Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream - September 27th at 3pm PDT - Q&A thread

Comments

• Options
    Can monsters level up, if they killed you and other monsters?
  • Options
    Will there be yearly subscription plans similar to the lifetime kickstarter plans?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018

1) With dungeons not being instanced, will it scale to how many players enter if more than 8 go in at a time?

2) Will there be positional scaling for doing damage? i.e. Bow doing more damage if you're closer b/c of losing less kinetic energy? Or hitting a monster from behind doing more damage/have less chance of being parried or resisted?

3) I know you said that you don't have plans to make flying a permanent feature but do you have plans or thoughts on a legendary item that summons a flying mount that you can only use for a certain amount of time? I also don't mean like a dragon egg, I am talking more about something that you could gain by completing a super hard/long quest chain and provide you with a permanent item.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Kalez said:

Question 1: What is the current type of dps role you expect from fighter class? Burst? Sustained dmg?

What we want the Fighter warrior to do is to be able to cut through enemy lines, get to the support area of a raid perhaps and take out healers with some quick DPS burst damage. We want them to be masters of different weapons. We want them to be able to be versatile in whether or not they want to be a ranged fighter or melee one. It's going to be up to the player.[4] – Steven Sharif
  • Options
    Demonneo said:
    Will we be able to change our armor to have different skins from different sets? Or we will only be able to use the same complete outfit like everyone else?
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Gear_appearance#Racial_weapons_and_armor
  • Options
    If I'm a citizen of a port city (whether river, lake, or sea), could an individual player be the owner of the docks, or be set up as a Dockmaster, able to collect tolls for mooring, trading, or any other number of mercantile operations on the docks?
  • Options
    We have to know guys, Will there be transmogging?
  • Options
    YOUR INVENTORY BAG IS FULL!

As a MMORPG veteran, this is my mostly hated message.
    Every gatherer and crafter knows what I mean ;)
    Do you have a vision for a new intuitive inventory system?

Greetings from Germany
  • Options
    ______ said:
    We have to know guys, Will there be transmogging?
    Gear will have appearance slots (Transmutation/Transmog/cosmetic slots) that are used to copy the appearance of an item (in some cases).
  • Options
    Would like to get some information about lateral progression on gear
  • Options
    Statistics. What kind of statistics will there be in game? Will be there be atleast steam-like time play and last logged in? PvP/PK count is a must imo. Everything else would be nice too: total deaths, total mobs killed, total gold earned etc etc.
  • Options
    in which testing phase will we see character animations like running and jumping etc. be more finalized? when standing on a slope or sideways on stairs, will the character's legs reflect the different elevations? reason I ask is the eyesore of other mmo's where one leg is hovering in the air while standing on uneven ground etc.
  • Options
    We have mentioned nodes allowing a certain amount of freeholds. If a node goes from stage 3 to stage 6 will it allow for more freeholds? 

Thanks! This may have been answered before but I havent been able to find it.
  • Options
    Will the October cosmetics include a lich skin, If no I think You dropped this money of the ground 
  • Options
    Hey was just wondering if we could get some more clarification on your vision for the current Battle Royale game mode. You've expressed a desire to run the mode post-launch as a matchmaking mode, my question is will this mode be free to play funded with cosmetics or will it only be available to those who subscribe to the base game.
  • Options
    Hey :smile: Could you maybe implement a wardrobe system similar to the one in Guild Wars 2 where you can see all your unlocked skins and pick a skin you like for your current armor and/or weapon? That´d rlly be amazing!
  • Options
    Can you confirm there is/is not an FPS cap in the current build of the game?  And if so why, and would you be willing to expose a setting for us disable the FPS cap?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Husbandry question!

If taming would be the gathering part of the husbandry profession and if Breeding would be the processing part. What will the crafting part of the husbandry profession be?

Simply, Could you enlighten us of the actual three choices we can make within the husbandry profession?

Additionally, If someone would focus fully on breeding. How would one be able to make a living earlier in the game? Before good pets and mounts are tamed or until you can afford to buy them from others?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I have heard you talk about Questing and how there will be no markers indicating a quest is available. My Questions is this; Will there be any type of linear progression with the quest line? Is there going to be a "Story" line that easy to follow or are we going to have to try and find all of that out through "tavern talk"?  if so, approx percentage?
  • Options
    Name reservations - are these on a per server basis or will they be unique globally (ala guild wars)
  • Options
    Shop Questions  :)  Will the items in the shop be available again for purchase?  i.e. The Swan ship and the Sweet shop..I noticed them a while back but did not purchase them and would looooove to have these in game for my play experience.  Are we able to craft similar shop items in game. ( A caravan for transporting spices, a tanning house for making the finest hides) or are they only available from the Shop?  Would it be possible to give more details on the items?

If these questions have been asked before...I would appreciate a link to the answers. :)

oh and shout out to Sam for being so quick to respond to my questions...never had a response so quickly to questions before in other games that I played and was quite impressed.  Congrats on the Alpha 1 phase...had a fun time in the test phase !

• Options
    How big will BE the final Action bar (how many Slots)? Are there any additional weapon skills ? 
    PS : 1rule , the more the better 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Will the October cosmetics include a lich skin, If no I think You dropped this money of the ground 
    Nope it will be a ghost skin, just to spite you :3
  • Options
    What are the current plans for leveling characters? Will it be some questing, some grinding; grinding; questing; something new?!
    How are you planning to make leveling something new and interesting, and not just a "rush to max level where the game really starts" ?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Q1) Will there be an option to customize our UI, like change colors, size, and positions without reasonable limitations?

Q2) Will there be more in-depth keybinding options, like instead of hitting Left Control + W to dodge. I can set up double clicking W (dodge forward), D (dodge right) and etc.  Example ARMA3 where I can set up multi options. That type of freedom?

Thank you, I am looking forward to an amazing game!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Can you please confirm whether or not all 3 Arena modes (Battlegrounds, Castle Siege Mode, City Defense Horde Mode) will remain free to play up to and after launch for registered users (website accounts)?  And if so can you please explain the reasoning for this?
  • Options
    Hi team!

I have been wanting a more direct answer on this for some time and I know others in the community do as well. I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on any approximation of time from the time the exodus from Verra happened until the time of the return when we all step back through the gates?

• Options
    My Question for Intrepid:

"My question here would be how much do you respect player investment? By player investment I mean the time sinks that we put into the game.

And how would you handle a situation like this:
    You have an Enchantment (or something like that) which (after multiple balance changes) turns out to be too weak to be useful for the players but it still supports an interesting playstyle which is loved by a large portion of the community, so you end up buffing it to make it useful again (and make everyone happy).
    Then tons of players start investing (a lot of time, gold and ressources) into this enchantment and after a while they find a legit way to make it completely broken, so you are forced to nerf it.

Would you just reverse the buff?
    *this would upset all the players that have invested a lot of time and resources into this.

Or would you try to find a balanced middle ground and compensate the players who invested their all their time and resources into this?
    How would you do this? Or do you have another solution for this?"
  • Options
    Hello, Intrepid! I know this is still alpha, but my question is: Are the ALL abilities being used in A1 going to be incorporated in their respective classes or are you guys still experimenting?
This discussion has been closed.