Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes of Creation Release Dates

Comments

• So nobody knows still? Huh thats odd

I have leader package and I havent gotten anything
  • So nobody knows still? Huh thats odd

Thanks for the update /fingers still crossed
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    arrachne said:
    So nobody knows still? Huh thats odd

Your welcome. If I havent heard anything by the end of the week I'll send in a ticket.

I mean I would think at least being in the leader of men package tier would know a bit here soon 
  • lukums said:
    I like the bit... where they say 2018 September Alpha 1 begins - with no further info a week into September xD RIP
    And as of this writing they are sending out the first access emails tomorrow or Wednesday. Monday is Labor Day in the US, a national holiday, and most people in non-essential jobs will have a nice 3 day weekend to relax after the grueling summer schedule, last couple weeks of trade shows, and the ramp up to first mass playable alpha. Just because you haven't seen a piece of information, doesn't mean it isn't out there. So stop the Chicken Little hyperbole, it serves no one well.
  • arrachne said:
    Lex1961 said:
    Knowledge is power and they for some reason what to still hold onto that power.  I get it, it gets people to come back to the forums and searching online time after time hoping to see some type of update.  It builds hype and increases hits on webpages.  It also starts to grate on people.
    Its so weird though - they engage with audiences at PAX face to face and share a video stream here and there but don't touch their twitter more than once every few weeks  - The pinned post is from months ago. They are forgetting thousands upon thousands of us exist.

Their social game is so exclusive that they are missing out on so many methods of driving forum and site engagement and they just don't "bother" to let anyone know we should care. All I ever hear is a wet fart unless I go digging for info.

I'm not even sure that there ARE female playable characters in game, that's how vague this forum is.

Hopeful my "Alpha 1, earliest alpha access" will finally come into play and I get to break down that wall of exclusivity and discover how inclusive it really is.

they didnt forget anyone existed....you need to join the discord. They talk to people all the time there. 
  • arrachne said:
    Lex1961 said:
    Knowledge is power and they for some reason what to still hold onto that power.  I get it, it gets people to come back to the forums and searching online time after time hoping to see some type of update.  It builds hype and increases hits on webpages.  It also starts to grate on people.
    Its so weird though - they engage with audiences at PAX face to face and share a video stream here and there but don't touch their twitter more than once every few weeks  - The pinned post is from months ago. They are forgetting thousands upon thousands of us exist.
    they didnt forget anyone existed....you need to join the discord. They talk to people all the time there. 
    I AM on the Discord and have been on discord for years - I'm pointing out that some don't have the free time to lurk in hopes of tiny scraps of info, or spend hours on the forums and discord searching for tiny bits of information.

Sharing is caring. We continue to look forward to their sharing info to us.
  • Excited to finally playtest the game! Hopefully, we can help make this an amazing MMO!
  • Not sure how to copy/paste it properly, but this was from the Discord:
    Steven:
    Glorious Ashes Community, I have uploaded the new gameplay for Alpha One Phase 1. Check it out if you missed the stream. https://youtu.be/59ih84Xh5E8 To clarify, Alpha One Phase 1 testing will commence starting this week with limited testers selected by order of purchase, and will include all alpha testers before the end of September. This is 1 quarter ahead of schedule 🏻. Alpha 1 testers will test each arena mode a full month before that mode is granted to registered users. This phase is a bonus phase of development and we will run the arena during development and post launch as a matchmaking mode of Ashes. Alpha One Phase 2, is the integration of action and tab, with access only allowed to the 10k alpha 1 testers. This will be the persistent world, with class progression, node advancement, crafting and many systems implemented. I hope you enjoy what you see. We cannot wait to get you in game 

TL;DR
    The earlier you backed the game, the sooner you'll get in to Alpha 1, phase 1.

• StevenLast Sunday at 5:30 AM

@[Envy] DA Kadeus 🚬🌳 tier then backer number. This is only relevant for the stress test phase. Which starts this week and should last 3 weeks
  • Braver of Worlds Kickstarter Backer! Hoping to jump in to Alpha 1 soon. Just upgraded my PC to tackle whatever you can throw at it!
  • Just got the email they start firday september 7th
  • arrachne said:

As promised,

I have now gotten an email with A1 access for the 7th!

