Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

I vote to just make it action combat

Comments

• Get off my lawn!!!
  • Sintu said:
    Get off my lawn!!!

• Where can I vote ? I never heard anything about this.
  • Where can I vote ? I never heard anything about this.
    Just go to stupidideas.com/myvoteisimportant
  • I will wait and see what Inrepid throw at us.
    Then decide if its great or sucks.
  • No. I recommend a hybrid system.
  • I vote no.  I'm looking forward to having a mix.  I will probably be a 60/40 or 70/30 (somewhere in there) split in favor of tab targeting.
  • So what other MMO's did a mixture of action and tab target ever work?
  • So what other MMO's did a mixture of action and tab target ever work?
    Archeage
  • It's difficult because people need to adapt to it, I like action as it is right now without targeting sistem 
  • It's a hybrid system. So hypothetical voting while perhaps entertaining is moot.

As stress tester I am personally passing on the current action combat test.
    I have tried it but don't like the fixed reticle overshoulder perspective or current itemised skill ability system.

That and my oceanic ping seems to make the dodge roll a 1 sec input delay.

So call this feedback hopefully without violating NDA.

However if you do enjoy this play-style then you have the option.

It's not my cup of tea...

• Whocando said:
    It's a hybrid system. So hypothetical voting while perhaps entertaining is moot.

I have tried it but don't like the fixed reticle overshoulder perspective or current itemised skill ability system.

I wouldn't worry about the NDA, it is for visuals only like screenshots, vids, and streaming, unlike the blanket coverage NDA there was for A0. I too also only play a couple matches to give them some data and then leave it alone. Mine isn't about the camera view but about keybindings working. It is all a work in progress of course, exactly why it is testing. Once they move beyond the BR that they needed to get out so they hit their KS promised deadline of "before Dec 2018" and we get the actual mmo testing of the hybrid system they plan to go with, the things like customizable camera controls and such should start to appear.
  • I vote against the OP, why would I restrict myself from 'tab and action' to just 'action'

more options are always better, and can cater to more play-styles.  I especially prefer tab target when playing as a healer, but like action when playing as DPS.

• Whocando said:
    It's a hybrid system. So hypothetical voting while perhaps entertaining is moot.

Same deal with me, being an oceanic player and all. However, I am struggling to play the stress test because the battle royale style of gameplay makes me want to stab my eyes out with a rusty spoon. How do people play this type of game for more than a few days, let alone weeks and months?! It is a total mystery to me.
  • I think the more choice/flexability there is, the more interesting combat is.  I personally get bored in games where you just circle strafe and keep on the cookie cutter rotation for your cookie cutter build. 
  • Thanks, NO.
  • LithiusV said:
    Whocando said:

Same deal with me, being an oceanic player and all. However, I am struggling to play the stress test because the battle royale style of gameplay makes me want to stab my eyes out with a rusty spoon. How do people play this type of game for more than a few days, let alone weeks and months?! It is a total mystery to me.
    Its just not for me either but by logging in and getting murdered we are providing numbers to stress out the servers and that's the type of data they are looking for. I play MMO's gave up playing other types of games a very long time ago they all just seemed to be clones of what has come before. They just don't offer what MMO's can but that's just me and my opinion.

A1p2 is where its at.
  • In amendment to my previous comment.  It turns out I'm diabolically bad at action combat so I tell you "ney!" to action combat.  Give me cookie cutter rotations and tab targeting after all.  ROFL.
  • Both please, that can compliment each players playstyle
  • I think they should make the combat system similar to the action combat in Tera. I think this is the best action combat of all MMORPGs. 
  • Lupulsaiu said:
    I think they should make the combat system similar to the action combat in Tera. I think this is the best action combat of all MMORPGs. 
    YES! I am all in! Love the combat in Tera . . . but the dev team . . . now I am depressed again :neutral: 

BHS is milking Tera for all it's worth unfortunately and can be compared to Destiny. Good combat but no content XD
  • The vast majority of player builds will contain predominantly action or tab-targeting abilities according to Steven in a recent stream. The fact that the game supports a "hybrid" build doesn't mean 50% action, 50% tab-targeting.

Most players will have 80-90% one type over the other - the hybridization is just to better balance a system that allows for both. So, unless you are super into the idea of a 50-50 build for some reason, you're in luck.

:)
  • Too early to quibble about exact percentages of builds, but they have stated that it will be a max of 75%/25% in their vision. How would they do that? Say you have all your action abilities and tab abilities unlocked. You have 100 skill points to allocate. Once you start spending you find out that only 75 of them will go into action skills, there just aren't anymore to spend points on. So the the other 25 are going to go into tab skills. What you throw on your bar, and what you use are up to you, but to think that someone is going to be able to go beyond what they envision for "balance" is prolly not a good expectation.
  • As an Aussie ... lag & action combat = unsub. That could change if there are genuine Aussie servers, but then that reduces the variety of people you will see in game. TT combat with up to 250ms lag is still quite playable.
  • Aileric said:
    As an Aussie ... lag & action combat = unsub. That could change if there are genuine Aussie servers, but then that reduces the variety of people you will see in game. TT combat with up to 250ms lag is still quite playable.
    That literally has NOTHING to do with the game at that point. It is all due to where you live and what server you play on, that's it. Your fault, not the game's.
  • Aileric said:
    As an Aussie ... lag & action combat = unsub. That could change if there are genuine Aussie servers, but then that reduces the variety of people you will see in game. TT combat with up to 250ms lag is still quite playable.
    That literally has NOTHING to do with the game at that point. It is all due to where you live and what server you play on, that's it. Your fault, not the game's.

So,  you are saying that game play should not even  try to be all inclusive and accommodate different styles of play?  Steven and Intrepid seem to be trying to develop an mmo that will bring communities/people together in every sense of the word to work together in game to influence and build a new world.  Why would you want to fault and dismiss someone due to where they live?  Most people have no choice as to which area of the vast world they live in. Prejudicial reasoning is it not? 

You are right in that it literally has nothing to due  with the game at that time, assuming you mean when they game goes retail.  Because at that time they plan on having the combination of both action and target combat enabled in game.  Most of us thrive on choice and working things out.    Sorry whitedude31,  live with YOUR limitations.
  • I suspect the game will be 70% nontarget and 30% target based. This is just my thinking.
  • Aileric said:

So,  you are saying that game play should not even  try to be all inclusive and accommodate different styles of play?  Steven and Intrepid seem to be trying to develop an mmo that will bring communities/people together in every sense of the word to work together in game to influence and build a new world.  Why would you want to fault and dismiss someone due to where they live?  Most people have no choice as to which area of the vast world they live in. Prejudicial reasoning is it not? 

You are right in that it literally has nothing to due  with the game at that time, assuming you mean when they game goes retail.  Because at that time they plan on having the combination of both action and target combat enabled in game.  Most of us thrive on choice and working things out.    Sorry whitedude31,  live with YOUR limitations.
    Go back and read my RESPONSE to Aileric's comment. I stated nothing about the tab/action combat argument. I stated that him having lag issues due to where he lives is HIS fault, not the game's.

Next time you want to try and argue with me, learn to read.
  • Aileric said:

Go back and read my RESPONSE to Aileric's comment. I stated nothing about the tab/action combat argument. I stated that him having lag issues due to where he lives is HIS fault, not the game's.

Next time you want to try and argue with me, learn to read.
    Actually he mentioned the fact that BOTH tab action along with lag was at issue.  Take away one,  the  action combat at least helps him have a chance of enjoyment in the game.  It is you who should be more careful with reading comprehension and responses.