a $60 box price (I assume that’s what the $60 comment meant) but you’re wrong, there’s no box cost.

My.com has no creative control, they won’t be able to influence the game to make it suck like their other games.  They’ll only run servers and field customer support.  And they’re only publishing in EU, are you over there too?  If not that won’t even affect you.

You’re getting worked up when it looks like you really haven’t read much about this game at all.  Go read a couple articles or the FAQ or the wiki.  There’s a lot of information about this game that’s more reliable than your assumptions or things you just made up.
  • Options
    Pooka said:
    Let's be honest with ourselves, you followed Steven into an unknown world, trusting him at every single turn and he has surpassed all of our expectations thus far.  So I ask this, why do you guys rage, like this is a legit toddler tantrum you folk are throwing.  Steven cannot come out and explain the contract, it's more than likely under an NDA.  He went from a saint to the devil himself in your eyes. 

Yes, the company has a bad reputation as a publisher, so what?  People learn form their mistakes, and even if they do want to pull some sort of craziness, I can promise you that the contract that was written up between IS and my.com will cover Stevens ass in case something happens.

To hound at him over something like this?  That's a bit much, so, why don't we do what we have done and keep our trust in the guy?  All of this crying just proves that you never trusted his vision in the first place.

POOKA HAS SPOKEN
    LOL got a good laugh thanks. 

Also you can't promise anything. I don't know much about My.Com never heard of them till recently.

I can say if you said the same thing and they were getting in bed with EA , Ubisoft or Daybreak, I'd be ROFLMFAO.

Glad I'm not in EU as far as AOC is concerned I feel bad for all the EU brothers and sisters out there.

But honestly who are you to judge people that are upset over this situation it's for each person to decide for themselves.

I can tell you if I had doubts about something and someone tried to strong arm or guilt me to think other wise it would just make me doubt to the nth degree more.

Positive words and facts would work much better to ease a situation like this.

You making a promise you cant make, or statements like 100% creative control when dealing with monetary concerns are not the type of words that elist trust.

In situations like these it's best not to throw fuel to the fire when things are already hot. 

But thanks for the laugh.