This is the first set for stress testing. So expect the lower tiers in Kickstarter backers to flow in a bit later. Probably next week
    edited September 2018
    arrachne said:

As promised,

I have now gotten an email with A1 access for the 7th!

This is the first set for stress testing. So expect the lower tiers in Kickstarter backers to flow in a bit later. Probably next week
    Have also received the same email. Exciting times.. 🤩
    edited September 2018
    My question was answered in another thread, so this was edited to reflect that.
    edited September 2018
    aeschines said:
    I thought invites were based on this statement, taken from discord, quoting Steven "with limited testers selected by order of purchase"  I was one of the first 50 backers, but no invite for me.  Could someone from Intrepid elaborate on this process please?
    Selected by Order of purchase with Tiers

So if you are a Higher tiered level (Like leader of men in kickstarter) 

So even if you were a lower tier and you happened to see and back kickstarter first, the person who paid higher will get the invite first.

If you have alpha 1 access have no fear though. You will be in next week after the first Stress tests
    edited September 2018
    • Starting on September 7th, 2018 at 6 PM PDT we will be starting a series of stress tests to prepare our servers for your arrival to Alpha 1 Phase 1. Admission to this stress test will be incremental and based on package tier. We cannot even begin to express how grateful and excited we are to include you all in this amazing journey!
  • lukums said:
    I like the bit... where they say 2018 September Alpha 1 begins - with no further info a week into September xD RIP
    A date will be announced following the data collected from our Stress test environment. Keep in mind lukums, Intrepid is already over 1 Quarter ahead of schedule.
  • Whoooop got the email saying the date for September 7th, 2018 for alpha 1!! Keep on pressing f5 on email lots of times! cant wait!

• I feel like a lot of people are going to lose interest or commit to something else before 2020 happens. Don't get me wrong. I know it takes a lot of work to get it all together as well as time. But I almost would have rather have not known of the projected date and just assume it was like Star Citizen where you will play betas with no real window of release. Remember Chronicles of Elyria, Pantheon, and Ascent: Infinite Realm are right around the corner.
  • XOKyushen said:
    I feel like a lot of people are going to lose interest or commit to something else before 2020 happens. Don't get me wrong. I know it takes a lot of work to get it all together as well as time. But I almost would have rather have not known of the projected date and just assume it was like Star Citizen where you will play betas with no real window of release. Remember Chronicles of Elyria, Pantheon, and Ascent: Infinite Realm are right around the corner.
    Well, they said "Release before 2020" which is pretty much 1 year away with hardly any competition MMORPG's fully releasing. There is AIR sometime in 2019, Maplestory 2 (which is super casual), and possibly Lost Ark if Smilegate gets screw'd with the new Chinese laws as they might be forced to launch in the west first.

So what else is there to look forward too?
  • Got the email yesterday about Alpha 1 Phase 1 starting today but haven't received an email with the install instructions yet. Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs yet.
  • Shoob said:
    Got the email yesterday about Alpha 1 Phase 1 starting today but haven't received an email with the install instructions yet. Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs yet.
    Not yet. 

I'm Not sure when they plan on sending it
  • Emails should go out before 4pm with download and account details
  • Emails should go out before 4pm with download and account details
    4pm PDT?

I'm Eastern
    edited September 2018
    Am to early for the downloads still have not received one.  :'( I have been updated sorry for the hassle.
  • Still haven't seen my 2nd email either.
  • 2nd email received. Be sure to check your junk email folder if you haven't seen it yet.
  • Wow... that is absolute BS and I wish I could get my money back... An entire year of alpha 1 before alpha 2 for what? 3 months?. What the hell was the point in paying for the $250 package? Thats ridiculous.
  • Berserk_Zodd said:

No, they need to maintain consistent, concise communication across ALL selected outlets, so everyone who is waiting, regardless their preferred channel, finds out AT THE SAME TIME.

Companies around the globe do this every day, so stop pretending it's so damn difficult. It's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of discipline and organization.

Believe me when I say that watching how some of this communication is NOT happening just reminds me of Studio 9/Verant and trust me when I say their communications NEVER really improved... to... this... day.

So, yeah, put me in the column of people who got an email 2 weeks ago and nothing since. I figure I didn't make stress test (or if I did, no one has told me), so I just continue idling... but stop acting like no one has a right to voice a complaint or that any complaint you prefer can be dismissed; that's just rude.
  • Just got my email woo so hyped.